Sign in to follow this  
nicolq craig

Object Count Per Side

I am trying to creat mission and I ran into an Object Count error ( Only 63 object per side).

I have HP P4 3gz, 2gbt ram, 128 vid.

How do I increase my object count I do have the ram?

Will there be increases in Object count in future OFP game

releases?

63 object per side refers to a group limitation I think. Meaning that you have too many groups on one side (West, or East or Resistance or Civilian) and you must reduce this count. Everyone has this problem no matter what the machine.

Its possible that you are having a different problem but I don't believe so.

Group your soldiers together and that will free up some room for more, also you posted this in the wrong section.

Jakerod is right, this is a game engine limitation. It's nothing to do with your computer.

63 groups is plenty though. If you do run out, make Resistance friendly to one side or the other and reinvent the plot to take account of their presence.

Note that armed civilians will shoot at whoever the Resistance is not friendly to, although the enemy will not shoot back.

There is also a limit on the number of soldiers in a group - 12. With even three sides (ignoring the civilians) thats

63 x 12 x 3 = more loons than your or anybody else's computer can cope with

trust Macguba on that wink_o.gif 63 Loons makes missions unplayable usually. To much lag and to hard to aim... been there done that biggrin_o.gif got flamed by my friends for some of my earlier and some few last year creations where i wanted to get big time , there is a addon that increases number of groups to much more if you really really want to have more than 63 groups tounge2.gif you can find it on www.mapfact.net and its called groups addon.

How do I increase my object count?

Count them twice! tounge2.gif

Jakerod is right, this is a game engine limitation. It's nothing to do with your computer.

63 groups is plenty though. If you do run out, make Resistance friendly to one side or the other and reinvent the plot to take account of their presence.

Note that armed civilians will shoot at whoever the Resistance is not friendly to, although the enemy will not shoot back.

There is also a limit on the number of soldiers in a group - 12. With even three sides (ignoring the civilians) thats

63 x 12 x 3 = more loons than your or anybody else's computer can cope with

If you want, say, a huge East force against West (i.e. more than 63 groups of East) you can set Resistance as friendly to east, than group East units with Resistance commanders, and then set the commanders chance of presence slider to 0%.

That way you have additional groups of East units who will attack the West wink_o.gif (you can set side via editing the mission.sqm, but I'm not 100% on how to do this)...