Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA Release Day

What I'd like to see from this. Is some kind of open repository for modular script type thingies that you could add with a small to intermediate amount of effort into a DM mission template.

It might be a good way of increasing the replay value of the missions.

What I'd like to see from this. Is some kind of open repository for modular script type thingies that you could add with a small to intermediate amount of effort into a DM mission template.

It might be a good way of increasing the replay value of the missions.

This is a great idea! CCE was developed with "plugin" scripts in mind. If people send me the CCE weapon/OPFOR/vehicle plugins, I will host them. Full credits will be given in the script and the readme. Also, if people port CCE to a new island (ie. place the logics etc) without changing the core scripts, I will host those mission files.

An idea for addon makers, ship your new units with CCE plugin files so that people can start playing missions with them right away.

So, please PM me if you would like to share your plugins.

Thanks smile_o.gif

DMA SP mission templates (and included example missions) now updated to version 1.1

If you downloaded the previous versions, please consider re-downloading them to benefit of the following fixes.

Quote[/b] ]***Fixed version 1.1

-fixed problems with missions following secret event

-fixed problems with failed missions blocking any other mission assignation

-fixed some potential problems with some missions enemy spawning

-fixed non appearing messages for east version of template and example mission

Refer to this thread (can be found in the 1st post of this DMA Release Day thread too or in my signature)

My first post at these forums.  Had to become a member just to thank the guys at DMA.  Love the dynamic Afghan missions.  

Just wondering, it would be great to recover our fallen brothers in battle.  The mission where you have to rescue the downed pilots is good.  Half way there, I get the message to return because they've been killed.  I proceed anyways to recover their bodies.  Would be nice to have them in body bags and extract them out or medevac them out.  Just an idea.  I love the sounds of the impacting arty (with ECP).  Is it possible to hear the incoming rounds before they it?  Kinda like "Band of Brothers" scene where the naval guns fire over their heads? Another idea there.  Again,  DMA thank you!   notworthy.gif

GD Mast

My first post at these forums.  Had to become a member just to thank the guys at DMA.  Love the dynamic Afghan missions.  

Just wondering, it would be great to recover our fallen brothers in battle.  The mission where you have to rescue the downed pilots is good.  Half way there, I get the message to return because they've been killed.  I proceed anyways to recover their bodies.  Would be nice to have them in body bags and extract them out or medevac them out.  Just an idea.  I love the sounds of the impacting arty (with ECP).  Is it possible to hear the incoming rounds before they it?  Kinda like "Band of Brothers" scene where the naval guns fire over their heads? Another idea there.  Again,  DMA thank you!   notworthy.gif

GD Mast

Ha, I know what you mean. I lost my radio man while scouting a hostile village in A-stan from an overlooking hilltop while the rest of the team waited in Humvees. I felt bad driving away from his dead body all alone on that hill, so I decided to bury him in the field (-->Hide Body). tounge2.gif

Well. I've finally had some time tonight to sit down and have a nice game of Dynamic War SP.

Some of the best singleplay experiences I've ever had in OFP have been had this evening.

The battles. Especially in free mission. I can't begin. I wouldn't know where to start.

I ported very quickly over to Kodiak island, and I charted my first sortie, a nighttime insertion onto a hill in a large clearing on the northwestern part of the island. Me and my men held out and set up camp. The ability to make fortifications and supply crates was just a wicked idea. I didn't even know about that. It saved my skin more than a few times.

The battle went quickly from a routine skirmish to outright chaos in short order. I could really appreciate the disorder of battle as things were happening all around. It was hard to determine friend from foe. Shells flying overhead, vehicles knocked over from explosive rounds, all whilst attempting to plug the holes in my defences from advancing threats from afar and near ensured it didn't get boring. The extraction from the hill was probably one of the most intense I've ever had in OFP. I made it back with three guys. You start to appreciate your AI squadmates when you know you have to pay a significant cost to have them replaced.

What's more. A battle unfolded around me, not for me. Normally when I play OFP I feel like everything's happening for my benefit. This time I was nothing more than a pawn in a much larger conflict. I was no longer the focal point.

Earning assets and support from taking free missions is an excellent idea. I'd like to see other creative gameplay innovations with plug in script type additions. It certainly has potential, and I think with community support. It could only get better.

This isnt working for me sad_o.gif when i try to start it crashes to desktop...

Please help do i need some addons for this or what do i have to do? Help please!

IMO these are already quite "pluggable". I've already done some variations for myself like transport by land and other stuff.

DMA is great and makes waiting for ArmA easier.

Btw. A question to those who know both ECP and DMA. In ECP you can enable AI info sharing. Is there a "risc" that assets from the base can react to what happens in the battlefield?

I mean that when I tested it I had one tank react to a battle quite far away which was cool in itself but maybe it can screw up the DMA base settings.

marcus

What -exactly- is not working for you ?

which addons ?

which missions ?

When i try to start OFP it crashes... It dont even go to main menu it crashes befoure i get to Menu

Without precision about what you exactly have downloaded from the DMA releases , we can't help.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, we really appreciate.

Quote[/b] ]Btw. A question to those who know both ECP and DMA. In ECP you can enable AI info sharing. Is there a "risc" that assets from the base can react to what happens in the battlefield?

I mean that when I tested it I had one tank react to a battle quite far away which was cool in itself but maybe it can screw up the DMA base settings.

It is possible, but the units are spawned and deleted when not used anymore, so i guess the info sharing feature of ECP should not really break DMA gameplay.

But certainly it will make some newly spawned units aware of their enemy location sooner.

So it should make the game a bit more difficult too.

Without precision about what you exactly have downloaded from the DMA releases , we can't help.

I downloaded only Naval pack and Army pack. Do i have to download all of them?

When you download the DMA Army or Naval modpack , use winrar to open them.

You will notice a folder named

@DMApackARMY for the army version

@DMApackNAVAL for the naval version

For the example, you want to install the army pack.

1st be sure to have OFP : Resistance patched for the patch 1.96

Now, take the @DMApackARMY from the rar archive you downloaded and put it inside your OFP install directory

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

So after doing that you will have

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@DMApackARMY

Then create a copy of your OFP shortcut.

Right click on it and select Properties

you will see at the Target line the following (the ... can change according to where you have installed OFP)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe"

Now add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

So it would look like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

Save the changes and launch OFP with that shortcut

If you experience crashes again, add -nomap to that shortcut, so it would look like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

If you experience crashes again it can be because you have your default Addons or Res\AddOns folder with too much conflicting addons : you should manage them by mod folders.

Follow this and you should have no problem.

Aha. Ok that sounds good. I think there's a range setting too for the sharing.

And yes. The free missions became much harder with this, and much cooler too if I may so smile_o.gif.

I can't praise this effort enough it seems smile_o.gif.

marcus

@DMApackARMY  for the army version

Now, take the @DMApackARMY from the rar archive you downloaded and put it inside your OFP install directory

you will see at the Target line the following (the ... can change according to where you have installed OFP)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe"

Now add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

If you experience crashes again, add -nomap to that shortcut, so it would look like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

If you experience crashes again it can be because you have your default Addons or Res\AddOns folder with too much conflicting addons : you should manage them by mod folders.

Because this is not entirely clear on the first page, should probably also note that the DMA Army Pack comes with Resistance troops replaced with the new DMA Euro Guerrillas, while the DMA Naval Pack does not. If you want the Naval Pack and the new Guerrillas, you will need to download the Guerrillas separately. At least I think this is correct. Like I said, it's not entirely clear on the first page. smile_o.gif

@DMApackARMY for the army version

Thank you for help! Everything is working now i just used -nomap -nosplash -mod=@DMApackARMY

Because this is not entirely clear on the first page, should probably also note that the DMA Army Pack comes with Resistance troops replaced with the new DMA Euro Guerrillas, while the DMA Naval Pack does not. If you want the Naval Pack and the new Guerrillas, you will need to download the Guerrillas separately. At least I think this is correct. Like I said, it's not entirely clear on the first page. smile_o.gif

An error we made, as we haven't thought about it while we were preparing the release day : we should have renamed the euro guerilla .pbo and repathed the model textures to match such new name.

It is very unfortunate that the euro guerilla .pbo has the same name as one of the .pbo that can be found in the DMA Army or Naval modpacks.

It will make no problem if someone overwrite the res_troop.pbo of the Army modpack by the one of the euro guerilla (as everything is the same, minus the config.cpp inside).

But overwriting the res_troop.pbo of the Naval modpack will cause a lot of problem.

Honchoblack, if you can add this warning to the 1st post of this thread, it would help.

If an update is done to the euro guerilla, i will make sure the pbo name will be different.

Sanctuary,

I've been playing around some more with the AI machinegun issue mentioned earlier, and the problem seems to be not so much with the config, but with the particular weapons. For example, the DMA replacement "west machine gunner" SAW and some others exhibit this behavior were the AI fires continuously at high ROF over the heads of targets at range, while the SAW carried by Safety Catch's new Marines and the SAW and M-240 in SJB's weapons pack work fine with the AI and the default DMA Army config.

Is there something about the particular choice for the SAW that could be causing these problems? Could one of SJB's very nice SAWs be used instead?

I have to say after playing "bleed for oil" it is now my favourite mission i have ever played for flashpoint.Thank you for some awesome work.

ive noticed that when i fail a mission, the base commander tells you to get out of his sight and when the 'there is new missions available" comes up i can't seem to select a new mission..

and in the search and destroy missions the merlin seems to paradrop my unit smack in the middle of the insurgents leading to lots of dead para's.. At the moment im wishing for an option to "court martial merlin pilot"

A further thing ive seen well heard really is in the free missions sometimes the enemy spawns in the ocean guess moving this a bit further inland would solve this problem.

As for improvements i agree with what was said earlier about random respawning enemies around the map as currently you are completely safe travelling around the map until you get close to mission area and would add to the uncertainty of fighting insurgents.

id also suggest more patrol missions, from reports in iraq they patrol 2-3 times a day and maybe some no combat and no insurgents are found to make things more unpredicatible.

Possibly include IED's as they are very popular with insurents..

great mission smile_o.gif

nikki

ve noticed that when i fail a mission, the base commander tells you to get out of his sight and when the 'there is new missions available" comes up i can't seem to select a new mission.

This bug has been corrected some days ago in the template (that's why i released a version 1.1 of the template)

Honchoblack is working to adapt the bug fixes from the template to his Bleed for Oil, just wait a bit as he is currently busy in real life too.

I've been playing around some more with the AI machinegun issue mentioned earlier, and the problem seems to be not so much with the config, but with the particular weapons. For example, the DMA replacement "west machine gunner" SAW and some others exhibit this behavior were the AI fires continuously at high ROF over the heads of targets at range, while the SAW carried by Safety Catch's new Marines and the SAW and M-240 in SJB's weapons pack work fine with the AI and the default DMA Army config.

Is there something about the particular choice for the SAW that could be causing these problems? Could one of SJB's very nice SAWs be used instead?

Unless in the model is wrongly done (and it is not the case for Earl model) , all those problems you report can be decided by a combination of

-recoil

-weapon wavering

-dispersion

For the DMA modpacks , by default there is more wavering than default BIS setting , the recoil is more pronounced than BI

s default setting (the recoil is following the FDF system and values)

But there is the exact smae dispersion values than BIS stock weapons

For the USMC pack you are refering to, the weapons used are SJB packs so in that case for the SJB machineguns :

the wavering is BIS default one

the dispersion for SJB M249 SAW is dispersion=0.0034;

the dispersion for SJB M249 SAW Para is dispersion=0.004000

the dispersion for SJB M240G is dispersion=0.0034;

and their AI dispersion coef is aiDispersionCoefX=5;

To compare, here are the dispersion values from BIS M60/PK (and so for the DMA modpacks M249/PK/RPK) :

-dispersion=0.0007;

-aiDispersionCoefX=5;

So you can already see there is more dispersion from SJB machineguns than for BIS (and so DMA) values.

This is making the weapons less precise , so you are not sure to hit where you are aiming with SJB weapons.

But while it sounds less realistic , SJB choice is actually helping those case you observed where the AI was unable to hit at long distance , as with more dispersion , the bullet will not hit where the AI really aim and so can hit someone under where the AI is aiming.

While BIS (and so DMA) AI bullets can sometime go over the prone target head at long range, or hit you with precision at the same long range.

So if you want the same dispersion, just find this in the config you want to modifiy

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class MachineGun7_6:MGun

and change the lines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dispersion=0.0007;

maxLeadSpeed=300;

aiDispersionCoefX=5;

into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dispersion=0.0034;

maxLeadSpeed=300;

aiDispersionCoefX=5;

For the recoil part : you have this

DMA default values for the M249/PK/RPK based on the FDF system and values

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mgunBurst3[]={0.05,"0.02*0.4","0.05*0.4",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

SJB weapons values for M249 and M240

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> SJB_TOS_M249_Recoil[]={0.05,0.02,0.04,0.05,0,0};

SJB_TOS_M240_Recoil[]={0.015,0.015,0.015, 0.015,0.025,0.02, 0.015,0.15,0.01, 0.015,0,0};

BIS values for M60/PK

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mgunBurst3[]={0.03,0.02,"0.04*1.35",0.03,0.01,"0.01*0.5",0.03,0.03,"0.04*1.35",0.03,0.02,"0.02*0.5",0.01,0,0};

So if you want the same recoil used for SJB weapon for your DMA config , just change the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mgunBurst3[]=whatever values you currently have there

into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mgunBurst3[]={0.05,0.02,0.04,0.05,0,0};

and you will have the M249/PK/RPK having the exact same recoil as SJB M249 SAW

You have the key now feel free to use it to modify your config according to your liking wink_o.gif

Okay, this is very much the problem I am observing. For the AI, the realistic recoil and low dispersion leads to very unrealistic behavior (they continuously hose a small patch of ground above and beyond their target because there is no "cone of fire" that would be produced by a weapon firing on full automatic and not fully stabilized by a heavy mount), but for the player it works more realistically (firing long bursts will produce a large cone of fire as the player compensates for recoil, or more likely the player will simply fire short bursts).

Another thing I've noticed is that unlike the BIS/SJB MGs, the DMA AI MGs do not appear to lower their ROF at longer ranges (which is not realistic, but seems to help the AI without affecting the player).

So what I'm really interested in is if there is a way to correct for the AI while maintaining the DMA weapon handling for the player (which is my preference also).

Also what does the value for "aiDispersionCoefX" affect and why is the format of the values for the various recoil lines so different (different number of entries, different syntax)?

Version 1.2 of the DMA SP templates and example mission available

Refer to the 1st post of this thread to get them

---------

Quote[/b] ]Another thing I've noticed is that unlike the BIS/SJB MGs, the DMA AI MGs do not appear to lower their ROF at longer ranges (which is not realistic, but seems to help the AI without affecting the player).

No rate of fire and range have been modified , they are BIS default values.

I suspect the improved AI sensitivity and sensitivityEar values in the DMA configs, that are making the AI more aware of the surrounding (can identify enemy better actually and from longer distance, like the human player is capable) is responsible of this change of MG engagement behaviour.

In the editor, try to play with the skill value of the AI machinegunner , as lower skill and higher skill for AI are making a difference in how it engage with burst/full auto and at what distance.

Quote[/b] ]So what I'm really interested in is if there is a way to correct for the AI while maintaining the DMA weapon handling for the player (which is my preference also).

Also what does the value for "aiDispersionCoefX" affect and why is the format of the values for the various recoil lines so different (different number of entries, different syntax)?

I never really experimented with the aiDispersionCoefX , aiDispersionCoefY values, but with some luck it could do exactly what you want : giving a normal dispersion for the player and giving a different dispersion for the AI.

For BIS default, the M60 and PK (and so the DMA M249/PKM/RPK) are inheriting from the values :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aiDispersionCoefX=5;

aiDispersionCoefY=1.0;

So try to modify those values, by example double them, and add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aiDispersionCoefX=10;

aiDispersionCoefY=2;

inside of the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class PK:MachineGun7_6Manual

By example, you can see , in the DMA army modpack , the class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

model="\WST_Weapons\WST_M249.p3d";

modelOptics="\WST_Weapons\WST_optic_m249.p3d";

reloadMagazineSound[]={"\WST_Weapons\Sounds\M249reload.wss",0.010316,1};

sound[]={"\WST_Weapons\Sounds\M249Fire.wss","db7",1};

soundContinuous=0;

displayName="M249";

displayNameMagazine="M249Mag";

shortNameMagazine="M249Mag";

};

If you add the ai dispersion coef inside, you should have something like this :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

soundContinuous=0;

displayName="M249";

aiDispersionCoefX=10;

aiDispersionCoefY=2;

};

Then test a bit ingame to see if it affect your shots with the M249 , and if it affects the AI.

If the answer are No it doesn't affect the player , and Yes it affects the AI, this should be the solution to the problem.

And after that, all will be needed to do is tweaking those values to find which ones are not affecting too much the AI but help his aiming at distance.

For the recoil, here is an excellent tutorial/explanation by Tactician of what all those numbers are doing, it helps to understand everyone how to build a recoil

I'm working with the ECP-compliant config. I assume this is the relevant section to work with:

Quote[/b] ] };

class MachineGun7_6 : MGun

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

valueWeapon=2;

valueMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6";

count=500;

reloadTime=0.100000;

MG7_6_SOUNDS

initSpeed=1000;

flash="gunfire";

flashSize=0.900000;

dispersion=0.002000;

maxLeadSpeed=300;

aiDispersionCoefX=8.000000;

aiDispersionCoefY=3.000000;

ffMagnitude=0.500000;

ffFrequency=11;

ffCount=6;

recoil="mgunBurst3";

aiRateOfFire=0.500000;

aiRateOfFireDistance=1000;

autoFire=1;

optics=1;

uiPicture="ismg";

};

class MachineGun7_6Manual : MachineGun7_6

{

dispersion=0.000700;

aiDispersionCoefX=6.50000;

aiDispersionCoefY=2.00000;

scopeWeapon=0;

scopeMagazine=0;

weaponType="1   +    16";

count=100;

magazineType="2 *       256";

canLock=0;

reloadAction=ManActReloadMagazine;

autoReload=0;

reloadMagazineSound[]={"weapons\m16load",0.000316,1};

optics=1;

opticsFlare=0;

opticsZoomMin=0.350000;

opticsZoomMax=0.350000;

};

class M60 : MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

//DMA Change

displayName="M249";

soundContinuous=0;

};

class PK : MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6E";

//DMA Change

model="\EST_Weapons\EST_PKM.p3d";

soundContinuous=0;

reloadMagazineSound[]={"\EST_Weapons\Sounds\rpk74reload.wss",0.010316,1};

sound[]={"\EST_Weapons\Sounds\PKFire.wss","db0",1};

displayName="RPK74M";

displayNameMagazine="RPK74M Mag";

shortNameMagazine="RPK74M Mag";

};

What is the relationship between "class MachineGun7_6Manual : MachineGun7_6" and "class M60 : MachineGun7_6Manual" or "class PK : MachineGun7_6Manual". I see that the first already has:

Quote[/b] ]

aiDispersionCoefX=6.50000;

I have not looked at the ECP config for my previous posts, but you hit something there.

I have not modified the class MachineGun7_6Manual : MachineGun7_6 and the class MachineGun7_6 : MGun

The values you are looking there, have been modified by the ECP team, these 2 aiDispersionCoef (both X and Y ) are not BIS values.

In BIS values (and non-ECP DMA config), as i said , with the inheritances , is making the M60/M249 and PK/PKM/RPK to use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aiDispersionCoefX=5;

aiDispersionCoefY=1.0;

But, with the inheritance that have been modified by ECP developers, the M60/M249 and PK/PKM/RPK are currently using in the DMA/ECP config :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">aiDispersionCoefX=6.50000;

This make me wonder, as ECP made those 2 values higher for the machinegun than it is with BIS/DMA non-ECP : have you experienced the problem of AI aming "too high" for long range distance in the DMA non-ECP configs ?