Sign in to follow this  
engen

SFP4 - MekBat video

well, SCWC has taken over the Strv 103C and well, maybe after ArmA is released we can fix it, but that depends a lot of how the new engine works...

in OFP it is currently not possible, atleast not without a shitload of hardcore scripting.

and sadley enough, SCWC dont have anyone with scripting knowledge in the team.

and, as a answer to granQ´s question, i would like to see the aerial vehicles (planes/choppers/UAV´s) and maybe combined with the rest of the ground vehicles.

then you can present the boats and stuff in a AMFBat/Navy vid smile_o.gif

Is that a....BIS BMP model?

EDIT: Great video btw! The armour looks top notch and that's why I'm curious about the BMP.

Is that a....BIS BMP model?

EDIT: Great video btw! The armour looks top notch and that's why I'm curious about the BMP.

yeah, and fdf mode rescaled it (since it was much bigger then irl), we used that model and added rearlights, new textures and some other fixes. (All our armor uses the suspension script made by DKM..)

Whats the poin? You wont anyway release anything! Your showing now 3 years only screenshots! mad_o.gif

correction: two years... nener.gif

Whats the poin? You wont anyway release anything! Your showing now 3 years only screenshots! mad_o.gif

because we will release, still early to say exactly when, but expect a release date to be decided in 1-3 weeks from now.

I would love to see some jaeger action!

Kustjägare

Fallskärmsjägare

Norrlandsjägare

Whatever different kinds there are...

I think that would make for some really cool action tounge2.gif

I love you SFP, and you know it thumbs-up.gif

First off; Sorry for not replying sooner, but i'll try and answer your questions now. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Damm cool vid, how do you get the cartriges to rotate out of the ...the .. the light tank/IFV. whistle.gif

STGN

Magic! Hehe, can't exactly answer that question as i'm not one of the codejunkies.

Quote[/b] ]only thing im missing are better engine sounds, any chance they will be changed ?

Offtime

To be honest I didn't hear much of the engine sounds in the video? I can assure you they sound very good with the version I have. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One question - what about addon pack configuration? Is it BIS compatible, would you use JAM3?

Przezdzieblo

Good question! As SFP is an addon and not a mod, we've tried to make it compatible with a multitude of mods, ECP, WGL, etc etc. We'll look into the possibility of adding JAM3 to the pack.

Quote[/b] ]What about including some nice tracer effect script for the 120mm maingun? Or do Strv 122 not use tracer ammunition? Also reloadtime of the maingun seems very long (more than 10 seconds), maybe you can cut that down to the half.

King Homer

Yes, that would be a very neat effect. Now if we'd just be able to contact INQ for use of their wonderful tracer effect. Reloadtime is not above 10 secs, I believe it's similar/same as the INQ M1A2 SEP.

Quote[/b] ]i don't know exsactly, but swedian leos should be upgraded with new Leopard-2A6 smoothbore gun...

will there be recently used version and upgraded?

Gedis

Afaik, there are no plans of upgrading the L44 to the L55 sized cannon. Personally however i'm hoping for the old "Strv 2000" design to be continued working on. (140mm cannon, 40mm bofors, 40mm Mk19, 7.62mm MG)  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will it also have a working backdoor?

Manhunter09

Negative. The 9030/35 models have a door that folds down afaik, the 9040 has a door that swings to the side, not much use for an openable one then imho.

Quote[/b] ]Whats the poin? You wont anyway release anything! Your showing now 3 years only screenshots!  

nx_illusion

Thing is, we've worked on and off this project. Basically working whenever we feel like it, the persons in the team (the core consists of 3-4 persons) also have social lifes to take care of, school, work, military service and so on.

And given the time since we started, several projects have been remade several times, just so they'd be up-to-date and still look good. The team started out knowing nothing about modding, and we've kept on getting better and better at doing things. Learning by doing.

Lastly... After SFP3 we sort of went haywire with the amount of new units and projects to made for SFP4. We almost took water over our heads. But trust me.. It's close. Closer than you'd think.

There. Now if I missed anyone's question, thy may slap me. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Damm cool vid, how do you get the cartriges to rotate out of the ...the .. the light tank/IFV. whistle.gif

STGN

Magic! Hehe, can't exactly answer that question as i'm not one of the codejunkies.

i can answer that, drop command.

I really liked the video, nice choice for the sountrack. thumbs-up.gif

From the map overview I guess you'll go for a realistic campaign, this is always welcome.

Sorry if it's been asked already, but I can't seem to find an answer in this thread nor in your website.

What air vehicles will be in the future release of this mod? I can see one Anti tank helicopter, and what looks like some transport chopper.

Got any screens and/or information on them?

Your mod looks awesome. I can't wait for a release.

Sorry if it's been asked already, but I can't seem to find an answer in this thread nor in your website.

What air vehicles will be in the future release of this mod? I can see one Anti tank helicopter, and what looks like some transport chopper.

Got any screens and/or information on them?

Your mod looks awesome. I can't wait for a release.

a few... will post some information about them later, maybe do a movie like this but with air vehicles only and then short presentation with screens and names.

Quote[/b] ]What about including some nice tracer effect script for the 120mm maingun? Or do Strv 122 not use tracer ammunition? Also reloadtime of the maingun seems very long (more than 10 seconds), maybe you can cut that down to the half.

King Homer

Yes, that would be a very neat effect. Now if we'd just be able to contact INQ for use of their wonderful tracer effect. Reloadtime is not above 10 secs, I believe it's similar/same as the INQ M1A2 SEP.

No need for asking Inquisitor, you already got the permission to use it! But you'Re sure the Strv 122 is using tracer ammunition? I talked to Hornet85 and he told me the swedish Leo's use their own ammunition without tracers?!

i wher wrong sorry abut that Homer (its a special exerice round we used sheper and no traisers) banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will it also have a working backdoor?

Manhunter09

Negative. The 9030/35 models have a door that folds down afaik, the 9040 has a door that swings to the side, not much use for an openable one then imho.

Ohh didnt know that, learned something...

No I agree if its a sideways opening door!

this will be a really nice addon! looking forward thumbs-up.gif

Just watched the video and all I can say is WOW wow_o.gif

Those units look absolutely amazing!! Also I see some really neat effects. Looking forward to this one for sure thumbs-up.gif

Was hoping giving you another video, but it didnt get cool enough so here is a short presentation of some of the ground vehicles (not armor) that will be in SFP4.

Tgb 11

The most common vehicle in the swedish armed forces, equivalant to the german Wolf or the old american Jeep 151.

Transports 6 soldiers + driver. Its a very good offroad vehicle but its safety when it comes to enemy fire and trafic safety is very low. Picture showing the TGB 1112 that is a Tgb11 but with 2 seats removed to fit a table with radio equipment.

tgb1112.jpg

Tgb 1111

Recon version of the TGB 11, used to be fitted with a 90mm recoilles AT cannon, nowdays more commonly armed with a RB56 BILL ATGM.

In SFP 4.0 we will only have one armed with a MK 19 (grenadelauncher) and the KSP 58 (FN Mag/M240).

tgb1111.jpg

Tgb 13

A 6x6 version of the TGB 11, almost as common as the TGB 11, also available in many different versions (more versions then the TGB 11), carries 6 troops + driver and more cargo then the TGB 11. This one shoing the "correct" painting but most TGB 11/TGB 13 is just plain olive green with out a camo pattern.

tgb13.jpg

Tgb 1314

Medic (ambulance) version of the TGB 13, has room for 2 stretchers and is used to transport wounded to field hospitals.

tgb1314.jpg

Tgb 20

Troop transport version of the TGB 13, has room for 17 soldiers + driver. can be armed with KSP 58. Biggest diffrence with this one compared to Ural/5t truck is that instead of getting out in the rear, soldiers jumps out from the side. In ofp this doesnt matter. Picture @ Soldf.com

This feature isnt made in SFP4, but thought it could be cool to know.

tgb20.jpg

Tgb 40

The standard 6x6 all terrain truck of the swedish armed forces, used for just about everything, from pulling a howitzer, carrying a command hut or just hauling ammo or fuel. In SFP4 they are used for support vehicles (ammo and fuel).

tgb40fuel.jpg

Husqvarna 258

Used by "runners" to deliver messages and sometimes as taxi and other dutys. During my conscript time they were probaly the only soldiers in Sweden that was armed with plastic toy weapons. (Explantions i heard was safety, crash into a tree with 4 kg iron on your back isnt good.)..

husqvarna.jpg

and tonight (GMT) we will release the marine video, for all you that been waiting to see some strb90.

Quote[/b] ](Explantions i heard was safety, crash into a tree with 4 kg iron on your back isnt good

ye that and bekus the runners always is by them self its alot easyer to steal a AK from a runner on a MC then from a place wher ther is 2 or more soldiers

strange, our runners had AK5´s and no plastic toys.....

do you know if it´s only P4 that used plastic toys?

Back in the mid 90's our runners didn't carry any weapons either, for mainly two reasons, both of them peacetime regulation issues.

1. So they could not be robbed of their weapon, due to some weapons being stolen at other regiments, since runners work mostly alone and regulation stated we should never be less then 2 persons when carrying arms outside the barracks.

2. Safety if they crashed (just like granQ said) The Ak4 we had was not considered a good spine implant with its 5.3 kg loaded .

This was at Älvsborgs Regemente (I15)

Hi!

Thanks for the good response on my MekBat-video, feels good to know that my effort in making the video was well worth it!

smile_o.gif

swede a.k.a simon

Yet another short video, this time showcasing the Amphibious Battalions.

AmfBat (31mb, 02:47min)

Made by Simon.

Enjoy, and don't forget to watch the end.  whistle.gif