Sign in to follow this  
engen

SFP4 - MekBat video

We've decided to release a video demonstrating the Swedish Army's mechanized battalions - The MekBat.

MekBat (46mb, 05:33 min)

Video made by Simon, soundtrack by Manowar.

Also, SFP4 is in it's absolute final stages. thumbs-up.gif

SFP Forums

Damm cool vid, how do you get the cartriges to rotate out of the ...the .. the light tank/IFV. whistle.gif

STGN

awesome notworthy.gifwow_o.gif

FDF, now SFP, what other Baltic mods we will have?

mabe someday there will be united Baltic defence mp smile_o.gif)

just amazing what you have done! greetings!!!!

and i'm waiting for this one long time... wink_o.gif

Please can you post some pics/screen caps for us poor 56kers!!

Not from the movie but let me present armor vehicles in SFP4.0

First off, how the Swedish army names its vehicles.

Its: Type of vehicle number

the number comes from diffrent reasons,and have no real logic but higher number is in often a sign for more modern.

Also, sweden use the words "vagn" for more tracked vehicles, and "fordon" for cars, trucks and "lighter", both means vehicle, but vagn could probaly be translated to "carrier".

Pbv = Pansarbandvagn = ArmortrackedVehicle, basicly APC. (like M113, MTLB)

Patgb = PansarTerrängbil = ArmorTerrainCar, like the LAV, Stryker, Btr80

Strf = Stridsfordon = Combatvehicle, basicly IFV. (like m2a2,bmp3)

Lvkv = Luftvärnskanonvagn = AirdefenseCannonVehicle, like the vulcan, shilka.

Ikv= Infanterikanonvagn = infantryCannonVehicle = Light support tank for infantry.

Strv = Stridsvagn = CombatVehicle, but in this meaning MBT, (like M1a1, T80)

Ikv91

Light tank armed with a 90mm cannon and used before to support soldiers on assault, with helping out destorying enemy machineguns and other hardtarget. The ikv91 is very mobile and can swim but its armor is weak and even during its days (No longer used in swedish army) it didnt have a chance against a tank.

ikv91.jpg

Pbv302A

Has served with the swedish armored/mechanized units since the late sixties. Are being fased out by different versions of the CV90-family. The Pbv302A is an APC armed with a 20mm automatic cannon, and can carry 8 combatequipped soldiers except the crew.

pbv302.jpg

Ambulance version:

SjvTpPbv.jpg

Pbv 501/Pbv 401

This two vehicles arent new for the ofp community. Both Pbv 501 (Bmp-1) and Pbv401 (Mtlb) was bought cheap from Germany sometime in the 90's.

The BMP-1 got its autoloader removed and doesnt have the antitank missile on its roof. Today its no longer used, just one or two that is used to keep the skills among the officers how to train and use it.

Mtlb on the other hand is a real workhorse in the Swedish armor, not on any frontline duties but in the rear as diffrent support roles (communications, commandvehicles, repair, and to carry diffrent weapon systems like Bofors RBS 70).

eastarmor.jpg

Patgb203/180

The patgb180 was implemented by the Swedish armed forces during the late eighties to be used as wheeled APC:s, primarily on the international arena in e.g. the Balkans. The Patgb203 was ordered in the late nineties to replace the ageing 180. The patgb203 is equipped with the same automatic cannon as the Pbv302A, and the Patgb180 is armed with a mounted 0.5 cal HMG, covered with armored plates. The 203 can carry 7 troops.

patgb.jpg

Strf90 family

The Cv90 family is a family of vehicles, covering many roles on the battlefield. SFP has made some of all versions.

Strf90, or CV90 is the ground vehicle. A ifv armed with a 40 mm cannon (Same model as bofors 40 mm guns used during WWII), it has 3 versions.

Adam = Alpha, is the first, wont be made.

Bertil = Bravo, better systems (computer, optics) for the ability to fire on the move.

Ceasar = Charlie, 5 tons extra weight, mostly for the extra armor. This version is primary made for peacekeeping missions.

Strf90 Bertil

strf90.jpg

Strf90 Ceasar

strf9040c.jpg

Strf904056

Armed with "robot 56", anti-tank missile, this is currently a prototype, the cost to buy them wasnt worth it our goverment said, but OFP is a game so we dont have to worry about such stuff. =)

strf904056.jpg

Lvkv 90

Another version that will be made is the Lvkv 90, even with its low rate of fire and singel barrel, the smart 40 mm round is very deadly, the system is designed to explode near the chopper/plane and small fragments will then go thru the plane and kill the pilot.

This system means, even in ofp, that you dont need a direct hit to destory a enemy chopper, in theory you could even kill a chopper behind a visual cover by firing above it.

lvkv90.jpg

Stri90

Stri90 is were you find the commanding officer for the brigade and other officers.

The cannon is just a fake one so it should look like a normal strf90, the machingun looks abit diffrent even if its the same (diffrent placement). The turrent itself is diffrent.

It has more antennas then the normal strf90 and no sight on its faked cannon. Its only armed with a machinegun.

A execellent "MHQ" in CTI games.. ?

stri90.jpg

Strv 122

A German leo but with extra armor and communications equipment.

The name, Stridsvagn 122 refers to its a 120 mm gun and its the second tank in Sweden that used that, Strv 121, that was first tank to use 120 mm, won't be made and isnt really used today anyway.

strv122.jpg

just watched vid

its cool piece of presentation of what you guys made.

i especialy love your Leo, nice texturing :-)

only thing im missing are better engine sounds, any chance they will be changed ?

res.

off.

Cool promotion video! The best looking pack since last OFrP release, cannot wait to play the guy in Fältjacka M/90 (the prettiest camo ever!; the end of Operation White Night mod was real sad for me...).

One question - what about addon pack configuration? Is it BIS compatible, would you use JAM3?

Thank`s, downloading now. To use music from Manowar is the best choise imo. thumbs-up.gif

Really nice movie! I especially like the Strv 122!

What about including some nice tracer effect script for the 120mm maingun? Or do Strv 122 not use tracer ammunition? Also reloadtime of the maingun seems very long (more than 10 seconds), maybe you can cut that down to the half. But all in all, I really can't wait for SFP 4.0 ^^

yeah, this is right... 6-7s loading time for this hand loaded gun...

this is not T-90 which can boost up loading to 4s :P

but realy, nice screens, nice leo smile_o.gif besides, i don't know exsactly, but swedian leos should be upgraded with new Leopard-2A6 smoothbore gun...

will there be recently used version and upgraded?

i did my time as a MBT mechanic 2004-2005 and i never hered abut an upgade like that and white the politics in Sweden the military will not last for long sad_o.gif

awesome notworthy.gifwow_o.gif

FDF, now SFP, what other Baltic mods we will have?

mabe someday there will be united Baltic defence mp smile_o.gif)

just amazing what you have done! greetings!!!!

and i'm waiting for this one long time... wink_o.gif

Baltic? crazy_o.gif Try Nordic? tounge2.gif

Really looking forward to this, about time to replace those crappy (no offence smile_o.gif) stridsväst2k models from the old pack.

Would love a Strv 103C but I guess it's not forthcoming wink_o.gif

Question, this was armor movie.. what should we present next before release..

Air, soldiers, ground vehicles (boooring wink_o.gif ), or boats.. or like someone said, a combat video.. little from everything?

EDIT: fixed spelling

I'd love an introdction to AMFBAT or something like that, maybe under the cover of a Viggen or something? smile_o.gif

Nice video by the way, can't wait smile_o.gif

yes yes yes yes excellent!

That CV90 is really very nice! Finally there is a nice bofors cannon with the ejecting shells! Will it also have a working backdoor? The Netherlands allmost has the same setup, Leo2A6 tanks with currently YPR's in service but they are going to be replaced by the CV9035 with the 35mm cannon.

There is also a movie online somewhere, you can see a CV9040 shooting, those types of cannons are fierce. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Anyway really looking forward to these addons!

Air planes/helos i whant to see next in dog fighting and in CAS and anti tankbatles

Please do include a JAM3 version of it aswell, would probably make it oh so much more useful.

Would love a Strv 103C but I guess it's not forthcoming wink_o.gif

The 103 was considered, but dropped after testing different aproaches to make the supsension work. The basic model was donated to the Swedish Cold War Crisis team though, so perhaps you will see it eventually. smile_o.gif