Sign in to follow this  
Chriz

whatever happened to the starship troopers mod?

confused_o.gif

watever happened to the starship troopers mod they had a nice demo and loads of pretty screens but ther website has dissapeared hope the team is working in secret or has it been cancelled

wink_o.gif

(any starship troopers mod team member plz reply)

Starship trooper mission maker here:

The leader of GW2 is involved with many mods / private projects, and he was practically the only one working on addons.

The beta 3 was almost ready, but just contains so many bugs it's not fun to play with ( mental note: talk to manticore for that big flying bug), No offence to Hornet, but one man simply cannot finnish such a big project, and I suggest he departs it.

When Arma comes out, with better animation possibilities, maybe the project gets pickdd up again, but atm it's undoable.

And as the addons available to me are so disorganised I cannot make much decent missions with it.. actually nothing, cause the damn bugs wont attack me anymore.

I hope this was of help,

SSTmod scenario writer.

The Mod was promising they had a new board but can't find the link...just a couple of the bugs and suddenly it'tll look ' good for missions.. (I can still get bugs to attack though..)

Wow. Man its been a while since me and Vagabond were just working like crazy on that mod, then things came up and it suddenly stopped. Then hornet took over, I hope all of our hard work doesn't go to waste hornet... whistle.gif

nopp it whont we got a new member to now that will make the medic MI (thats the only MI model missing) i have started on the new moritas so the show will g on

my new bugs are getting dusty on my hd..

wildo shoudlve done anims for them some time ago..

i guess i release teh hopper and the arachind without any new anims then

my new bugs are getting dusty on my hd..

wildo shoudlve done anims for them some time ago..

i guess i release teh hopper and the arachind without any new anims then

Ah but you know wildo, he says he will make you anims and then 2 months later your still asking him for em... mad_o.gif

The problem (as with many other teams) is that people commit themselves to too many mods and addonteams at once. It may seem nice to offer someone help, but at some point you just need to draw the line. Choose what project is worth helping, what team has a future and which not, which project's subject interests you most etc.

Working on 4 projects all at 25% doesn't give the community anything, where as concentrating on one project at a time yields a completed mod/addonpack (of course theoretically speaking) whistle.gif

you rang? biggrin_o.gif hehe, anims for the bugs havnt been done as urm....the pcs decrepid and has no mouse as i havnt reataced it yet, so if i hadnt reformatted since jen gave me the bugs ill retrieve them off there smile_o.gif, kyle as for you wink_o.gif, gimme the bloody model again and ill do it on a spare day crazy_o.gif

Wildo