Goeth

FDF Mod

When you pick up the gun, the ammo will automatically go into your inventory. That is, if you have any empty slots left. Otherwise it should just drop on the ground by the base/tripod.

Riffleman,

What Rellikki says is true, you must have enough empty slots to take all of the magazines or the remaining ones will go to the ground. To make the removing and replacing of guns work scripts must be used to accomplish this. When you remove a gun from the tripod and mags go to the ground, wait a few seconds for the scripts to stop running then in the action menu you will see take xxx mag.

Now there are several things you must understand about these weapons.

Only the "Player" can mount and dismount guns and take or deploy tripods/bases. (guess this feature was intended for MP play, but it can work in SP also)

This being said, once you take a gun you must drop it on the ground and order another member of your squad to pick it up. Again if the AI unit you order to pick up the gun does not have enough slots for all of the mags and some are left on the ground, just order him to pick up the other mags. (use F1-F12, then 6, then number for the magazine)

Now that the other squad member has the weapon in his inventory you can pick up the tripod/base. When you are ready to reassemble the weapon, place the tripod where you want it to be. Then order the AI unit carrying the weapon to drop it on the ground. Now you must go pick it up and place it on the tripod. Once the weapon is reassembled you or an AI unit can get to use it.

Another note, If you don't get all of the magazines when you first take the weapon, after you reassmble it, the gun will come up empty and you'll need to reload it from the action menu before you can fire it.

I've made another demo mission, a kind of tutorial showing how to do what I just said above. Also you can load weapons into vehicles for transport (but not tripods). You can learn this later after you get past the basics.

You get to fight in this one....Just follow the waypoints and prompts on the screen.

http://www.filefront.com/16309349/FDF_Tutorial1.FDF_eastborder.zip

Edited by Zulu1

@ zulu1 and rellikki

i came to know carry m2 gun,thanks to both of you,

i have downloaded fdf 1.3 and 1.4,i playing with fdf 1.3,now i find that inside fdf 1.4 there is same folder like fdf 1.3,help,what i have to do,overwrite them or delete fdf 1.3 inside folder

Riffleman,

Like I said before, FDF_1.3 is the basic MOD. FDF_1.4 is the WW2 expansion. All files go in your finmod folder.

Your directories (folders) should look like this:

OperationFlashpoint

|-finmod

| |-addons

|-Bin

|-Campaigns

|-dta

|-ReadMe

|-Sounds

|-Voice

|-Worlds

The finmod folder must be in operationflashpoint folder and has to be named "finmod". If the directories don't look like the map above things will not work correctly.

you mean to say that

for example copy all the file inside of fdf 1.4 addons in inside of fdf 1.3 addons?

riffleman,

I think I'm going to say yes.

Copy everything from the FDF_1.4 /finmod to the finmod folder of 1.3.

finmod/addons > finmod/addons

finmod/bin > finmod/bin

finmod/dta > finmod/dta

finmod/campaigns > finmod/campaigns

finmod/worlds > finmod/worlds

finmod/sounds > finmod/sounds

finmod/voice > finmod/voice

Let it overwrite any files if you are asked.

Then just add the missions to your missions folder.

did someone have more missions of fdf mod than official ones?

"REQUEST TO ALL"

if anyone have some usemade mission or campaign,upload them for me or people who dont have them. __________________

Edited by riffleman

Hello

Like I've earlier stated on our own forums, FDF Mod Repository in its older form was quite unusable and taking too much resources to manage, therefore it was taken down on purpose. So far I haven't had enough time to code new version or fix older one.

But oh noes. I got an idea. Let's make those files available. If you want, you can go browsing the missions and campaigns at "temporary" repository. Not sorted, not described, no guarantee at all -- for now, I might code some quick fix. You might figure out game mode and island from filename or maybe there's readme inside. If you got problems, you might try posting at our forums. If you want your missions there too, mail them to fdfmod@mbnet.fi or PM me. Same goes for all ideas etc.

tl;dr repository files @ "temporary" repository

---

Edit: I play FDF on OFP more often than on ArmA I or II. Nothing beats the winter WW2 feeling. It's shame we didn't get 1.41 released. Sometimes (like a couple of weeks ago) I have kind of urge to start working on it again. Also FW200 could finish his stuff, krhm krhm :D

Edited by Smartti

Hey stop teasing:( its not fair ;)

STGN

Not teasing, just missing these sexy things myself too :D

My two favorites that didn't make it

ntZdhs.jpg sRaBls.jpg

Bandvagn & T-54 with mine clearing equipment

Once again: Repository files :yay:

Good news to this thread:

I have started to make some missions for FDF/OFP version and I'm not going to stop soon. Also there is a two campaigns made by ME. They are not ready yet.

Hi All!!!

2 questions for FDF mod players!

FIRST QUESTION on FDF 1.3 (MODERN)

just went through FDF 1.3 Campaign (the "1995" one)

and stopped at mission 18 "Twisted": here I am asked to take a bycicle and get to HQ. Whil going over the bridge a cutscene appears and a sniper hits me. No way I can escape that. I also crossed the river on foot (being wounded, you know) but no way, there's no sniper I can kill; I also reached HQ on foot, but there's no "switch" to end the mission...it seems is meant to only allow you to be wounded on the bridge by the sniper.....

Is that the way the campaign ends????

SECOND QUESTION on FDF 1.4 (WW2)

I installed FDF mod 1.3, played the campaign (read here above) and then installed FDF 1.4 which asks for overwriting some files (I think also the one for the campaign). Installation was ok, but when I enter the game the only FDF campaign is the 1995 or modern one, meaning there is no WW2 campaign!!!! where am I wrong?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Yes, that's how the campaign ends. The story "continues" in ArmA FDF mod, where Petri Honka is still alive, commanding the FRDF forces stationed in Sahrani, though there is no conclusion to how the 1995 crisis ended. Supposedly good apart from Honka's scar on his face.

No, there is no WW2 campaign. The FDF mod 1.4 patch only updates the current campaign, as well as other old features in the mod, in addition to adding new WW2 themed content.

Yes, that's how the campaign ends. The story "continues" in ArmA FDF mod, where Petri Honka is still alive, commanding the FRDF forces stationed in Sahrani, though there is no conclusion to how the 1995 crisis ended. Supposedly good apart from Honka's scar on his face.

No, there is no WW2 campaign. The FDF mod 1.4 patch only updates the current campaign, as well as other old features in the mod, in addition to adding new WW2 themed content.

Thanks Rellikki!

regarding FDF 1.4, I see some files are overwritten and when I try to play the campaign of FDF 1.3 the game gives an error about "worlds" ore something like that (can't remember the full error message).

Is 1.3 campaign still 100% playable once FDF 1.4 has been installed?

THANKS AGAIN

Aldo

regarding FDF 1.4, I see some files are overwritten and when I try to play the campaign of FDF 1.3 the game gives an error about "worlds" ore something like that (can't remember the full error message).

Is 1.3 campaign still 100% playable once FDF 1.4 has been installed?

Yes, some files are supposed to be overwritten. It should not give any error messages when starting though, what's the exact error message?

"1.3 campaign" should remain 100% playable after FDF 1.4 update.

You could try some user-made campaigns from mission repository:

- Finlandsky Vokzal

- Border crisis

- Operaatio Leijona

- Blue Storm

- Vihan hedelmä

I remember THAT error message. It is:

MISSING ADDON fdf_worlds

What is this missing addon?

Hello everyone, I just want to ask a problem I have while playing FDF mod, when I install 1.3 patch (downloaded from many places, same results) and I run the mod, it looks like that you can play normally, hear the music, footsteps, and a few reload sounds, but when I shoot a weapon, any weapon including missiles, handguns, tank turrets, there is no sound emited... Also when using a vehicle like a tank for example, any of them both mod and vanilla OFP ones dont make a sound when driving too... Any ideas what the problem could be? Do I need 1.2? If anybody wants to ask me anything specific you are welcome to ask I will reply in less than 24 hours.

Download 1.4. I have the same problem but sounds of vehivcles was...:confused:

So install 1.3 then 1.4 and should works fine.

I can recall a couple of exact problems like this. Make sure the mod folder is named finmod, then the sounds should be working.

Ok thanks for the answers, the mod sounds are all working now.

Edited by LT. Drake Jackson

Last time I played FDF was on my old steam powered XP PC and I can't remember getting these missing addon error messages. Maybe I did though. :confused:

Anyway, I corrected the error message that pops up with the Smith and Wesson pistols. Fixed version of that addon available here if anybody needs it.

With that gone I start the FDF Campaign again but get this:

"cannot load mission, missing addons: fdf_worlds"

I can't find a solution through Google. Anybody know how to fix it?

You need to add "fdf_worlds" to addons[] array in the mission.sqm. I think it's caused by the mission being made in an earlier version of FDF that didnd't define addon dependancies correctly or had different class names.

Snafu,

The kegetys hand gun thing should not affect the mission. For the fdf error, make sure your addon folder is in the main ofp directory and it is named "finmod".

You need to add "fdf_worlds" to addons[] array in the mission.sqm. I think it's caused by the mission being made in an earlier version of FDF that didnd't define addon dependancies correctly or had different class names.

Bingo. Thanks for the fix.

Snafu,

The kegetys hand gun thing should not affect the mission. For the fdf error, make sure your addon folder is in the main ofp directory and it is named "finmod".

Oddly, the S&W addon was causing cutscenes to 'skip' but the worlds error wasn't. It was just annoying seeing it pop up all the time.