Sign in to follow this  
kuro

Clean Sweep Speedrun

What do you do when you are stressed and depressed after work ?

Well, i use to drink a beer and do some rounds of Clean Sweep. So this evening i wondered how good i am. Therefore i decided to do the first OFP Speedrun.

Rules:

a) The mission is the orignal, unedited Clean Sweep Mission (without aiming cross and target tags)

b) The time starts with the first screen of the island (after pressing the continue or retry button)

c) The time end when the radio messages states "We got them all... "

d) Prove your time with some Frame grapping tool like Fraps

The time to beat is 1 Minute 51 Sec.

(Yes, i know i am not fast (i was drunken), if you could do it better,...

My proof: (ca. 4 MB)

http://www.modify-the-game.com/OFP/Kuro_CleanSweep_1min51sec.wmv

I followed all your rules for the speedrun, but i couldnt run FRAPs because it was too laggy when recording confused_o.gif

so weather you believe me or not it is your own opinion smile_o.gif

it took me just 2 attempts but i managed a time of 1min: 14secs.34

the only bit of proof that i have it the way i recorded the time. i timed the start at the point you said when you start the mission (when you see the island).

and when nearing at the point of when the town was cleared, i could hear the faded music coming into play,

thats when i got the stopwatch ready in my hand and when the quote come up for "we got them all" thats when i pressed it to stop the time.

the picture below shows the stopwatch reading:

Recorded Time

the funny thing was that it was probably pure luck i got the time i did, because at one point, i saw about 5 russians lined up 1 behind eachother etc... so i nailed them and it was mission completed just after that biggrin_o.gif

Congratulations,

i agree the issue with Fraps. huh.gif I solved it by playing on a low resolution and recording on in Half screen size.

Greetings

Kuro

Sorry your Ofpec.com thread got locked. You should have made it sound like you were researching how to make a fast but enjoyable mission and you needed help from other people somehow. I don't know.

Anyway, I did it in about 5 mins but was too embarrassed to post. confused_o.gif