Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

USMC Mod V 1.4

Just wondering, you already had the time to start/continue on the RG-31?

*Cough* RG-31 *Cough*

*Cough* Don't thread-jack *cough* tounge2.gif

Plus your's is "stopped" so its not much good showing it off, is it?

*Cough* RG-31 *Cough*

*Cough* Don't thread-jack *cough* tounge2.gif

Plus your's is "stopped" so its not much good showing it off, is it?

Quote[/b] ]Pack will probably be cut up and parts that are usefull for OFP or Armed Assult will be released.

whistle.gif

I dont think your mod is very correct on its accuracy of what the Marine Corps really has and uses.

Isnt the CROWs weapons system only fielded by the Armys 4th ID so far, and I dont think the marines have the money to buy such a system.

I've also never seen marines use 5 ton trucks (m923) only 7 ton trucks.

RG-31 is only used by the Army also.

Just a few things to point out, not trying to offend you. Thanks

biggrin_o.gif

@herman01:

CROWS: You right AFIK it is only used by Army, but i add it cos maybe it could in future used by USMC (like with the M1114). Thats the reason. But that was SEF. Nobody said that the USMC mod will finally get a M1114 CROWS!

M923 5t Truck: I refering to Globalesecurity and also USMC.mil. They old but still used. The MTVR is brand bew and i highly doubt that it will replace in the nearst future all small trucks. I also refering too: Clancy, Tom (2000): US Marines. Die legendäre ... [eng.: Marine. A Guided Tour of a Marine Expeditionary Unit], München.

RG-31: I don´t know exactly who use what. Primary protective vehicle of USMC is the Cougar JERRV (AFAIK) but refering to this news the USMC use them too. Maybe they only lend it. Don´t know. But if somebody can clear the situation ... go ahead.

Last thing too add. The USMC mod want to represent the USMC not in present time. It want to represent the USMC in nearest future. So if we stick to the actual equipment i shouldn´t implement the AH-1Z, UH-Y, V-22, F-35 and AAAV.

Oh pls tell me that these AH-1Z, UH-Y, V-22, F-35 and AAAV, are going to be included, I have wanted an AAAV in ofp for a loooong time.

Well FischKopp, look towards the end of the week in me sending a textured SRAW, I'm tired of waiting on people.

RG-31: I don´t know exactly who use what. Primary protective vehicle of USMC is the Cougar JERRV (AFAIK) but refering to this news the USMC use them too. Maybe they only lend it. Don´t know. But if somebody can clear the situation ... go ahead.

Some RG-31's were bought for evaluation by the USMC and later some were also used as interim protective vehicle until the Cougar started fielding. I don't know exactly about their status right now but I guess all the vehicles are going to be replaced by the Cougar. We're talking about small numbers, only about 8 are in service in the Marine Corps IIRC.

gun358.jpg

gun359.jpg

Started some limited texture work, and got it about... 80% or more mapped currently.

Are these RG-31' or Mamba's in field trials by the USMC cuz there is slightly a difference between the european and the south african made APC?

gun360.jpg]

gun361.jpg

gun362.jpg

Eric J, the progress on the weapon is looking great. And thanks for taking the initiative to finish it. Keep up the good work.

gun365.jpg

gun366.jpg

gun367.jpg

gun368.jpg

gun369.jpg

I figure by Sunday I can get something to you, latest Monday..

Final touches on the SRAW:

gun383.jpg

gun384.jpg

Don't know what's up with your pictures, Eric, but they look terrible so stretched. :/

A little tip regarding textures some little scratches and shading would make them less cartoon-like. wink_o.gif

I'm not too concerned about stretching since it's only dev shots.

And It'll be fine wink_o.gif:

sraw_held.jpg

BUZZARD @ June 08 2006,19:12)]How's the LVS going? Has there been any release of it yet?

The LVS are done. I´ve completed following LVS-variants:

LVS Mk. 48 FPU --> Tractor

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (empty cargo area)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with 4 M227 rocketpods)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with ammo crates)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with normal supply crates)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with 3 fuel tanks)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with container)

LVS Mk. 48 FPU + Mk. 14 RPU (loaded with medical supplies container)

and every trailer (the Mk. 14 RPU) is available as single object.

At the moment i give the first PBO the final touch. Centralize the needed tex (from Data.pbo and the other ones) into one, cos i don´t know if they will still there with ArmA.