Sign in to follow this  
Blanco

Pro evolution soccer 5 PCdemo is out

Graphics are good enough for me and there is no crowd bug on PC.

Indeed gameplay is little slower, but ballspeed is faster, that's a good thng imo, gamespeed is really realistic now.

Animations are awesome, no doubt about that.

Ball physics are improved aswel, remember ballspeed in PES4 was waaaay too slow.

For me, they did what they had to do, animations, game/ball speed, keepers , shooting, headers, referees were improved. Commentary was realy bad in PES4 (couldn't be worse, actually) , words are pretty the same in PES5, but this time it's syncronised well and it makes sence whta they're saying.

That's what I expect from a new PES, they saw the flaws from the previous version and they improved it.

Ok, It not next-gen, but it only costs €28 anyway.

tounge2.gif

Got my grubby mits on pro evo 5 on me xbox, and im sorry to say im quite dissapointed.

First thing is it looks exactly like 4, but runs even slower. there is a bug with the crowd where they dissapear when your playing but where its a goal kick or corner the stadium is packed.

2 of the premier teams have the proper kits, chelski and gonners (arsenal) on a plus point every player has their proper name now.

What did impress me was the quality of the face textures, some of them are outstanding, pires of arsenal for example.

while playing the game the graphics are simply not good enough, you play it asking yourself, "this is supposed to be a new version, why does it look like im playing the last one?"

keepers can now do long throws and players do proper volleys now but its not enough.

ive been playing pro evo over fifa for the past few years, so im no fifa fan boy, far from it, but im sad to say but ill be playing Fifa 06 alot more that pes 5.

it looks to dated, the game play is slow and sluggish, not all the transfers were done (baros is at liverpool yet owen is at newcastle) the music and commentry is shockingly poor.

i just hope pes6 is gonna be a complete overhaul because that it whats needed.

lol...it's strange to see someone complain about a game looking old...in the BIS forums tounge2.gif After all, OFP ain't exactly the best looking game there is wink_o.gif

Anyway, I didn't like fifa 06...the graphics are good, but the hair on ppl look poo, and it kinda ruins the whole graphics on the players...when you see them close, they look really silly. The gameplay ain't even close to being as good as PES4...Transfers are easy to fix...making the gameplay slower forces you to use more "tactics" and think more about what to do next. Music and commentary don't really mean too much. I mean...I prefer good gameplay over graphics and other fancy, though not necessary stuff. After all, I still play OFP biggrin_o.gif

I've been playing the full version for about a week now

and i understand your worries KEVBAZ but i do not second

them.

Everytime a newer version got released they made one step

further into this direction, just not such a big oe like this time

so it didn't maybe annoy you because of that.

I did also personally prefer the previous gameplay but the

more i play the new version, the more it's getting me into

it.

IMHO this was also everytime like that after the new-ver-release, just not that drastically wink_o.gif

I'm pretty sure that after 2 or 3 weeks the new engine and

me will be 'one' and the old engine will be outdated when

trying to play it - also this i experienced on every update.

New graphics??

They were never announced to be improved, as for this style

of gameplay Konami brought the PS2 to it's limit in combination

with enjoyable gameplay.

Graphical changes they announced for next generation - PS3

OK, now to the game itself:

The new gamestyle might feel a little bit annoying at the beginning but to be honest it's a big step forward to realism.

Watch a real football game and then tell me that the players

can make fast turns like in old version or what.

Now it's possible to win some space and time by a well

made move and the defending player choose the wrong

direction and can't reattack you one second later.

A few things i noticed:

Sometimes when the referee decides that the game can

continue after a faul as the fauled players still is up and running with the ball, the referee gives a yellow card to the

player who fault, at the next interuption - really cool feature smile_o.gif

One time Viera felt down without intervention of anybody

else and had to be brought off the field by the 4 black

medics biggrin_o.gif

Before, i had the ball and suddenly the referee stopped the

game. Then i saw Viera on the floor and afterward came

the replay - really funny to look tounge2.gif

OK, Viera was out on the sides and guess what now?

Referee holds the ball in his hand beside my player and

oponent players stood away to let me the ball - referee

drops down the ball and game continued - really cool smile_o.gif

Training in masterleague is now not this annoying:

wait for load training - play half a minute until: completed message - and go back in ml-menu.

Now it's just: you click on training and it shows you which

player improved or not (talking about the coloured arrows

on the player's right).

The skill values of the players can make now big differences.

Already edited teams beat original teams by far now. As i'm gonna edit 'em anyway all this will not be a problem, but

it takes a long time to edit all that teams.

The default skill values are just set to low in general when

it comes to speed or acceleration for example - well at least

for me.

Shooting is now sometimes absolutely brilliant.

Passing has to be well planed now as the pass physics is now

also more realistic, as you can't pass a ball easy into a direction not realistic in relation to the heading and moving

of that player who pass.

It's much easier now to make a wrong pass, as you have to

take more care when doing it now.

The goalie doesn't kick every ball out on the side when

running out of the penalty area and an oponent coming

to close.

A good trick i also found is now: if you just releas the

stick and press only R2 to stop right before someone is

trying to tackle you or to steal the ball from you in a sprint

duell - again you can win a few 3 or 4 meters by that.

Transfer issues or Kits not matching perfectly is not really

a problem for me as the editor is always there - it's just the

gameplay i'm after and this is cool.

Free kicks became a little bit easier to score from like

in the version before the previous one and IMHO that's good

as in the last version it was a little bit too difficult and not

such powerful as in real football.

...to be continued after a few more matches wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Borrowed Fifa 06 off a mate....handed the dvd back to him later that day when he left!! What a pile of poo it is...I have seen it so many times that the ball crosses the line by almost a yard, yet the ref doesn't care!! WTF!!!! Passing is as cumbersome as always, and switching players still results in the ONE player that you DONT want to go active, going active!

Tosh.

Plus, the character models+faces are terrible too. About the only thing I liked was the nice touch of playing part of the anthem at the start of a match.

I agree with Chris Death and more ..

It s like it s really football now.

My biggest problem going from 3 to 4 was the speed .. it just didn t feel right it the players moved way too fast.

Now it s perfect.

Also you have way more control over ballhandling i mean when trying to pass a defender etc the little sidesteps you can do and all without the hassle of pushing 1000 different buttons, it s all more in the speed you have and the way you move your left thumbstick ... brilliant.

Now you can really hurt a defense as in pes 4 you couldn t really loose a defender now you can ... brilliant

I even had a few ( not many ) runs i took out 4 defenders with 1 move ... brilliant

In 4 nearly 80% of the crosses were in the box as now when a defender is pressuring you you wont get it in the box ...

Doing the line just isnt that easy anymore and rightly so ...

Switching tactics and substitutions have more effect then in 4, i mean bringing in ronaldinhio for Barcelona REALLY makes a difference now ...

I have it for 2 weeks now and still i see stuff i didn t before and make me go  wow_o.gif

AI defending really is improved

Switching sides or passing short distance with lob is greatly improved !

Keeper is waaaaaaaay better in coming off his line then in 4

Second line shots are awesome although practise is needed, running or shooting out of a turn is much harder to shoot then it already was ... but it s soooo f*cking satifying to actually score that way

Freekicks .... mmmmmh greatly improved.  I scored more fk goals already in 2 weeks then with pes 4 in a year !

The fact that you can have shitty matches like in reallife where no team can do anything right with the ball are there also to my big frustration hehe

Only thing i m missing from what they promised ... WHERE IS THE DYNAMIC WEATHER huh.gif? Didn t they promise it could start/stop to rain / snow during matches ?  Or else i m just lucky to almost only play in good weather.

All things aside, this version for me is a very big step in the right direction ... now let someone make a good option file for the xbox version and you wont hear me again for another year !

I mean the fact that i play with Barcelona with Real life squad ( just to get into it ) on 4 stars and still loose from small teams and maximum win with 2-0 makes me a very very happy man :-)

Fifa ... lol .... owned ... again ... by PES.

Cheers

/edit ( forgot to be negative )

- the music is much worse then before ( if that was already possible ) it s like elevator music now

- the ref still loves the AI more although it s greatly improved

- Kompany should be way better ;-)

Played PES5 for the first time yesterday with a mate. IMO it's much better than Fifa...The graphics are good enough and the faces look really good (IMO better than Fifa...mostly because the hair in Fifa looks like something they made in 5 mins while being drunk). Even though I knew about the crowd bug, I didn't notice it until I had played it for 4 hours, and when I did, me and my mate just found it kinda funny. The transfers are easy to fix (which my mate had done), the team names are too. And the gameplay was just great. And the fact that I scored a nice goal with Poulsen from 35 m in the crossbar on a volley, and then the keeper managed to "hit" it in, just makes me love the game more biggrin_o.gif