Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Internet Tracking

I often follow my network cable, too bad I havnt really find out much.

This is as far as I can follow it.

trace.jpg

If we all help out maybe we can find the location of this internet..think there is a big reward if we find it.

*stops quest on holy grail*..

Are you with me or not!

Don't know whether this is something you are looking for: DNS Stuff

Some informative results can be generated there, e.g. Whois  http://www.flashpoint1985.com

Quote[/b] ]   Organization:

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO s.r.o.

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5,  15000

CZ

Phone: + 420 2 57189522

Email: ****@bistudio.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: FLASHPOINT1985.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Apr 26, 2000

Expires on..............: Wed, Apr 26, 2006

Record last updated on..: Tue, Apr 20, 2004

Administrative Contact:

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5,  15000

CZ

Technical Contact:

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5,  15000

CZ

Zone Contact:

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5,  15000

CZ

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.ADT.CZ                                         195.146.113.33    

MRAZIK.ADT.CZ                                     195.146.100.122  

Interesting are also:

Quote[/b] ] Domain Name: bistudio.com

Created on..............: Fri, Feb 25, 2000

Expires on..............: Fri, Feb 25, 2011

Record last updated on..: Thu, Sep 08, 2005

and

Quote[/b] ] Domain Name: FLASHPOINT2.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Oct 16, 2002

Expires on..............: Tue, Oct 16, 2007

Record last updated on..: Wed, Mar 10, 2004

If you're looking for specific persons, there's always their last name and the white pages tounge2.gif

But here's a little article I saw on another forum about IP Tracing:

IP Trace

That'll give you their ISP server's location (tracert command will give the ISP's website adress, which can be used to contact them), which, if for some important reason you need their name/address (I.e getting a evil-hackers address to press legal charges) is the second best way

Other possible answer to your vauge question : Ask them where they live? tounge2.gif

Other than that, your question is confusing..

- Ben

Edit : Also things like www.friendsreunited.com if your talking about finding someone you knew ages ago on the internet..

Or for knowing where people are on the internet, things like MSN, or IRC..?

*Gives up guessing* tounge2.gif

Very funny.

I'm training to become a private investigator. Part of the job is being able to find information about people on the internet. Public records can only teel you so much.

I have to show my tutor what methods I've learned. So far I just have public records and various bits of useless information from University websites. Stuff like "Mr Bloggs please come in by so and so date to clear your locker."

I was hoping since we are all into military kind of stuff there might be clues I can get from the community. Like Sam Fisher stuff or something.

Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place.

A nice little gimmick can be found here: Danasoft custom sig

But note that just the viewer sees his personal information, not the one posting the signature:

Quote[/b] ]The signature image is generated in real-time for each user that views it. Your IP address and other information are only visible to YOU, not to others, but because people see their own IP address and computer information displayed in the graphic, they think that their information can be seen by everyone!

vipersig.jpg

maybe, im sure theres lots of websites out there with lots infomation on how to 'spy' on people and advise on how to get infomation on them. confused_o.gif if in doubt, google it!

Very funny.

I'm training to become a private investigator. Part of the job is being able to find information about people on the internet. Public records can only teel you so much.

I have to show my tutor what methods I've learned. So far I just have public records and various bits of useless information from University websites. Stuff like "Mr Bloggs please come in by so and so date to clear your locker."

I was hoping since we are all into military kind of stuff there might be clues I can get from the community. Like Sam Fisher stuff or something.

Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place.

Google is quite good for that. IMO you have search the name with combination of information you know about the person.

For example: I tried to search "the architect" with "flashpoint" (you're posting on Flashpoint board so I expect you play it). I found probably yours post here.

From that I discovered that your name or nick is Bob (preferably nick, because you have your real name in these forum profile set as Chris), and that you're connected to Net with ADSL, your OS and so on. I then searched again for "bob" and "the architect" and "flashpoint" and I found out your homepage (you should inculde it in your profile here IMO tounge2.gif), where I found your location in forum profile.

So I know your birthdate, some names (Chris, Bob), location (Norwich in England) and some other minor info. I could probably dig some more things if I wasn't lazy. BTW: Is there any chance that your lastname begins with "W" ?

I admit it is silly amateurish stuff I did (never tried something like that before), but from the start position that is that I know your nick and that you play Flashpoint (and that I'm drunk as hell) it is not so bad. Everyone leaves traces on the internet. Google is IMO good start. The problem is you'll find mostly internet related info.

If you ask for "Sam Fisher stuff" then can't help you. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: LOL EiZei, you got me biggrin_o.gif

Dude, very well done. Most of that is spot on. Creepy.

I'll be able to do all that soon. Watch yourself. wink_o.gif

There are organizations that you can use as a registered pay service that provide you with several various official records on persons. You must have a license for some though. Others are actually available to anyone. They are pretty expensive, but again just as creepy or even more creepy than google.

There is one I remember that was even a nice little prog that you installed and would connect to a database giving you all available info (public records) in one key press. We're talking any legal info, credit info, etc...

I know this because my mother was a paralegal and introduced me to some stuff like it...

Most PIs use stuff like that.

Example: http://www.einvestigator.com/

Above all you first have to do social engineering and profiling. Identify your target. Figure out who they are, and what they do. Build a background file, then use that to focus your search. If you do that, the interesting bits come much quicker and in more detail.

another one was when a guy was away from SFP forum and chat for a few days, some guy started digging ( only knewing nickname) and soon had his number and could call him, turned out his computer was broken and he was probaly a little confused.. =)