Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

DMA CoIn Coop Engine

CCE Public Beta v0.41 released

DIY Dynamic MP Campaigns

The Dynamic Mission Alliance is proud to announce the public beta release of the DMA CoIn Coop Engine (CCE) public beta.

Anyone who was played Dynamic Afghanistan or CoIn should be familiar with the main gameplay concepts. However, CCE has been designed from the ground up with coop MP play in mind.

It is now possible for mission makers to produce their own dynamic cooperative missions with a minimum of scripting.

CCE works in both MP and SP, but the focus is on coop. The basic goal of CCE is to engage in a series of missions with enemy insurgents. Killing them decreases their popularity, morale and equipment. If their morale and material reaches zero, then you win. However, losing friendlies, failing missions (or, when implemented, killing civilians) reduces the "commitment" of your superiors. If commitment reaches zero, you lose.

Features:

- Easily adapted to any unit or island

- MP coop play

- MP saving and loading

- Now features DAC support

- Requires little scripting knowledge to make your own coop campaigns

- Basic version requires no addons (only Resistance 1.96)

- 5 mission types

- Includes an editor's guide to get you started on your own coop campaign

It is strongly recommended that you play with the DMA Army or Naval pack to enhance gameplay. Both packs are ECP compatible.

> Download the latest CCE beta here <

DMA has spent a great deal of time and effort on our projects. We hope you enjoy our work.

More DMA projects are available HERE.

PLEASE NOTE: CCE is not designed to be played in the editor. Open it in the editor and then save it as an MP mission. Playing a hosted game will reduce lag and enable respawn. This should be done even if playing offline. - (Thanks Commando84)

DAC thread

Modifications of CCE:

Malick's conversion

MP Resistance Coop by Pathetic Beserker

What can I say... At last! This will be a keeper for sure. Tacrod, you're the man! smile_o.gif

Whooparse! Thankyou tacrod and the DMA team. *almost tempted to use the dancing banana smilie*

Cap.

Amazing work.

Anyone going to make a coop Dynamic mission for FDF? If not, I will try.

It might be a bit early to ask this, but I'd be interested to hear people's opinion on how easy (or difficult) it is to work with CCE. Are the editor's guide useful? If need be, I will start a CCE thread in the mission editing forum to support people.

Hey guys, just played a few missions with the standard version and those ARMY units - nice work i have to say. (played dyn afghan before so i know the dyn concept)

Some things i noticed:

- mission text delay for S&D mission is too short, i couldn't read all the messages. (nothing too important as S&D missions are pretty simple)

- i dunno exactly how it all happened, but on a convoy mission the hotspot was quite near the base on nogova. we stopped our trucks about 500m from our base and were attacked by rebels near the street. my fps went down from 40 to < 10, the misson was unplayable. maybe other base units were recognizing the fight, too and were calculating how to get there (or get around the base area). it was too much on the cpu, that's for sure.

i think it might be better not to have hotspots right next to the base ( > 1km).

- i was trying out some chopper commands when the mission totally got stuck (2 frames per minute or so)

crazy_o.gif

i think i clicked 2 times on 'move helo' but without clicking on the map, and then (maybe) another time on 'support' and ... ok i screwed it up. had to get back to desktop and quit opf.

maybe the command menu should be locked while the script waits for a mapclick ? that, and a delay added: if you don't click the map for lets say 10 seconds, the command is cancelled and the command menu is available again. could help to get rid of 'wrong' clicks in the heat of the action.  smile_o.gif

However, i think this concept is the best and most stable one i ever witnessed in an opf mission. Dynamic missions are the future, no doubts there.

Can't wait what the community can archieve by enhancing this concept in ArmA or OpF II.  smile_o.gif

I'm glad you're enjoying CCE. smile_o.gif I was beginning to think noone had tried it.

Quote[/b] ]- mission text delay for S&D mission is too short, i couldn't read all the messages. (nothing too important as S&D missions are pretty simple)

This can be easily edited in "CLIENT\DISPLAY_BRIEFING.SQS" under the "#sad" heading.

Quote[/b] ]- i dunno exactly how it all happened, but on a convoy mission the hotspot was quite near the base on nogova. we stopped our trucks about 500m from our base and were attacked by rebels near the street. my fps went down from 40 to < 10, the misson was unplayable. maybe other base units were recognizing the fight, too and were calculating how to get there (or get around the base area). it was too much on the cpu, that's for sure.

How many rebels were there? More than one squad? The squads are supposed to be scattered, but it is possible for them to spawn at the same point. Alternatively, you may be right about friendly units coming to help. You could try placing the CONVOY_x gamelogics further away to prevent this. The final goal is the TOWN logic, put that at the final destination.

Quote[/b] ]i think i clicked 2 times on 'move helo' but without clicking on the map, and then (maybe) another time on 'support' and ... ok i screwed it up. had to get back to desktop and quit opf.

maybe the command menu should be locked while the script waits for a mapclick ? that, and a delay added: if you don't click the map for lets say 10 seconds, the command is cancelled and the command menu is available again. could help to get rid of 'wrong' clicks in the heat of the action.

Bit troubling this one. I'll have a look at locking the menus.

Thanks for the bug reports. It may sound like a bit of a cop-out telling you to fix the first two bugs yourself, but I really want people to poke around inside CCE and change it to suit themselves.

To be honest, when I was developing CCE 95% of my time was spent on the technical side, only 5% on the gameplay side. Default CCE is playable, but it is really screaming for conversions (hence the term "CoIn Coop Engine"). Look in the DOCS folder to see how to convert OPFOR, friendly units, support etc.

I'm really hoping over the next few weeks to see some conversions of CCE.

Oh Nice that you have made further improvements and stuff smile_o.gif and i just got to give ya one of these for the editor docs yay.gif . I thought the HOW TO USE THE PLUGINS stuff was good , and i wonder why you haven't made a plugin that has enemy forces as the DMA Euro Guerillas? Well i'll take a look at one of your pluggin files and see if i can make my own pluggin with them biggrin_o.gif

thx for the plug!  biggrin_o.gif Also i wonder why there is remove weapon sebsks? I don't think its part of the nam weapon pack it is in the enemy weapon scripts, but nothing bad would happen if its there? Or should i change it to lets say JAM_E762_SKSHDmag? For some good news! Im working on a conversion with your excellent DMA euro guerillas as opfor and laser us rangers as players, also thinking about adding the Semper fidelis mod hmww's and LAV apc's for convoy use and spawning in base for use yay.gif Also thinking about adding the bas blackhawk for exraction , insertion stuff. Jam 3 weapons for all pistols.gif thought about changing the insurgents technical script to replace the west jeepmg to some other vehicle like the bas rus opfor uaz with pk or dshk mg but i haven't figured out the settings for the mission yet banghead.gif i started with checking scripts and stuff first for a change and then going to check my @Islands folder for some sweet unexplored grounds.. smile_o.gif

this is a great release.

however i answer the how hard/easy is it to use question.

IMO it is pretty damn tricky for me. a step-by-step guide or how-to would be good. perhaps a topic on this forum where people can ask for help advice/ swap idea.

admitadly i am a newb. but the amazing potential of this release really makes me want to learn more.

i tried to port this (and SP dynamicstraight to tonal island) with limited success. so would appreciate slightly more detailed knowledge on things like:

adding unit types.

changing weapons (i want all weapons JAM compatible).

choosing between 'cut-scene to everyone in chopper' or actually having to board chopper.

option of having limited and persitent assets . so its worth protecting the chopper etc.

understanding zones, hotspots,convoys, etc

its a great mod this and one thats up there with all the big ones. just need a little more info.

however i answer the how hard/easy is it to use question.

IMO it is pretty damn tricky for me. a step-by-step guide or how-to would be good.

Have you read the (admittedly short) editors guide in the DOCS folder?

Quote[/b] ]perhaps a topic on this forum where people can ask for help advice/ swap idea.

Unless the mods think I should open another thread in Mission Editing, I will answer any questions in this thread. Ask away smile_o.gif

I will write up a short guide over the next day or so about what the different mission gamelogics do and the best way to place them. Off the top of my head, it's something like:

- Hotspots: Used for raids, very low scatter (up to 200m). Best placed at specific points like towns, bases etc.

- Zones: Used for S&D, S&R, very high scatter (up to about 1km). Best placed in wilderness areas (be careful of water)

- Convoy/Town: Convoy missions only. Place the convoy_x logics along the desired convoy route, place the town logic at the destination.

The logics in the base are mostly for friendly spawning. The SPx logics are the enemy spawn points and are manipulated by mission scripts (ie. setpos is used to place them in relation to zones, hotspots etc.

thanks for the reply. lol, yes i read the editors guide in the DOC.

alright then. here's a Q.

1st) could you give a mini tut on adding a new soldier type to the enemy. say a spetnaz saboteur? Carrying a JAM compatible ak-101 rifle (from hoyts pack) and a satchel charge.

2nd) How can I integrate him into an existing mission? Nothing fancy. Just have him spawning with the other enemy.

other Q's will follow. I really like this pack and am keen to understand more.

and placing the GAMELOGICS is a wonderful guide to do.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

there are files called scripts and they controll stuff   tounge2.gif

If you edit the scripts you control the game ....   wow_o.gif

Nah but on a serious note, you control the units that get spawned and stuff like what weapons they get and what weapons you can get from the arm and ammo crates. Check around the scripts folder open up files with notepad and read through the scripts, Most of them are very nicely commented i thought that at least  biggrin_o.gif  Im in school atm so i can't give you the names of the scripts to edit but don't be afraid to  read through  wink_o.gif This mission is all about knowing how to edit 'em scripts  smile_o.gif

Yeah btw tacrod, you should tell people to not test in the Mission editor tounge2.gif i experienced extreme lag that i last time experienced at the end of a 3 hour cti game tounge2.gif

But when i removed one addon and then tried testing in the Mp mode it did only slow down at start, then everything worked fine with no lag yay.gif

lost two times then i had to sleep, but i'll do some more testing tonight and find new island tounge2.gif

Hiho it's me again.

I ported the whole thing over to JungleEveron (runs great with today's hardware) and got stuck in what i'd call a 'Defend base mission' loop.

Several defend missions were successfully ended (got the 'RTB' message) and i rested and all of that. Everytime when i asked for the next mission another 'defend base' command came up. I was going mad. tounge2.gif

Dunno if it has to do with my porting abilities (ahem) or if it's a bug.

In any case, it would be cool if someone could add code to 'forbid' to get the same scenario than the last one. Just a thought. smile_o.gif

Some other questions:

How do i get more men ? I'm a lousy leader and usually end up hunting alone. biggrin_o.gif

Will this engine be enhanced or is it up to the community to bring in new scripts ?

Will this be ported to ArmA / the-game-II ?

Where is this Guerilla MGunner (Armypack) model from ? He looks absolutely fabulous! With tigerstripe added, he would look like a seal in nam.

First I just want to say thanks for all the hard work done on the DMA CoIn Coop Engine. This is a great mission to play when just wanting to get in some coop, but not wanting to play a mission that is the same everytime. Having the missions be random, definately adds a lot of fun to the game.

I have only noticed on thing you may want to chage. When I was playing a Defend the Base mission the commander that issues missions was killed. So even after resting, I could go over to his corpse and get another mission. It might be better to just use the PC's, the same as I would for resting, or put a script in that makes sure that after a rest, the commander issuing orders is alive again.

I hope to this coming weekend get a chance at editing. I put crCTI 0.84 on Libya, and I am loving that island. Hopefully I can add the CCE on it, as well.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Quote[/b] ]Everytime when i asked for the next mission another 'defend base' command came up. I was going mad. tounge2.gif

In any case, it would be cool if someone could add code to 'forbid' to get the same scenario than the last one. Just a thought. smile_o.gif

That sounds strange, since it has been that way since the original COIN, that missions wont be repeated, to offer more variety(I tried to skip it with the patrol missions on the DA missions, but reverted it back). So normaly in dynamic mission you will find this feature, dont know if tacrod changed it for the defend base on purpose or if its a small scripting bug.

Quote[/b] ]I put crCTI 0.84 on Libya, and I am loving that island. Hopefully I can add the CCE on it, as well.

Sounds great, looking foward to a CTI on Libya, and a CCE conversion to Libya would be very nice too smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1st) could you give a mini tut on adding a new soldier type to the enemy. say a spetnaz saboteur? Carrying a JAM compatible ak-101 rifle (from hoyts pack) and a satchel charge.

First thing first, I recommend Chris' OFP script editor for editing the scripts. You can also grab it at OFPEC.

The main enemy spawn file is SPAWN_ENEMY\SPAWN_ENEMIES.SQS. Open this file and go down until you see something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#e1

"SOLDIERGMG" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e2

"SOLDIERGMG" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e3

"SOLDIERGAT" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e4

"SOLDIERGG" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e5

"HUNTER" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e6

"SOLDIERGSNIPER" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e7

"SOLDIERGMEDIC" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

The bit in talking marks before CREATEUNIT is the name of the unit you want to insert. This should be in the readme text of the addon you wish to use. In this case it is the default Resistance units, eg. SOLDIERGMEDIC, SOLDIERGMG, etc. For GMER units it will be "jjr_r_rebelSoldier" etc. Change this to the name of the unit you want. For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#e1

"NEW_TROOP1" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e2

"NEW_TROOP2" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

#e3

"NEW_TROOP3" createunit [_sp,_tg,"[this] exec {enemy\enemy.sqs}",_es]

goto "lp"

However, every unit has randomised weapons. It's default weapons will be deleted and new ones added by the file WEAPONS_ENEMY\WEAPONS.SQS. Here things get a bit more complicated. Depending on the enemy materiel level, there are 3 tables. In the basic version, these tables start with AK47s and RPGs, but go up to Druganovs and SAMs. Let's say you want to change the default AK.

Scroll down until you see the following text:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#ak

_t addmagazine "AK47"

_t addweapon "AK47"

_t addmagazine "AK47"

_t addmagazine "AK47"

_t addmagazine "AK47"

~0.2

_t addmagazine "handgrenade"

_t addmagazine "handgrenade"

goto "end"

In the line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t addweapon "AK47"

you only need to change the bit in the talking marks (ie. AK47). For example, to change it to JAM, the line would read:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t addweapon "JAM_AK74"

Next, the same thing for the magazines. Change the entry:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t addmagazine "AK47"

to whatever magazine the new weapon takes, in this case:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t addmagazine "JAM_E545_30HDMAG"

Is this clear?

Okay, time to answer a few questions smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Several defend missions were successfully ended (got the 'RTB' message) and i rested and all of that. Everytime when i asked for the next mission another 'defend base' command came up. I was going mad. tounge2.gif

Right, this is easy to fix, it will be done in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]How do i get more men ? I'm a lousy leader and usually end up hunting alone. biggrin_o.gif

The mission should not be played in the editor, or even as an SP mission. Even if playing single player, it should be played as an MP mission. This will allow all units in the player squad to respawn. So just open it in the editor, save as MP and you'll be right.

Quote[/b] ]Will this engine be enhanced or is it up to the community to bring in new scripts ?

Will this be ported to ArmA / the-game-II ?

Where is this Guerilla MGunner (Armypack) model from ? He looks absolutely fabulous! With tigerstripe added, he would look like a seal in nam.

Hopefully the engine will be enhanced by both DMA and the community. I would hope that everyone who releases a conversion will add their own touches to the mission (eg. new mission types, random events, etc).

I intend to port this to ArmA and (if necessary) Game 2. The awesome Guerillas in the Army pack are by williec.

@ Commando84: Thanks for the warning, I'll add that to the documentation.

Quote[/b] ]I have only noticed on thing you may want to chage. When I was playing a Defend the Base mission the commander that issues missions was killed. So even after resting, I could go over to his corpse and get another mission. It might be better to just use the PC's, the same as I would for resting, or put a script in that makes sure that after a rest, the commander issuing orders is alive again.

Should be easy to fix. I'll just add a "co setdamage 0" to the mission info script so he can be revived at any time.

By the way everyone, rekster was a great help to me ages ago when I was first working on CCE (when it was called CoIn 2), so I'd like to publicly thank him. Thanks rekster!

smile_o.gif

i don't know how to make 'em new mission types but i just have a random idea and that could be gather intelligence..

sort of like just going to meet a civilian agent that will give us some info, but that can be made more advanced by maybe some terrorists show up after you have talked to the agent and maybe a random chance that the agent turns on you and suddenly takes up a weapon or something wow_o.gifpistols.gif

another idea i got is boat raid, where you could fly in your squad or just fly around in a blackhawk mg or other favourite troop transport chopper and attack some boats , ships , carriers whatever the player wants smile_o.gif im thinking mapfact smuggler oil tanker with rebels on and me and the squads fly in to clear it yay.gif

naval attack , could be a sort of small beach landing scenario

river / sea patrol? maybe get the troops to a mark 2 bpr or something and drive from station A to station B or from mainland to island and take out enemy boats or something like that.

That some of the missions could probably be sorted under S&D but the thing is you are supposed to use a certain vehicle to help accomplish the objective wink_o.gif

harbor raid maybe? Like get to a harbor and check some suspicious containers, crates , boxes, warehouses whatever smile_o.gif

still working on my conversion mission but island hunting will take some time, cause i don't want to go to high res, laggy , many addons but i still want custom objects and troops tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Is this clear?

thank you.

especially for clearing up how to give the weapons. i had been puzzled over that to no end.

really appreciate you taking time.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

srry to be so annoying tounge2.gif but any chance you will implement any of my ideas? Would be very useful for other scenarios then "defaulty" ground fighting enviroments tounge2.gif

i would like to try scripting in some of my ideas but im really busy with school right now, learning stuff like 3ds max and combustion.. my brain is starting too overheat crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

srry to be so annoying tounge2.gif but any chance you will implement any of my ideas?

Well, the beauty of CCE is that you can implement your own ideas wink_o.gif

I will probably not change CCE much from here on in, just the occasional bugfix etc. Remember, CCE is primarily a tool for the community to build upon.

Anyway, my attention is needed for other projects smile_o.gif

OK finally had the time to try this out. At first, let me say that this is a good base from which many missions can be built from, even campaigns I dare say! smile_o.gif

Few questions:

Sanctuary once made a template format of the dynamic mission, which had a readme with all the gamelogics listed, along with their purpose. Any possibility we see this in the CCE readme too? I didn't find one there. wow_o.gif

I saw some weather changing codes there. Is there a script which changes the weather or can I add my own? smile_o.gif

What's that .OFD file which is in DOCS\dialogues ?

That's all for now. I'll be back if I find anything... biggrin_o.gif

Lately I had no connection and because I was boring, I started to edit Dynamic Afganistan 1.2 for my own purpose (LSR Rangers, CBT and BAS Vehicles, C130 addon and so on). And now you published that wonderfull things like CCE, and new SP template. THANK YOU, guys. I think your job is one of the biggest contributions among BAS, JAM, LSR, RHS, CBT, Kegetys, MAPFACT and so on the very best makers. What more, we had a lot of good addons in past, and they made OFP live for so much years, but now, after 4 years of waiting you gave us great tools for making incredible missions - uncomparable to BIS ones and I think even if there would be no ArmA soon, your job would make OFP scene alive for next few years.

What more, I think COOPs are the best part of OFP and you make it even better, more dynamic, unrepeatable (potentially) and fun. I hope COOPs will be more popular among OFP players from this moment.

THANK YOU, VERY MUCH.

P.S. I really belive, that what most talented OFP makers gave us lately is just incredible and taken all together gives us OFP 1.5 or even more.