Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA Dynamic War SP template

I thought of one way to do a platoon type of mission. Where you play a sort of a relieving force. Maybe lessening the need to juggle with complex waypoint handling. Another cool mission would be one where you have to assist another platoon defending a strong point.

There are many interesting options with this kit smile_o.gif.

bm

Actually, if you want to add more squads going with you on missions, and you don't want to have the player to control each of them individually, you can try to use a bit of the system i used in the Free Missions scripts.

There, every allied squads going in the free mission with you are actually moving in each of your flanks according to your current positions.

So by using such a system, you should be able to expand the battle zone a lot more , with more units involved, without giving any more "work" to the mission player, as the other squads will just move automatically along the player, wherever he can go.

But if you prefer a command system, along all his other secret projects, TacRod has something very interesting on the way.

/Sanctuary runs for cover

(scratch that question, just read about it in the other thread)

However, I cannot seem to find the script you mentioned. I checked in freemissions folder but couldn't see it.

This addon/dma was the main reason I re-installed OFP. I think BIS should consider adding this as a standard smile_o.gif.

marcus

In the free missions folder a re the basic scripts defining dialogs, some checks and exec some scripts etc..

One of those script that is executed is the enemy spawn script for those free missions

freewave.sqs

altfreewave.sqs

both can be found in the spawnterror folder and their functions is to create on the fly new enemies when existing ones have been killed , and manage their movements according to the player position.

May not be very easy to understand at first, but all the movements are managed by setwppos command.

ROOOAAARRR! TacRod ANGRY! mad_o.gif My precious secret plans!

Not really tounge2.gif

@ marcusjm

For a very brief outline of the mission, check the last post on this page. I'm currently building with the DMA Naval pack on Libya. It's pretty simple to play and will be developed with the same easy modding/porting in mind. With the Naval pack and ECP, some of the battles are truly awesome (if I may say so myself).

Hello.

when Im playing a example mission (DynaWarWest.Abel.pbo), I found some bug.

I can't proceed next mission when I fail in RAID and RESCUE.

when i finished helo down event, PATROL and MERCENARY doesn't end. (Enemy doesn't spawn)

Thanks.

Thanks for your report, with the details you provided i will be able to investigate this by reproducing the problems.

I played the free mission with SFP units vs USSR and it was a real intense thing. Especially cool when you replace the build options with cooler AT weapons etc smile_o.gif. With ECP it's even better. I hope the quirks with that mod gets worked out because ECP/DMA mods(missions) belong together.

Now I'll try the IFV insertion tip I got before. Maybe I'll start out easy with just motorized transport instead of actual mechanized.

One nice thing I attempted with success was double insertion with UH1 chopppers, dividing the squad into each chopper. Using two airbases instead of one. It looks cooler when you arrive like that smile_o.gif.

It was my test before attempting to insert 3 squads simultaneously.

marcus

The difference between those 2 is the presence or not of an ingame dialog with buttons allowing the user to select the battle orientation if he choose to play a Free Mission.

This dialog menu is somehow conflicting with some ECP scripts.

Just tried the non ECP compatible DMA version SP template using ECP and seemed to work fine, no errors. huh.gif

Tried both east and west versions, tried the free mission dialog and the normal mission when you dont choose anything at all, every turned out very good, well done smile_o.gif .

What exactly went wrong for you?

PS: Fantastic work guys, very slick work here.

That's strange,

Using the ECP mod with the non ECP compatible version of the template, going to the blackops/spetsnaz officer , requesting a free mission popped up some ECP script errors during the ingame menu dialog for the battle orientation.

Mostly everyone (and myself too, -but- sometime those script errors do not appear for me, that's the tricky part) have experienced this problem, and as i don't know what those errors can introduce in the rest of the missions, it was better to make a more ECP friendly version.

As taking out this ingame dialog menu got rid of those errors in the ECP compatible version of the template and mission example.

Several people have reported a crash (after a while) when playing these missions with ECP , and no crash without. (but for this problem , i guess there can be a lot of possible explanations : some kind of OFP memory leak after a lot of time spent on a mission/variables names conflicting/multiplicity of ECP+mission scripts putting too much load on the user system/spawn/delete AI system could be difficult to interpret after a long time by all the ECP eventhandlers, with already present mission eventhandlers)

EDIT : an update of the template is on the way maybe tomorrow or the day after.

I fixed some problems thanks to the detailled report from IIOTOKO as i was able to reproduce them (and fixed some other problems that i noticed while fixing the reported ones, like the HQ radio that was not displaying anything for East version of template/example mission)

Well i use the default ECP config and I've yet to experience any problems. The ECP scripts seems to fire off as usual.

I solve the Voice thing with putting token men from each side somewhere on the map. Works nicelly smile_o.gif.

No crashes whatsoever btw.

marcus

FIXED VERSION 1.1 AVAILABLE

Please refer to the 1st post of this thread to get the updated version.

Both templates and example missions have been updated with the fixes

Quote[/b] ]***Fixed version 1.1

-fixed problems with missions following secret event

-fixed problems with failed missions blocking any other mission assignation

-fixed some potential problems with some missions enemy spawning

-fixed non appearing messages for east version of template and example mission

hey Sanctuary  smile_o.gif

i was finally able to test this one some more.

great concept and very well done !

thumbs-up.gif

while testing the conversion, i made a strange observation about the AT guy's re-instertation / replacement.

you mixed up a little bit the two scripts responsible for initial troop creation and their "respawn". watch at the troop-label assignment.

dynawar_troop1.jpg

dynawar_troop2.jpg

in addition i have a request about the dialogs. is it possible to deactivate them for some time, if you did triggered them.

as otherwise it can easily happen to press accidentally the acknowledgement button twice and there you go  tounge2.gif

like the -mission- dialog.

expect several conversions very soon  wink_o.gif

hey Sanctuary smile_o.gif

i was finally able to test this one some more.

great concept and very well done !

thumbs-up.gif

while testing the conversion, i made a strange observation about the AT guy's re-instertation / replacement.

you mixed up a little bit the two scripts responsible for initial troop creation and their "respawn". watch at the troop-label assignment.

dynawar_troop1.jpg

dynawar_troop2.jpg

Oops, thanks for the report.

I can imagine a case where it could lead into a problem, will fix it as soon as possible

Quote[/b] ]in addition i have a request about the dialogs. is it possible to deactivate them for some time, if you did triggered them.

as otherwise it can easily happen to press accidentally the acknowledgement button twice and there you go tounge2.gif

I will try to implement something , i have an idea to test on this.

So there will be a fixed 1.2 version soon.

Thanks again for these reports

FIXED VERSION 1.2 AVAILABLE

It should solve all the problems reported by Q , thanks to him.

Please refer to the 1st post of this thread to get the updated version 1.2 from several mirrors.

Both templates and example missions have been updated with the fixes from this version.

Quote[/b] ]***Fixed version 1.2

-added some disableUserInput true/false to get rid of potential problem when using the action at base , clicking quickly several time instead of one time

-fixed a potential problem with squadmate spawning and respawning.

-modified a bit helo down officer dialog

With some luck, it should be a final release,

Have fun.

Sanctuary, I thought I was losing my mind for a second, but I think something is missing from 1.2.

Quote[/b] ]Special functions

=================

RADIO FUNCTIONS

===============

Move out:

This option allows the player and his troops to move to any location on the map with a single map click. I implemented this to minimize long boring walks.

RTB:

Moves the player and his squad back to base. Once again, I implemented this to minimize long boring walks.

Call Support:

Uses Snypir's excellent support pack to call various forms of fire support. This is limited to a certain number of missions for each type per day.

that's from the readme. I don't have a radio in my mission. (tried ecp and non ecp file for west). I remember the radio and some support options being there in one of the earlier builds. Was this removed on purpose? an accident? or am I thinking of one of the other DMA releases. Please let me know.

I left the CoIN readme.txt (in which you found this features) inside because it is what started all.

But the informations of this readme are irrelevant for the template.

-The radio is not anymore called by the 0-0-... but is now used in the Action Menu (Contact HQ , mission , insertion...)

-RTB (it was a "teleport to base" in CoIN) is now the chopper extraction that is called by the ContactHQ when it is available

-Call support is now using the "special" support system , called with Contact HQ in normal mission.

What kind of support is available will depend on your "Value Level" earned in free missions.

(and there are no more Snypir scripts , the ones in place are self mades or modified version of some people scripts (for these ones, they are credited in the comments))

You can find the CoIN (Counter Insurgency) that started all here if you are curious.

Thanks Sanctuary, it must be the "bleed for oil" campaign I was thinking of that has radio calls.

Thanks Sanctuary, it must be the "bleed for oil" campaign I was thinking of that has radio calls.

Dynamic Afghanistan has the interactive radio on the map screen. Bleed for Oil is accessed through actions menu.

I'm doing my own conversion of your SP template, as far most of the things goes well, i was able to change units to Polish army/armor/air and convert map to Nogova. Standard missions work correctly but i have problem with free missions. After extraction and returning to base i report to SF officer. He says that mission is done and and i cant do anything else, im standing in front of him and cant move. Do you have an idea what may be wrong?

EDIT: I tested it with pure OFP 1.96 (no mods) and clean SP template. It happens every time I report to the free mission officer after return from battlefield. I'm stuck and can't do anything, only windows task manager helps.

EDIT2: I've found a reason. It's general problem with SP template. Somewhere in the scripts a "disableUserInput" command is activated. I put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">disableUserInput false right after <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titletext ["Nice job. Mission complete.", "PLAIN"] in freechoice.sqs and that solved the problem.

Sorry for not replying, i have just not noticed someone posted in this thread.

Thank you a lot su27 for noticing this problem.

After investigation, the East version of the templates had no problem, but i forgot to report the changes in the West version of the template.

Thanks to you i have now updated the west version and the missions that comes as a demonstrations.

So please anyone interested, download the fixed version 1.3 that is now available in the 1st post of this thread.

Is there any simple way to change terrorist units to resistance and make them hostile to the west?

In the West template the enemy is Resistance and already hostile to West .

So i don't understand your question ?

Is there any simple way to change terrorist units to resistance and make them hostile to the west?

Ok, let's forget it for a while smile_o.gif

Another question: I need more game logic objects but there is already 63 groups of them. Can I group some of existing GL's? For example put all rzones in one or two groups? Does it break the scripts?