Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

VTE open beta 09-13-05

Quote[/b] ]Nope, we are very happy with SEB Hueys. But thanks anyway.

well i agree the seb hueys do look better, but it would be nice to have few more different choppers, ie. a cargo chopper with no guns.

Quote[/b] ]What other campaigns have the bn880 tracers missing?

And what missions are giving you this error?

at least 'vietnam 1954'- campaign (should it be 1964?) did and 'war of vietnam' seemed pretty messed up since it first failed to load the intro due to missing addon (think it was t54 or something) and then the first mission was not vietnam related at all.

i can't recall which missions did tho. gotta get back to that later.

Quote[/b] ]Are you saying VC machine gunners are not engaging US helicopters?

ok, checked this again and the machine gunner did fire at the chopper. maybe the map i was using the first time or low ai level affected this earlier.. but it would be nice if also the riflemen would fire.

Quote[/b] ]Mas-36 SMG with an AK mag.

I see no error on the MAS36?

As far as I'm aware the MAS-36 was a single shot, bolt-action French service rifle with an integral bloc magazine. Is this the same rifle portrayed in your mod or a different one?

At least I did well the patch.

I don't find any unit with the Mas-49, and the Mat-49, or the k-50 Smg?

Now I belive will be interesant Civilian vietnamese units, and several vehicles like the csj cicles and motorcicles, and others like the sigma pickup, or the airwolf mod? volskwagen van, and others...

thanks smile_o.gif

May I ask what is the loadout for that F-5 tiger? I might have to download the mod just for some of the diffrent aircraft.....300+megs....my 56k weeps sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it would be nice to have few more different choppers, ie. a cargo chopper with no guns.

There is unarmed version of the Huey already. Or what did you mean by cargo chopper?

Quote[/b] ]vietnam 1954'- campaign (should it be 1964?) did and 'war of vietnam' seemed pretty messed up since it first failed to load the intro due to missing addon

These campaign missions have now been fixed, thanks for reporting.

Quote[/b] ]but it would be nice if also the riflemen would fire.

To this date I dont know any OFP mod that has basic rifleman firing at flying helicopter.

Quote[/b] ]MAS-36 was a single shot, bolt-action French service rifle with an integral bloc magazine.

MAS-36 is using JAM_W762_5mag ammo at the moment, I think thats pretty close?

Quote[/b] ]I don't find any unit with the Mas-49, and the Mat-49, or the k-50 Smg?

Hmm yep. You have to use addWeapon command to add them. Perhaps later we add specific units with these weapons.

Quote[/b] ]what is the loadout for that F-5 tiger?

Loadout 1: 20mm Cannon, 2 Sidewinders and 4 MK-77 Napalms.

Loadout 2: 20mm Cannon, 2 Sidewinders and Rockets.

There is unarmed version of the Huey already. Or what did you mean by cargo chopper?

there is? the only one i've found is the dustoff which isn't quite what i'm looking for.

Quote[/b] ]These campaign missions have now been fixed, thanks for reporting.

actually, i noticed that it's not so much related to specific campaign or mission, but in fact related to vc units firing their weapon.  the error seems to occur only when an east unit fires their weapon (at least on my comp).

Quote[/b] ]To this date I dont know any OFP mod that has basic rifleman firing at flying helicopter.

yeah, i suppose it can't be done then..

I am prity sure you can get riflemen to fire at helikopters but I am not sure it would be wise as they end up wasting alot of ammo(which is primary for engaging infantry) and exposing thier position.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]To this date I dont know any OFP mod that has basic rifleman firing at flying helicopter.

I made a mission a couple of months back and one of my VC guys wouldn't stop engaging the heli untill it was out of site. No scripting involved.

I made a mission a couple of months back and one of my VC guys wouldn't stop engaging the heli untill it was out of site. No scripting involved.

Same here. Just yesterday I was playing one of the PMC vietnam campaign missions, and was flying about in the huey. The nemy fired whatever they had at me non stop. Eventually I died. sad_o.gif

Which brings me to another bug. In the PMC campaigns, for every mission the game stalls and closes down when you try to load game. I don't think this is to do with the CoC command system, as other missions involving this load fine.

This pack is amazing, too many good things about it to go through them all here. Finally we have absolutely perfect jungles (Ashau valley is amazing).

I thought you guys should know VTE ia drang valley is entirely devoid of undergrowth in the jungles...it doesn't look or feel like vietnam. I am wondering if this is a bug or not.

Also, the pack needs more missions in maps other than SEB ia drang! This map is completely devoid of jungle, at least make some conversions to the VTE version after you fix the jungle undergrowth.

I am pumped...!!! this will be very cool...

so i have patched everything with what you have released, and would like permission to load it up onto my server for folks to download. then they will not have to do the patching and all the other stuff. if that is o.k. with you...

a couple of other things i have done to what i have installed...

created a VTE shortcut in the x_vte folder, complete with custom VTE icon. all folks have to do is copy the VTE shortcut to their desktop or wherever they like...

put the required addons into the addons directory, so no additional downloads. i am using jam 3 and have had no issues - the jam team claims full backward compatability with jam2.

already ran the sky install.

renamed the missions folder to vte_mis so it can just be dragged/copied into the missions folder and will have its own heading in the single player missions list - keeps them clean and seperated from the rest of the single player missions.

put the missions that are actually mp in the mpmissions folder.

if this is o.k. with you Snake...send me an e-mail: helmut-at-phpwebservices-dot-com . if you want to check it out yourself first let me know and i will shoot you the link before releasing it. i have only done the above and the official patches. for instance i have not tried to fix the below error nor the Sheridan. i think sticking to 'official' is best...

i received an error when loading up the busy day mission (as mp). it was: missing entry 'config.cpp/CfgVehicles.VTE_T3485'.

can i ask what patch tool you are using? i would like to share it with the WGL team as the one you use is much easier on the end user.

you noted that you made the mod more compatible with ecp. can you explain exactly what that means? how would one run ecp and your mod at the same time?

let me know - thx to you and your team for the work!

Quote[/b] ]PMC campaigns, for every mission the game stalls and closes down when you try to load game. I don't think this is to do with the CoC command system

Loading a Saved game wont work on larger missions, this is old known OFP bug and nothing we can do about it. I'm very sorry about this, its frustrating to play (large) mission which you cannot abort and continue later. You'll just have to finish the mission at one OFP session.

Quote[/b] ]This pack is amazing, too many good things about it to go through them all here. Finally we have absolutely perfect jungles (Ashau valley is amazing).

We're glad to hear you like it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]VTE ia drang valley is entirely devoid of undergrowth in the jungles...it doesn't look or feel like vietnam. I am wondering if this is a bug or not.

Its a Work In Progress. Basically VTE version of SEB Ia Drang is rather 5minute job on WrpTool where I just replaced objects with the closest match and same for ground textures.

Don't worry we do plan to add the finer "VTE object" details there, like the grass and stuff to make it real thick jungle style.

Quote[/b] ]the pack needs more missions in maps other than SEB ia drang!

The fact is that Ia Drang island is so old that it has all the missions, VTE has only been available from September 13th, 2005. So far I have seen two missions put out to it, one was the actually already done Tropical Lighting by Garcia (released as beta on ofpec I think) and another one is just an quick airstrike example on PMC Tactical (official VTE) forums.

So yes I will personally make missions to the other islands.. hey damned, I just realized, I have already made 7 "PMC NAM Fight Video" cutscenes. Anyways, yeah I'm going to make missions to the other islands and my dream is to make another campaign to them. My current excuse is that I'm too busy editing the backbone of VTE right now, so mission editing is low priority.

Btw

VTE Development News Update!

Some news tip from the development labs. The next version of VTE will be full install, so nobody has to use that scary PboPatch. The reason is that there has been already so many changes/updates to the files that its not suitable for patching anymore (well it is if you know your stuff) so we have decided to put out full install instead.

I do not know whether the install is smaller or larger than the previous 330mb. It will be naturally only in RAR format which causes no problems like exe installers.

Quote[/b] ]so i have patched everything with what you have released, and would like permission to load it up onto my server for folks to download. if that is o.k. with you...

All I can say is that IF you can guarantee that nobody comes to me, in this or in the official VTE forum complaining about XYZ error or similar on the download you provided, then sure go ahead and put it to public download smile_o.gif

What I mean is, its great that you have made one single download, but in the long run it just causes more confusion as "uh oh there is now TWO versions of VTE?!?". Also note that I just posted on the above that next version will be the big full install again (sorry no release dates).

Quote[/b] ]created a VTE shortcut in the x_vte folder, complete with custom VTE icon.

Wow, is the icon cool? Want to send it to us so we can include it to the next release? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]put the required addons into the addons directory, so no additional downloads.

I never bothered to check, how many megs are the required addons rarred up at max compression?

Quote[/b] ]renamed the missions folder to vte_mis so it can just be dragged/copied into the missions folder and will have its own heading in the single player missions list - keeps them clean and seperated from the rest of the single player missions.

Hmm didn't my readme guide people pretty much to do so already, I mean not to mess up the original missions dir? Hmm perhaps I should rename the missions/ dir inside the release rar to Missions/VTE/ directly so nobody can accidently overwrite the original OFP Missions/ dir.

Quote[/b] ]put the missions that are actually mp in the mpmissions folder.

Did you do careful check, can you list which ones are hardcore MP only missions, ie which dont work at all on SP mode? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i received an error when loading up the busy day mission (as mp). it was: missing entry 'config.cpp/CfgVehicles.VTE_T3485'.

Oops, too many config edits last time. Heh thanks for reporting that, will fix it for next release.

Quote[/b] ]can i ask what patch tool you are using? i would like to share it with the WGL team as the one you use is much easier on the end user.

I already offered to help Phaeden/WGL 5 beta team with the patching, they seem not particularly interested. But if you want to give it a try, the util I'm using is the Rom's PboPatch.exe program. Simply unrar (not just run) any of the VTE patches and you get bunch of dirs and PatchFiles.txt and PboPatch.exe - I guess you figure it out from there, going bit too offtopic here now smile_o.gif

Feel free to PM me for further details.

Quote[/b] ]you made the mod more compatible with ecp. can you explain exactly what that means?

It was some KillSwitch magic on the config / unit init files, apparently the vehicles still are missing the ecp compatibility. More than this, I dont know what ecp compatible means...

Quote[/b] ]how would one run ecp and your mod at the same time?

Beats me, I never used ecp. I just used KillSwitch tips to configure VTE.

Quote[/b] ]let me know - thx to you and your team for the work!

Hey no problem, glad you like it. Thank you for reporting that mission bug and keeping the spirit up with the full-patch install.

Well, of course I can not guarantee they will not come ask questions, but when you post the link you can damn sure tell them!!! I think most folks will understand and comply - besides it is convenience for them. I should even have time to keep this up for interim patches... I also understand about the two versions thing...which is why I offered to have you all check it out before posting the link. Some things I do for our group is to actually create a zip or rar that our folks can just unzip into their OFP directory and have everything just work - all files going into the appropriate place within the OFP directory structure. With the large amounts of addons and mods we need to keep things simple or folks get frustrated and don't play.

How long before then next release then? That may determine whether it is worth me uploading this patch2 version or better to just wait and work off of the next full release. BTW, I will gladly host/mirror the file...

I think the icon represents your mod quite well, as it is what I feel is a mini-version of the most dramatic screenshot on your site. Easy to do - i can/will of course e-mail you both the shortcut and icon to include if you all like it.

The renaming if the missions folder was just what was most logical to me. There are any number of ways to deal with it - your suggestion here is probably even better than what I did, and the end result is the same.

Per a couple of other posts the missions I moved I know are MP, and that is why I moved them. I can/will check them for SP functionality (already did for MP functionality) and if they work SP as well I will copy them back into SP as well so they are available as both MP and SP missions. Would it be O.K. to add respawn into group to the MP missions? I can send them back to you once that is done if they do not already include it - if you want. Our group does that as standard - does not mean it is what everyone wants and I understand that.

Re: ECP. The problem is, as I understand it, the bin directory. OFP will only use one set of bin files, or only one config.cpp and config.bin. So one can run multiple mods at the same time, they just can't each have their own bin set... Of course ECP has this, so that may preclude it being used with your mod. I don't know if I have the exact details correct on this, but it is the general idea. Might be worth looking into, ECP has some great environmentals and effects.

Crap - I forgot... The required addon files compress at best compression to 19.3 MB as a rar file...

I get an error message when firing an AAM at the F-4(any version) and the countermeasures of that plane don't work making it very easy to shoot down with missiles.

I think (with limited scripting knowlege) ECP compatibility means using ECP eventhandlers in cfgvehicles.

so to explore that a b it further...

how do you RUN such a beast? do you specify both mods? do you pull part of the ecp files out and put into your vte folder structure? as stated, you can not run with two mods that have a bin infrastructure...and if you do not use the ecp bin infrastructure you will not get the ecp experience. both of these mods have a bin infrastructure... if vte was made without a bin infrastructure it would be fully ecp compatible running it as:

"....resistance.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ecp;x_vte

found this - it is what i was looking for (from the ECP FAQ):

Q: How do I run other mods with the ECP?

A: Add -mod=@ECP;mod name;mod name etc. to the commandline in the shortcut. Note that only one config.bin can be for any one instance of OFP (you can't run FDF and ECP, for example).

so it looks like the config.bin is the important and conflicting one. since there is no config.bin for vte, i will give this a try tonight...

3: the B52 is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too small. putting a B52 and a herc side by side the comparison should be like putting a pinto next to a tractor trailer.

B52 seems to be the right size. I've stood next to one before and was actually surprised...it was a lot smaller than I thought it was, despite the fact is was still ginormous smile_o.gif

Anyways, there are some parts of this mod that are ecp-compatible and some parts that aren't. There is bullet whiz and some shouting, but bouncing nades on some units aren't there. I would love to see a config for this mod that is incorporates ecp or just is fully compatible with ecp.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but some vehicles could also be added/replaced. the m113 and m163 could be replaced by the INQ ones, and there were some cool things in an NVA pack released awhile ago (my favorite was a sailboat sampan).

just started to try out your mod, applied patch 1 & 2 (hopefully correct, no errors reported)

village rebel SMLE has wrong ammo

quiet_man

M551 Sheridan gives me a CDT

CSR105mm gives an config error when you enter as gunner

looks good the pack, parts have sometimes very different quality/detail. Do you plan to do something about this? If not, I would recommend to split the mod into High/Low res items. Makes it easier for mission makers to select appropriate combinations. Vehicles missing own graphics (using Resistance T55) would be very low wink_o.gif

what I realy don't like (probably not your fault) is that these wonderfull sailing ships have weapons and ammo laying around

It looks stupid and they can't be used for ambiance

can you remove them?

quiet_man

Quote[/b] ]the m113 and m163 could be replaced by the INQ ones, and there were some cool things in an NVA pack released awhile ago (my favorite was a sailboat sampan).

I'm still considering the INQ vehicle replacement. The sampan is already in game, check it out.

Quote[/b] ]- village rebel SMLE has wrong ammo

- M551 Sheridan gives me a CDT

Has already been fixed, will show up on the next release.

Quote[/b] ]CSR105mm gives an config error when you enter as gunner

Good catch, will fix that on next release. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote[/b] ] parts have sometimes very different quality/detail. Do you plan to do something about this?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]sailing ships have weapons and ammo laying around can you remove them?

Maybe, I'll keep that in mind.

Please remove tcp test dog, because it make some bugs.

More unit from indochine conflict will be good! And a flamethrower...

Why don 't you make a pack with just the addons and an other with the missions for people who play just with the editor .....

Just wondering( I know I shouldn't do it) when is the new version out? I get pissed off actually from the patches, they have driven me mad. Taking sooo long... biggrin_o.gif

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE) open beta 11-03-05 has been released. This is full install including everything without any patching necessary, the download size is 395mb.

There is too many changes/fixes/edits to list, but this version has been greatly enhanced and tweaked since previous release.

Again as usual all feedback, good or bad is more than welcome. We are waiting for you guys to test this out and report anything you come up with, thats the meaning of open beta. So dont feel afraid to post if you find bugs/errors/etc, none of the VTE team will flame you, but we do ask anyone to make sure any feedback from this point on is from Open Beta 11-03-05 and not the previous release(s).

Thank you.

Download VTE open beta 11-03-05 from ofp.info

Check out details at Official VTE homepage for mirrors and stuff.

November 4th, 2005.

VTE Founder and Leader

Snake Man, PMC.

Any other mirrors? ofp.info one doesn't work for me  confused_o.gif

edit: Nevermind mirror #2 works smile_o.gif