Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

VTE open beta 09-13-05

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE)

VTE_logo.gif

The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP.

This is to announce the release of VTE v0.2 full. Check out some of the items we include.

Aircrafts

C-130, MC-130 Combat Talon, DHC-4 Caribou, OV-10 Bronco, Bell47G, Il-28 Beagle, B-52 Stratofortress, B-57 Canberra, F-4 Phantom, F-5A, F-100 Super Sabre, MiG-17, MiG-19 Farmer, MiG-21, A-1J Skyraider, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, O-1 Bird Dog, F-86A Sabre, Sikorsky S-56, CH-53E Superstallion, CH-34 and the old SEB stuff like Hueys etc.

Ground vehicles

Ox cart, M24 Chaffee, M41 Walker, Centurion, DShK Heavy MG, US GMC CCKW, Willys MB, T-34, M3 Halftrack, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-152, NVA Truck, M551 Sheridan, M1919A4 tripod, Maksim MG, PT-76, ZU-23-2, ZPU4 AA, Bike, Scooter, Motorbike, Gaz69, V150 Commando.

Soldier squads

Air Cavalry, Marine, Marine Force Recon, SEAL, Army, Special Forces, LRRP, LRRP (ERDL), CIDG, MIKE, ARVN, Cambodian mercenary, Chieu Hoi, Bushman, Civilian Villager, VC Villager, Village Rebel, VC, NVA, SOG, Australian SAS.

Weapons

Maksim MG, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bar, Mas36, Mas38, Chautelleret, Grease Gun, MP40, Thompson, Kar, M1 Car, M1 Garand, M1919A4, DP27, PPD-40, FAL, L1A1, Nagant, PPS-43, PPSH-41, M60 Shorty, M63A Stoner, Chicom Type 56, RPG-2, 90mm Recoiless MAW, M45 9mm SMG, M39 Hush Puppy, Ithaca 37, Typ 68, MAT 49, K-50M, Sten Gun MkII, Bren Gun MkII, Lee Enfield N4. Plus the usual equipment from JAM2 side.

Vehicle Weapons

MK-77 Napalm, UV-16-57 Rockets, HVAR Rockets, MK-82R, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-7 Sparrow, AGM-45 Shrike, AA-2 Atoll, FAB-250, Standard ARM, MK-81, MK-83, MK-84, M-117, M-118, BLU-82 Daisy Cutter, BLU-1 Napalm, LAU-10 Rockets, 20mm Cannon, VYa Cannons, 6x50cal M2, SUU-30 Pod, M61 Vulcan, 4x20mm Cannons, GSh-23 Cannon, 7.62x51 doorgun.

Animals

Mule, Cow, Rooster, Chickens, Duck, Dog.

Islands/Terrains

Vietnam Intro, Vietnam 12km, Vietnam 25km, Ilo Ilo, Rumble In The Jungle, RSSZ, Long Son, MeeKong, MDSZ, A Shau Valley, SEB Ia Drang, Iron Triangle, VTE Ia Drang, 7 Mountains, IIICTZA Parrots Beak, Australian AO, Polei Kleng, Quan Binh Son, Vinh Thanh Valley, Khe Sanh, The Bra.

Objects & Textures

We include over 400 new objects including vegetation (bushes, trees, grass, palms, jungle canopy, rocks etc), civilian housing and military objects. The ground is covered with many brand new textures. Also there is the good old SEB objects and textures present for the original Ia Drang and few other islands.

All that material just for editor? Noope, we include over hundred (100) single missions and eight (8) campaigns.

Here are tons of screenshots.

Trenches

Airfield

Harbor

Pier

City

Airstrip

Another city

Bunker

Hut

Watchtower

Airfield

Hmm

Jungle

Bridge

River side

Hilltop

Jungle night

City

Buildings 1

Buildings 2

Docks

Jungle bunker

Airstrip

Napalm

Aircrafts

Jungle 1

Jungle 2

Jungle 3

Jungle 4

Bunker

SEAL in jungle 1

SEAL in jungle 2

Landscape 1

Landscape 2

Radio tower 1

Radio tower 2

Spooky

That should cover the basics.

Required addons are as follows; Bn880 tracers, CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Mines, CoC Divers, JAM2 and USMC markers.

Download these addons from CoC homepage and

CoC Mines v1.0 - here

CoC UA v1.0 - here

JAM2 - here

USMC Markers - here

Bn880 Tracers - here

This v0.2 release is full, meaning no install problems, however we have setup a VTE Installation Help and PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: OFP VTE pages for users.

Download x_vte_v0.2.rar - 403mb. Thanks from mirror to ofpc.de site. All new mirrors are welcome.

You can visit us at VTE Official web page and also check out VTE at ofpc site.

April 10th, 2006.

VTE Founder and Leader

Snake Man, PMC.

Edited by Snake Man

Great news, something I waited for since months!

That definitely keeps me busy for a while.

Now why is that download speed that slow today... smile_o.gif

Wow

Quote[/b] ]114 single player, 2 MP (heh) and 7 campaigns
Insane amount, are they all new? But indeed this is amazing. smile_o.gif

Sounding good, can`t wait to try it..to bad it`s a slow d\l with only 250kbps... 15 minuts to go pff wink_o.gif

*edit it dropped back to 200...plzz wait till I`m done guys biggrin_o.gif

Simply Amazing.. This will keep me going all the way till ArmA lmao notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

just find it yourself, this mod is great, it's a pity more mods won't have open betas, open betas do nothing but HELLLP both the mod & gives the community something.

Errrm...

Busy Day

Dyers Eve

Green Hell

Greenies

Indian Country

Last Stand

Rat Patrol

Valley of Death

Tight Spot

fvt_tl

all those are MP coop missions, no SP missions...and as for fvt_tl, that's a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery old beta version... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]nice mod..nice trenches...

is there any way to place these trenches in the editor?

edit: and on which island can i find this nice base? http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/vte/VTE_promo01.jpg

you'll find nice bases with trenches on 7 Mountain

Yeah its looking great and really ambitious but theres one thing im a bit confused about,

Are the models still in development for a lot of the vehicles etc? Cos the FIA t55 appeared as a Su76 lol!

I take it they've still to be replaced?

amazing, finally many missions and campaigns in the vietnam world, I'm downloading it atm, 38 min to go. pistols.gif a real bandwithkillerif I look at the max speed of 120 kb/s of ofp.info

notworthy.gif the vte team

This is a great pack. I told myself I would wait for Unsung to come out before I got back into 'Nam, but seeing this pack made me download it straight away biggrin_o.gif

I'm still trying to get through all the missions. A fine collection there, not to mention that campaigns.

Good job smile_o.gif

Can someone make an .exe file?

The instructions are a bit confusing for me.

Cause I'm no rocket scientist!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

lmao.. just copy and paste then into your ofp folder smile_o.gif

Dudududuuududududuuu Wooly Bully biggrin_o.gifrofl.gif

Sorry guys against all other meanings, this mod needs absolutely to be reworked again.

the usmc soldier have no weapon sound,the muzzle flash looks quiet unreal (yellow?similar to old 2001times of ofp,those time ve been gone).Have the campaigns been tested more than just once?SAme to the missions.Or are these missions a collection of all foundable nam missions to put them into one pack.

I am sure you spend a lot of time to your mod,but it needs defintely to work more to it.I haven´t seen more than a few mission (at some CTDs),and the firt missions of 3 campaigns,and i don´t think they are that good enough to release with a project u spend a lot time with.Put 5 missions to it ,that are really tested and finished.Some have no overview (->basics of missions),no stringtable or description.ext.

I am a bit sad for dlíng so much MB for a not finished work...think about those people that have volume limit.

But ,well i spend my respect to all who spend their time in making their projects.

Please take it as constructive critics and solve problems that surly will be mensioned by a few others i suppose.

greetz

well they said it was a open beta so its just natural with some faults and issues.. biggrin_o.gif will try this mod now smile_o.gif and write tomorow about it wink_o.gif