sanctuary

DMA Dynamic War SP template

---------------------------------

FIXED VERSION 1.3 OF THE TEMPLATES

if you downloaded it before the 14 January 2005 , please re-download

Quote[/b] ]

***Fixed version 1.3

-added a disableuserinput false where it was needed in the West version of the template (east version had no problem)

Missions included in the archive updated accordingly

thanks to su27 for the report.

***Fixed version 1.2

-added some disableUserInput true/false to get rid of potential problem when using the action at base , clicking quickly several time instead of one time

-fixed a potential problem with squadmate spawning and respawning.

-modified a bit helo down officer dialog

Thanks to Q for the report

***Fixed version 1.1

-fixed problems with missions following secret event

-fixed problems with failed missions blocking any other mission assignation

-fixed some potential problems with some missions enemy spawning

-fixed non appearing messages for east version of template and example mission

thanks to IIOTOKO for the report

This template is a part of the DMA release day

Concept : A template for mission maker , based on the CoIN system introduced by TacRod months ago , then improved by the Dynamic Mission Alliance modteam since that.

this template is delivered functionnal and ready to be modified by user wanting to put units they want, replacing what they need, porting to other islands and modify the features to their liking.

As a bonus 2 simple missions example are provided along the templates , fully playable.

Downloads :

Mirrors :

http://files.filefront.com/SPDynaWarFix13rar/;4613704;;/fileinfo.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/11046796/SPDynaWarFix13.rar.html

http://www.easy-sharing.com/188784/SPDynaWarFix13.rar.html

http://s1.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/ffd0e3e76ed113c3/

The included missions can be played with the DMA bonus Army or Naval modpack without a problem (actually they has been developed with those mini bonus replacement packs).

They should be as playable with the Y2K3, FFUR and E:ECP too.

IMPORTANT

Do not use the OFP save game, use the save game feature avalaible in the base by asking the soldier offering save game action in the menu.

Do not time accelerate when your chopper leave the base , and when it arrives in the insertion zone.

Time acceleration and OFP builtin save game features are script breakers.

I request no feedback on this thread, but if you have questions , have difficulties to modify the templates or notice errors , feel free to post them here.

If you are looking for a multiplayer version of the system , i have near to 0 idea on how to make Mp compatible scripts, so please don't ask there.

But look for TacRod CoIn coop engine that is a template for MP mission makers.

We , DMA members (TacRod, Honchoblack, Sanctuary) would like to encourage people to release missions based on these systems (when released). The one thing we would request is that the mission maker makes some enhancements or add his personnal touch.

A simple port of units/island is not enough for a release.

We do not wish to discourage people from modifying our work, but we do ask that people respect the amount of time and effort that we have invested and do not release a simple port that would have only the island as different, as it can be done in 10mn by anyone.

Enjoy.

In this template,

-supports are only to be used in Normal Missions

-extra additional support are given according to the actual value level of the player.

-more value level can be gained by surviving enough in Free Missions

-you lose a value level each time you use one of the extra additional support

But feel free to modify this for your own :

look for the OpenRadio.sqs in the RadioDialog folder

remove every existence of the condition

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">&& !freewar

And all your extra additional support you won by getting more value level will be available in Free Missions

In free mission mode I get a hint saying that extraction is avaliable - however there is no option to call for it in the action or radio menus - everytime my value goes up i get the same hit, but with no effect confused_o.gif

I don't know what to say, as i just tested the DynaWarWest mission (all of them use the sames free mission scripts) to see if i made a last minute mistake , and as you can see in the screenshot it works for me.

iomimi9zw.jpg

Have you modified one of the script before playing ?

or have you accelerated the time at some point of the free mission ?

Or have you used the save game feature of OFP during the free mission instead of the save game feature available in the base ?

Time acceleration and the OFP save game feature are known to break scripts.

Once you have finished building everything, or selected the Stop building option that appears once you build the ammo crate, the Contact HQ will appear again.

I had that problem too - running DMA Libya with ECP (not knowing at the time it was ECP incompatible)

When you say Lybia + ECP , are you running normal ECP , or using the Army or Naval modpacks with their ECP config ?

It is difficult for me to solve a problem if i am not able to reproduce the same condition of it, as i don't have a problem myself.

I want to port the whole thing over to JungleEveron and would like to know what each gamelogic 'type' does.

I could just draw everything where i think it would work but i'd rather have some meaning to it.

For example: it's pretty clear what the 'hotspot' GLs represent, but i've no idea what exactly the zone GLs do.

(convoy GLs are the destination pos for the convoy missions, right ?)

Would be nice to have a small description of every GL. (or am i missing something ?) tounge2.gif

)rStrangelove @ Sep. 25 2005,10:49)]I want to port the whole thing over to JungleEveron and would like to know what each gamelogic 'type' does.

I could just draw everything where i think it would work but i'd rather have some meaning to it.

For example: it's pretty clear what the 'hotspot' GLs represent, but i've no idea what exactly the zone GLs do.

(convoy GLs are the destination pos for the convoy missions, right ?)

Would be nice to have a small description of every GL. (or am i missing something ?) tounge2.gif

the secretconvoy GL is used for a secret event that can happen during the normal mission, when it occurs, the current mission will be overrided and the player will have to help an under attack allied convoy.

So it is best to place this near a road.

And near the secretrotor (used by another secret event) , as in the case of the secret convoy mission, the secretrotor GL is used as the insertion point.

For all the GL , give a look in the specific mission .sqs files that are found in the mission folder (the mis_defend.sqs , the mis_blabla.sqs etc...)

These files are selecting randomly the location of their specific missions , and you can find in there the names of the GL used for those specific random locations

By example , if you look into mis_raid.sqs (used for raid missions)

You can see the random choice between locations using rzone_1 to rzone_15 .

And in the maps, you can see those rzone_xx GL .

After this, you will be able to find the meaning of each GL on map

Does the ECP version templatate work with the Unit Replacement configs for ECP?

Been having some troubles with the game stalling using these huh.gif

In free mission mode I get a hint saying that extraction is avaliable - however there is no option to call for it in the action or radio menus - everytime my value goes up i get the same hit, but with no effect confused_o.gif

i got that problem so i thought id buy everything then the Hq Option Appeared tounge2.gif

just like what was said

Does the ECP version templatate work with the Unit Replacement configs for ECP?

Been having some troubles with the game stalling using these huh.gif

The ECP compatible version do not popup all those ECP scripts errors because they conflict with mine (doesn't matter if it is ECP vanilla or ECP with any of the ECP config of the modpacks, the only differences are units/weapons models and sounds).

The stalling could indicate that despite the fix, it remains incompatible, that would be then really annoying as i don't see a solution for this.

Does it occurs in a specific mission ?

If i can't reproduce the condition of the crash, i can't fix it.

Does it occurs in a specific mission ?

It occurs on all 4 templates unfortunatly.

It seems odd, and I guess its something worng with my flashpoint. I'll experiment a bit, see if I can get it to work tounge2.gif

If it happens everytime (i have not played extensively with ECP, but will try to play longer with ECP to see what happen) , that would lead to the unfortunate conclusion that ECP scripts are not compatible with the mission scripts :/

Nothing i can do unfortunately as i guess the ECP eventhandlers are not appreciating the fact units are spawned deleted (and as that spawn/delete feature is what make the mission lag free while offering virtually infinite enemy troop to fight , i will never change it).

Damn, in this mission I not have script menu "Request Support" (Artillery,ground support etc.)first i must use "Request Evacuation", when I use this, appears me "Request Support" menu but then is too late to play with this sad_o.gif Some proposals

I don't really understand what you wrote.

Let me try to explain :

During a normal mission (or in free mission after you built everything or selected Stop building after building an ammo crate)

-You click on Contact HQ

-3/4 seconds later appear

CLOSE RADIO

-Request Status

and if you allowed to extract, you have

CLOSE RADIO

-Request Status

-Request Extraction

In a free mission you will never have more.

But, and only in Normal Missions (the ones given by the officer at base) , if you have won several Value Level in the Free Mission that is given to you by the blackops/spetsnaz at the base , you will have as soon as you are in a normal mission

-You click on Contact HQ

-3/4 seconds later appear

CLOSE RADIO

-Request Status

-Request .....

-Request .....

-Request .....

-Request .....

depending on how much Value Level you have (instead of the ..... there is a name of an extra support)

So what is your problem exactly ?

Ecuse my n00bicity, but could I be so bold as to request a "Make Your Own DMA Dynamic Mission For Dummies" document? inlove.gif

I have one question (great addon btw).

Are there any templates if you want to use other transport becides helicopters? IFV:s for instance?

marcus

It would also be interesting to know if someone manages to do a platoon based mission. After all that's how they would operate.

marcus

Quote[/b] ]Are there any templates if you want to use other transport becides helicopters? IFV:s for instance?

No, but the DMA templates can be easily modified for other transports. The chopper are just an example, but they proof to be quite usefull to cover the full spawn off an island, so they are the vehicle of choice. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It would also be interesting to know if someone manages to do a platoon based mission. After all that's how they would operate.

Tacrod whistle.gif

Thanks honchoblack.

I actually managed to make a mission using the Swedish patrolboat(SFP 4.0) instead of chopper. It was easier with a modified "mis_sad" mission since you have fixed points to use. I think that would be the best mission to use as a basis for other vehicle transportation. In the archipelago map it makes sense too.

In fact it worked quite well. Just have to ensure it ejects people close to the beach.

One idea i have for IFV:s. While unrealistic perhaps one could get the option when the mission objective is at a closer distance to the base.

Tacrod is working on a platoon template?

BM

Quote[/b] ]I actually managed to make a mission using the Swedish patrolboat(SFP 4.0) instead of chopper. It was easier with a modified "mis_sad" mission since you have fixed points to use. I think that would be the best mission to use as a basis for other vehicle transportation. In the archipelago map it makes sense too.

Or you could use the predefined missions that occur on the coast, but of course that would involve the working of the mission files (mis_*.sqs, found in the mission folder) to let the option appear whenever a mission on the beach is called.

To make more use of a vehicle insertion it would be possible to let the vehicles spawn half way (or even closer) to the objective, letting the player make the "interesting" last couple of miles appraoch, without the need of driving accross the whole island. This way the vehicle approach could be used on any assignment. smile_o.gif