Sign in to follow this  
Mohamz

How to heal?

Hi,

I'm new to these boards!

I find the game great, but wanted to know how I can heal myself when I'm injured, I tried to go near the medic-Soldier but there is nothing in the menu.

Also, how can I telll an AI-Soldier to go to a Medic and get healed?

Thanks

Mohamz

PS. I'm getting the "2 is down" error too on MP, I have downloaded 1.42 and see if it was solved...

You can heal yourself by crawling to a soldier/medic tent/Ambulance vehicle and selecting the appropriate entry from menu. AI soldiers can be sent via Command 6.

If there is a medic on your side, press <Backspace> <5> <4>, which issues a report saying that you are injured. At this point, the medic will come to you if he is not busy, or you can go to him if you can still move.

If you want to instruct an injured unit under your command to heal, press <Backspace> <6> and then the number next to the "Heal at medic" or "Heal a field hospital" action.

Guys. he's asking this from the perspective of the player being the medic, and it's definitely a good question....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dangus @ Jan. 18 2002,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guys. he's asking this from the perspective of the player being the medic, and it's definitely a good question....<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think he did.

I just re-read the question and Frag and tlx answered correctly the question asked smile.gif

Just to be sure, it's not possible to heal others when playing a medic yourself, other ppl (or the AI) has to come to you and choose to heal at you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dr Jekyll @ Jan. 19 2002,03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to be sure, it's not possible to heal others when playing a medic yourself, other ppl (or the AI) has to come to you and choose to heal at you.<span id='postcolor'>

You can still make their life a whole lot easier by going to them.

Of course, you need to pay attention to the status messages which indicate who got hit, and you need to know where they are...

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been able to successfully make one of my teammates heal at an AI medic. Does he have to be within a certain proximity? Whenever I try to tell one of my guys to heal, there is no "heal at medic" option in the actions menu. Does he have to be standing next to the medic?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 19 2002,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah. You have to be within like 1 meter.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, that's not correct.

Sometimes, if the soldier you want to get healed has a lot of actions available, the "heal at medic" action is bumbed to the next page. Just press 0 to flip through until you find it. It doesn't matter how close the medic is, as long as you all know where each other are.

Ok so I read his question wrong. Still, how do you heal others when you are the medic? Can you heal yourself?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 19 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah. You have to be within like 1 meter.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, that's not correct.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is. To heal at a medic you have to move reallly close to him, almost close enough to touch him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 20 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah. You have to be within like 1 meter.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, that's not correct.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is. To heal at a medic you have to move reallly close to him, almost close enough to touch him.<span id='postcolor'>

The original question was:

"I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been able to successfully make one of my teammates heal at an AI medic."

The answer to that is that you do not have to be next to the medic -- all you have to do is select the injured unit, press <Backspace> <6>, and then the number next to the "Heal at medic" action.

Now, if you are talking about healing yourself, then you are correct. To get help, you should press <Backspace> <5> <4> to report yourself as injured. At this point, a medic will come to you if one is available, and when he is next to you, can can bring up the Action menu and select "Heal at medic".

Dude. I know how to heal at a medic.

And I thought the guy was talking about mp team mates. Silly me.

And selecting your unit makes backspace unnecessary. Backspace is just all in all unnecessary.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 20 2002,08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

And selecting your unit makes backspace unnecessary. Backspace is just all in all unnecessary.<span id='postcolor'>

You are correct -- my bad. Backspace is only needed for commands that aren't tied to units, such as radio commands etc.

It's me again!

How many times can a medic heal soldiers?

Is it limited?

I think so, since I (successfully) ordered my team mate to heal at the medic then another one got injured and I couldn't order him to heal.

So, is it limited to one time?

No, there is no limit that I know of. That's an interesting idea though, maybe medical supplies should get used up just like ammo.

I've had a medic patch up many guys during one single mission, so there must have been another reason why it didn't work for you. Was the medic still alive and able to move?

I found that when I played a medic once, I got an option to heal myself when in a vehicle (from memory, I think it was a 5 ton truck, not an ambulance of any sort).

As soon as I got out of the vehicle, the option dissappeared.

Is this a known fact, or just a glitch particlar to that mission? (The mission was "Oil War"). confused.gif

You also cannot instruct an AI medic to heal himself, which is unfortunate. Usually you have only one of them under your command, and while he is fairly useless as a fighter (he doesn't have grenades, and can't pick up AT weapons), he is still a crucial asset.

If he gets injured badly, he may need to be left behind, or the mission may even be a failure because you can't maintain the required strength of your squad to achieve an objective.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the medic heal himself, without orders though, on several occasions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 20 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm pretty sure I've seen the medic heal himself, without orders though, on several occasions.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes that's true I saw it many times, but again without you giving him any order.

I don't know what happened to my squad though(I had 2 medics) confused.gif

Hi guys

I've been messing about with a bit of code for medics and come up with this. I use it a lot in my missions, and it gives the player the choice of ordering the wounded guys to heal themselves. I'm working on adding a routine to tell the medic to go to the wounded one to do the healing.  

The random messages from the wounded guy are for atmosphere. smile.gif

Have fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_MyGuys = Units Group Player

;start with other guys not the player

_Index = 1

_MaxUnits = Count _MyGuys

;usage

;this addaction ["Heal the boys", "heal_boys.sqs"]

#Healing

_ThisGuy = _MyGuys Select _Index

damage = Getdammage _thisguy

?(damage<0.3):Goto "SkipEm"

?(damage>0.7):Goto "SkipEm"

_ThisGuy Action ["HEAL",_ThisGuy]

_ThisGuy setdammage 0

@UnitReady _ThisGuy

~10

_rnd = random 19

_rnd=_rnd - _rnd %1

; the sidechat messages.

?(_rnd==0):_Thisguy sidechat "Thanks. I needed that!"

?(_rnd==1):_Thisguy sidechat "All better now."

?(_rnd==2):_Thisguy sidechat "Thanks a lot! I was hoping this would send me home!"

?(_rnd==3):_Thisguy sidechat "Morphine, huh. You got some more of that?"

?(_rnd==4):_Thisguy sidechat "Neat fix, Doc. Didn't know you washed and darned clothing too!"

?(_rnd==5):_Thisguy sidechat "Aspirin? All it was, was a f*****g Aspirin?"

?(_rnd==6):_Thisguy sidechat "It was just a flesh wound, Sir"

?(_rnd==7):_Thisguy sidechat "It's a miracle. I'm alive!"

?(_rnd==8):_Thisguy sidechat "So no Purple Heart for me, then?"

?(_rnd==9):_Thisguy sidechat "That must be worth two Purple Hearts, Sir."

?(_rnd==10):_Thisguy sidechat "You've got healing hands, Doc... Give us a kiss."

?(_rnd==11):_Thisguy sidechat "So much for a quick discharge."

?(_rnd==12):_Thisguy sidechat "I'm sure going home would have been better!"

?(_rnd==13):_Thisguy sidechat "Next time, Doc. Let me stick the needle in you!"

?(_rnd==14):_Thisguy sidechat "Where am I. Is that you, Mommy?"

?(_rnd==15):_Thisguy sidechat "Yeah, that's right. Patch me up so some other b*st**d can put holes in me."

?(_rnd==16):_Thisguy sidechat "I was thinking, Sir. When that bullet hit me I'm sure your name was on it."

?(_rnd==17):_Thisguy sidechat "No thanks to you, Doc! I was ready for the Glory Land."

?(_rnd==18):_Thisguy sidechat "Is this heaven? No? F**k it!"

?(_rnd==19):_Thisguy sidechat "Great! Now some other b*st**d can shoot me."

?(_rnd==20):_Thisguy sidechat "D**n! I die.. ..then I wake up.. ..and there's another f*****g war going on!"

goto "Here"

; if the guys are okay

#SkipEm

;_Thisguy sidechat "I'm o.k., Sir"

goto "Here"

#Here

_Index = _Index + 1

?(_Index < _MaxUnits): Goto "Healing" <span id='postcolor'>

Cheers  biggrin.gif