Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

DMA CoIn Coop Engine

@Hawkins Da Fin

Quote[/b] ]Sanctuary once made a template format of the dynamic mission, which had a readme with all the gamelogics listed, along with their purpose. Any possibility we see this in the CCE readme too? I didn't find one there.

It's on the "to do" list.

Quote[/b] ]I saw some weather changing codes there. Is there a script which changes the weather or can I add my own?

The weather changes are a little complex. First, the next values (for fog, rain, etc) are determined in the SERVER\PREP_WEATHER.SQS file, which is called from MISSION\MISSION_CONTROL.SQS. The values are not applied at this time however. When the players rest, the server tells each client to run a script called CLIENT\CLIENT_WEATHERTIME.SQS (the server runs SERVER\WEATHERTIME.SQS, basically the same script). This script applies the values determined in SERVER\PREP_WEATHER.SQS before.

Clear as mud?

Quote[/b] ]What's that .OFD file which is in DOCS\dialogues ?

They are the dialogues used for support and helo control. These files can be opened with the fantastic tool "OFP Dialogue Maker" by razorwings18. You can get it at OFPEC.

@Shinbusan

Thanks very much. Being mentioned with such legendary makers is very high praise indeed. Thanks on behalf of the DMA team.

Such comments make all the work worthwhile biggrin_o.gif

I have mostly driven the vehicles myself cause i was in a hurry earlier but i can't get the parked a.i helo to do any good in the mission. It just sits there, even when i use the helo control dialogue window it doens't even seem to move, but on a good side the marker does appear on the map where i click tounge2.gif Do i have to do some keyboard commands or something and not only click the dialogue buttons to make the chopper pick me up or insert me?

i dunno, any chance i can combine this with keycats excellent group link script? biggrin_o.gif

And is it possible to switch so that the mission uses SFP units as west and east bad guys as resistance insurgents? By just changing unit type that is added in the scripts or is there something else i need to change in the scripts? or mission editor smile_o.gif

And is it possible to switch so that the mission uses SFP units as west and east bad guys as resistance insurgents? By just changing unit type that is added in the scripts or is there something else i need to change in the scripts? or mission editor smile_o.gif

To the best of my knowledge, not being tacrod or even a DMA member, this could be done in about 5 minutes. All you should need to change is the scripts contained in both the cce.Noe\spawn_enemy and the cce.Noe\spawn_friendly folders. Then load up cce in the editor and change the starting units to SFP4 pack... unless I've missed something.

edit: I've done this... imported CCE to Afghan_Everon and used HYK units, COMBAT! APCs, INQ M1, BAS MH60 and JJR Rebels (plugin provided thumbs-up.gif ). But I haven't tested it much to see if I broke anything.

Cap.

It's somewhat faster to edit the mission file directly with notepad. Since SFP is GUER you need to make adjustments to the whole enemy side.

I did a SP mission with SFP vs Russian.

marcus

C4P741N is exactly right. Simply edit the appropriate scripts. Check the DOCS folder for a quick guide on how and what to edit. Editing the mission file will only change units that exist on the map already (ie. placeholder units). All enemy units that you fight in the mission are spawned by SPAWN_ENEMIES.SQS.

Hi I'm new to this Dynamic campaign thing, so please

be gentle.  Where ,and if possible, can I get a co-op

campaign to play with friends using what I've been

reading about.  You're in a base and can get missions

and call for support.

I saw that there's this co-op mission tool for but was wondering if someone made one already (campaign).

Any help would be appreciated

thanks.

Or how can I add about 4 'playable' slots to the Afaganistan

Delta Force one?  huh.gif

Sorry I'm a complete noob at editing this game, can make simple

missions only.

Hi Devildog.

Though I call CCE an "engine", it is actually full playable in coop. I call it an engine because it is fairly easy to convert to other islands and units with little scripting knowledge. The basic version requires no addons, but the DMA Naval or Army pack is recommended to enhance gameplay. Give CCE a try, and if you need help converting to other units, just post here.

Ok thank you for the quick reply. Ill try and give it

a shot. I'm sure to post any more questions I have

don't worry notworthy.gif

DD

Ok I was able to copy and paste everything into Cat Afganistan. I was able to change the team into the BAS

Delta forces team.

Problem is thou when I change the insertion helo into the

MH-60K I hear some strange sound coming from it.

I also made the pilot and crew into the SOAR pilot/crew.

When I change it back to default it's fine. And it's fine when

it's 'empty'. Know what could be the issue there?

I was hoping to be able to use it like the one from Afgan

DMA made with the fast-rope... Or at least change the stock

blackhawk with that nice black one to go with the Deltas.

One more thing, how can I get crates with different weapons

to pick up like the Anti-Tank weapon and such that DMA

Delta featured?

Thanks In Advance.

DD

Quote[/b] ]Problem is thou when I change the insertion helo into the

MH-60K I hear some strange sound coming from it.

Could you be a bit more specific? What kind of noise? At what point? I haven't used this helo, but I can't think of anything in CCE that could be causing this.

Quote[/b] ]One more thing, how can I get crates with different weapons

to pick up like the Anti-Tank weapon and such that DMA

Delta featured?

Check the \WEAPONS_FRIENDLY\ folder for the scripts ARMOURY_CRATE.SQS and REARM.SQS. Armoury_crate refills a crate in the base after every mission. You can edit this script to add any weapons/ammo you want. Rearm is a bit more tricky. It detects the primary weapon held by each friendly and gives them a loadout based on this.

Let me know if you have any more trouble.

Ok I have a problem with the convoy protection

missions.. I never did one in SP campaign Afgan:Delta

so I don't know how it's supposed to work.

In this co-op one I get the mission but I don't see

where the convoy starts. I get my team into humvees

to drive next to it but I have no idea where they start

from.

2nd Problem is I put the hotspots in different cities.

Am I supposed to move any of the other blue flags

anywhere else too?

3rd Question, is how can I have the enemy have a vehicle

say a bmp from the stock game to help the resistance

fighters during the campaign? I'm new to scripting so

a sample of the text would help alot. And if it's really easy

maybe a technical too.

Thanks.

Hi !

First, I want to say that you (DMA) did a wonderful job with your last release. All addons, animations or missions are very professional and clean. So, thank you !

Then, let's come to the point. I'm trying to port CCE to DMA Lybia. Everything is going quite fine : I managed to change the units, the weapons, the vehicles, moved the GL and markers around to my own likings. Thanks to your clearly written scripts and docs.

What I want to find right now is the variable that keeps track of the number of ennemies killed. Where and how is it defined ? Is there a similar value for friendly and civilian losses ?

Thanks !

Quote[/b] ]In this co-op one I get the mission but I don't see where the convoy starts. I get my team into humvees to drive next to it but I have no idea where they start from.

For convoy missions, you must drive the convoy trucks (usually spawned just outside the base) to the game logic called "TOWN".

Quote[/b] ]2nd Problem is I put the hotspots in different cities. Am I supposed to move any of the other blue flags anywhere else too?

What do you mean by "other blue flags"? The most important things to place are hotspots and zones. Hotspots are areas of focus on the map (eg. towns, etc.), zones are wilderness areas. Some logics (eg. the SPx logics) don't care where you put them, as they are relocated by scripts.

Quote[/b] ]how can I have the enemy have a vehicle say a bmp from the stock game to help the resistance fighters during the campaign?

The easiest way is to spawn empty vehicles in the spawn_enemies script and move some squad members into the vehicles. Something like "if the enemy materiel is over 400, then createvehicle a tank and then spawn more insurgents, moveingunner and moveindriver". Sorry for the psuedocode, but that's the general idea. Let me know if you need more help.

Quote[/b] ]What I want to find right now is the variable that keeps track of the number of ennemies killed. Where and how is it defined ? Is there a similar value for friendly and civilian losses ?

Check the ENEMY\ENEMY.SQS script. It contains a counter of kills for the current mission only. Most of the civilian code is in CCE, but I disabled it for release due to performance and other issues. Friendly losses are not tallied, but every dead friendly lowers the commitment value, which can lose the game.

Let me know if you need more help.

Quote[/b] ]

The easiest way is to spawn empty vehicles in the spawn_enemies script and move some squad members into the vehicles. Something like "if the enemy materiel is over 400, then createvehicle a tank and then spawn more insurgents, moveingunner and moveindriver". Sorry for the psuedocode, but  that's the general idea. Let me know if you need more help.

I have no idea how to begin this lol. If you can post the text

and file needed to be modified that would be great notworthy.gif

I just want a pickup with a 50 cal on it working with the

resistance fighters. Don't even know what the class name

would be for the coding.

If anyone can give me the text to add to some file I'd really

appreciate it.

DD

Thanks Tacrod for commitment (:p)

As of now, I managed to adapt quite well the template to my own likings. I added some scripts of my own, butchered a bit through yours ( whistle.gif ) and completely reworked the radio menus (I don't like dialogs and boxes...).

But I keep on getting an error message when the mission starts, and it seems to be coming from "spawn_insertion.sqs" (found it after quoting and unquoting all scripts, one by one). The message says:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[|*| : Error, invalid number in expression"

I believe it comes from the createunit line, but I can't find a way to make it disappear. Otherwise, it works fine, even with this message...

PM me if ever you wish to see the changes I did to the mission.

Thanks !

well i just like to say thank you to you tacrod !

due the lack of time in the last few weeks we werent able to test your conversion well enough - we did have some issue due to the conversion, but we like to try to get them sorted on our own...

we will get back to you some time soon on this one. again good job thumbs-up.gif

The yousendit link to the DMA guerilla plugin has expired, could someone upload it somewhere else?

Tacrod

First I'd like to say a big thank you. The template is great and I've been working feverishliy on some stuff of my own.

I'm using the CCE engine as a basis for a Resistance/Merc type campaign.

So far I've added 1 new mission type and a kind of money system wich along with commitment determines the level of suport available. Also created east, west and res plugins so oponents and allies etc can be swapped about. I have 2 more mission types in the works.

I gave it its first LAN test the other night and ran into a couple of issues that I was curious to have your opinion on.

1. When resting the client computor crashed.

2. When the client asked for an intel report it got nothing, however it came up on the server screen.

3. Which ever mission is placed at the bottom of the list in the mission_control.sqs seems to come up constantly.

please excuse my typos

I gave it its first LAN test the other night and ran into a couple of issues that I was curious to have your opinion on.

2. When the client asked for an intel report it got nothing, however it came up on the server screen.

3. Which ever mission is placed at the bottom of the list in the mission_control.sqs seems to come up constantly.

Hi Pathetic_Beserker, glad you like the template. Here's my take on the issues:

1. I have seen this problem a few times, but have never been able to reliably reproduce it. Does it happen every time you rest? Is there a pattern to the behaviour?

2. I guess this is a problem with the CLIENT\DISPLAY_INTEL.SQS file. Perhaps try putting in a hint to see if the clients are getting the call but not displaying the info.

3. I have always been a bit suspicious about OFP's random number generation. I have often seen similar behaviour, the same mission over and over. One possibility is to add a last_mission variable that prevents MISSION_CONTROL from allocating the same mission twice in a row.

Let me know how you go with this. If the problems stick around, I'll take a closer look at the code.

I'm interested to see how your conversion turns out.

This is really cool, and I've converted everything over to tonal. When I play by myself it works very well, but crashes are extremely common in actual multiplayer and it's hazardous to put it on a dedicated server. Crashes the most common when things are purging or spawning in. I also get stutters, as if it's constantly spawning something all the time (theres probably something looping in the script that isn't a simple value check, but I can't find it.) The whole thing just seems too unstable to play, has anyone actually tried it on a server yet or had different experience with it?

I do have a few questions, though, since I'm learning the code for the first time via this mission.

1. What exactly is enemy_spawn_technicals.sqs? Obviously it has something to do with enemy spawning vehicles, but where does it come into play? How can I manipulate this code into something that works? I've edited the missions spawn points, added another group to spawn and made the vehicles spawn in their own group, but the most that they do is spawn in and never move. I'm crossing fingers for an easy answer.

2. Are there any ways to have a debugger running in OFP so I can see what scripts are being ran and when? This would help immensely.

Howdy Causticwindow911 smile_o.gif

I'm glad you're trying your hand at converting CCE. Thanks for the feedback.

I have had reports from other people about the crashing/disconnects during rest. My theory is that the huge amount of deletevehicle calls (several dozen within 2 to 4 seconds) causes a large amount of network traffic, which causes the disconnects/crashes. Can any advanced scripters confirm or deny the likelyhood of this?

I have passed on some tips to someone else who is making a conversion. If the tips I gave seem to work, I will release an updated version of CCE. In a nutshell, the ideas I have are to put a very large delay in the ENEMY\ENEMY.SQS script, right before the deletevehicle. Something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

~(random 60)

deletevehicle _t

exit

This will stagger the deletevehicles, which hopefully will reduce the chance of crashing.

Another idea I have is to delete only the named units (eg. crew, VIPs, etc) and to simply setdammage 1 and setpos units into the middle of the ocean instead of using deletevehicle. This may require a save and restart of the game every now and then though, as potentially hundreds of dead bodies could pile up and cause performance issues.

The technicals script was never implemented, but I thought I would leave it in in case people found it useful. Compare it to the SPAWN_ENEMY\SPAWN_ENEMY.SQS file for an idea of how to integrate it. One idea is to have a random chance for a technical to spawn in one of the enemy squads.

Unfortunately I do not have a playtesting group, so I can't properly try these changes myself. However, if people provide feedback, I will work closely with them to try to find a solution to these problems.

If anyone needs further help or has had success in avoiding these crashes, please post here or PM me.

Thanks smile_o.gif

we have to look into this more closely. yet i think its sth about addons.

as we played the 'normal' CCE a few times without problems huh.gif

Interesting...

At this point I'd really appreciate the input of anyone who has tried CCE. Did you use the basic version? Did it crash? Did you try 3rd party addons? Did it work okay?

The more feedback I have, the more chance of isolating the problem. Please let me know if you have tried CCE, successfully or otherwise.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Hi Pathetic_Beserker, glad you like the template. Here's my take on the issues:

1. I have seen this problem a few times, but have never been able to reliably reproduce it. Does it happen every time you rest? Is there a pattern to the behaviour?

2. I guess this is a problem with the CLIENT\DISPLAY_INTEL.SQS file. Perhaps try putting in a hint to see if the clients are getting the call but not displaying the info.

3. I have always been a bit suspicious about OFP's random number generation. I have often seen similar behaviour, the same mission over and over. One possibility is to add a last_mission variable that prevents MISSION_CONTROL from allocating the same mission twice in a row.

Let me know how you go with this. If the problems stick around,  I'll take a closer look at the code.

I'm interested to see how your conversion turns out.

For those that noticed I've changed this post, Its because I've ahad a bit more time to play about and have found that my previous observations were kind of wrong.

This is what I've just experienced with CCE defaut over LAN.

1. Client request for Intell worked when on previous tests it didn't.

2. Completed one mission and rested. Client computor didn't fade to black and give rest message,Client players watch was a few hours behind. All units deleted and respawned correctly and so I played out another mission.

3.Completed second mission. This time when resting the client computor faded out OK but as with previous tests wouldn't fade back. Taking a look around with the other player I noticed that the clients player was fully operational just that the screen was blacked out allowing me to control him via a litteral 3rd person perspective.

Seems to me all the problems mentioned are conected to the to the client_loop and/or the client_refresh.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I am going on vacation for 3 weeks from this Friday, so I won't be working on CCE until next year. I have some ideas for reducing network traffic and background scripts.

I'm not sure about the failure to fade back in, but your statement about client_loop/refresh sounds right. It would be nice to simplify that whole system.

I am also wondering if some of these bugs are to do with dedicated/non-dedicated servers. I tried to code CCE so that it would work on both, but perhaps I did not succeed.

At any rate, I will look at this next year.

Cheers smile_o.gif