Sign in to follow this  
xawery

Russian radio voices

Hello all.

I've recently reinstalled OFP and OFP:R. I couldn't find my Red Hammer cd however, so now whenever I play on the Russian side the soldiers speak with surprisingly American accents... Come to think of it, the 'Russian' voices introduced by Red Hammer weren't much better either; they sounded like something from a crappy James Bond film.

So, I was wondering: has anyone released a mod which replaces the poor East comms with proper Russian voices? FDF has shown that it's possible...

Much obliged for any info on this matter.

Regards,

Xawery

Addon & mod questions belong in A&M:D

Moving smile_o.gif

Has been done already, altough the voices werent really high quality... confused_o.gif

use the search, if i remember correctly it was in the General subforum, but not very sure about that smile_o.gif

That Russian campaign, forgive me for forgetting it's name, the huge one which was about 180mb...Umm...The one where your convoy gets ambushed by some partizans and you get captured early on in the campaign... Well, they had Russian voices if I remember correctly, so AFAIK, it is possible

Thats the Retalliation Campaign, a must have smile_o.gif

But if i remember right they had lots of proffessional studio voice acting but the standard stuff like the soldiers reporting things and such were in standard OFP english.

Its either EECP 1.085 or the FFUR 5.0, but one of them replaces the Russian voices with real ones. Its a good effect, but some of the words have been left out by mistake.

I'll find out which one it is for certain, and tell you wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]replaces the Russian voices with real ones

We do ! we use a russian voice pack released a few years ago but we're looking forward the incoming one

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]That Russian campaign, forgive me for forgetting it's name, the huge one which was about 180mb...Umm...The one where your convoy gets ambushed by some partizans and you get captured early on in the campaign... Well, they had Russian voices if I remember correctly, so AFAIK, it is possible

That campaign is the opposite world - All the americans speeks Russian  biggrin_o.gif

I would really like to see a new russian radio pack released. The one made a while ago, is too hard to listen to. For now I use russian accent voices made by BIS.

Ah, it seems moving the topic to A&M:D has generated a lot more responses. Thank you, Herr Ueberverwalter biggrin_o.gif

Being the law-abiding forum user that I am, I did a search before posting this topic, but it had resulted in too many hits, so I was unable to find anything meaningful.

Retaliation (which is quite splendid indeed) had very good voice acting and the AI Russian chatter in ECP is very immersive, but the radio comms remain either pseudo-Russian or American... Which completely destroys the atmosphere.

I've taken a look at the thread posted by Maxpain, and I liked what I heard! The demo soundfile sounded pretty good. Now, Thunderbird and ofpforum mentioned an old Russian voicepack. Any idea where I could find it? The Search function still yields bugger all...

Thanks for all the responses,

kind regards,

Xawery

Also, if they're making this Russian Voices pack, they should probably add them to the Player Editing Menu. I hate it when I have an american accent in a Russian squad! banghead.gif

(Couldn't find this topic in A&M:D confused_o.gif )