Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Urban Dead

Some active zombies outside the Marshment PD. I took out two, but a third one came running, I took a couple hits from it and made it back into the PD. If you guys can, get out and start taking that zombie down.

Some active zombies outside the Marshment PD. I took out two, but a third one came running, I took a couple hits from it and made it back into the PD. If you guys can, get out and start taking that zombie down.

Seems to be the zombi that i was unable to hit in 6 shots, that is just in the Club Minchington immediate left of our place.

What a time for me to run out of AP.

Quote[/b] ]Buck 65 said "A Horde of 67 Zombies are attacking a dozen of humans at the police station south" (09-12 02:02 GMT

Do you mean the zombies are right out side, like you just hit exit building and they'll be there? If so I might wait another hour log in and see if I can take a shot or two then duck back inside.

Does any one have any medkits? Sounds like we are in for an Alamo situation soon. I ran to the hospital specifically to get some med kits but wasted all my aps smacking that zombie.

I see the message now about 67 zombies attacking the PD to the south. Are we all going to stay and duke it out if they attack our fortress of solitude? I haven't counted but there are a lot of us. I think we could maybe hold them off.

As the building is strongly barricaded i think it is better to defend it

And we should first figure out if it is true, as false informations and living "spy" second account for a zombi character seems to be going on a lot in this game.

I think it should take some AP from several zombies (as they have a % of hit to damage a barricade and so chance to miss it smile_o.gif) , then one more from all the one that will come in (and one more from the one that is high level enough to know how to open the door of the building) + all the AP that will be launched in attacks (with all the possible miss making them lose more AP).

So the survivors should be able to strike back zombies that should be out of AP (or just run away)

A defense from a building with as much people as we are (we are 58 currently) should be able to resist and kill them (as they will have certainly suffer casualties from the south attack).

But if suddenly the other inhabitants of our fortress of solitude leave us alone, running away will be the only way to go.

The problem , if the zombie horde is killed and corpse are removed to the outside is the fact they have just to wait enoug AP then rise again and attack again.

I hope we have some Necrotech guys with revive items so they can turn the zombies back into living (it should hurt such horde attack a lot)

If there is really an attack, relocating our fortress will be the best solution in my opinion for the long term.

In short term, defending and getting more AP (to be ready to leave) should be the best solution.

Anyways, we should wait for more AP to be available so if we survive we can run away of those hordes.

Zombies (at least the lower level ones) must spend 2 AP for a street/building walk while living (and zombie with the good skill) spend only 1.

Talk about frustrating - I was hacking into a zombie with a fire axe, had it down to 5 hit point (2 more hits). Out of 15 swings, only 1 hit!!!

What is the hit-rate of a fireaxe?

Just interested in the maths aspect. wink_o.gif

25%

And now my firefighter is as good as dead - ran out of AP in the middle of three wide open buildings...this game sucks sometimes tounge2.gif

Just arrived with one of my characters (Joltan) at the Marshment police station - on the way North I met a group of 92 zombies, just a few blocks south (Fennessy Police Department). Not sure if I'll really stay here - it's getting hot!

Edit: if anyone's hurt: I got 5 medkits and I need some exp! smile_o.gif

Edit2: I healed you Harnu, Sputnik!

Wooo! I waited 1/2 hour and got that 1 AP I needed to save my fireman! biggrin_o.gif Also, I searched the Armoury with my character and finally turned up a flak jacket and a shotgun, to go with all those damn shells! smile_o.gif I'm gonna keep searching the armoury for a few days, get totally stocked, then go hunting! yay.gif

92 zombies crazy_o.gif

I hope more survivors will gather here to help (we are currently more than 60 here, maybe we can put a good resistance).

We should begin to reconsider a relocation of our fortress.

I hope to survive enough to get more AP so i can run away biggrin_o.gif

This is the kind of situation you need a good helicopter or a good shotgun wink_o.gif

Talk about frustrating - I was hacking into a zombie with a fire axe, had it down to 5 hit point (2 more hits). Out of 15 swings, only 1 hit!!!

What is the hit-rate of a fireaxe?

Just interested in the maths aspect. wink_o.gif

25%

And now my firefighter is as good as dead - ran out of AP in the middle of three wide open buildings...this game sucks sometimes tounge2.gif

So with 10 swings to likelihood of NOT hitting a single one is about 5%.. its confirmed, you either have almost bad luck as me or the randomizer is indeed broken. tounge2.gif

92 zombies crazy_o.gif

I hope more survivors will gather here to help (we are currently more than 60 here, maybe we can put a good resistance).

We should begin to reconsider a relocation of our fortress.

I hope to survive enough to get more AP so i can run away biggrin_o.gif

This is the kind of situation you need a good helicopter or a good shotgun wink_o.gif

I'm out of APs atm (after using my last ones for searching the dep and gaining some EXP by healing you guys). If the horde strikes now I really, really don't want to be here - and I doubt the 60 people waiting at the police station will act as coordinated as the 90+ brain eaters. Most will probably only hear of the attack after they've been 'converted' themselves...

I think the zombie masses are on the move, as I can't access the site! I know in Peddardville they were getting ready to storm the one police station, there's that funny firefighters organization that's going to attack a fire station tomorrow (Wednesday), and another zombie group that wants to clear one of the forts (Creedy I think)

pistols.gif

Eddie

I can't access the site right now so I have no idea of what is going on. Should we need to relocate, any ideas where a good place is? If there are really 90+ zombies inc I doubt we will be able to hold them off for long. I'm not going to be the one who runs away and if everyone stays so will I, but as of now I don't even know whether or not we are still alive at all.

I think what we need now is a leader, someone willing to take the responsibility and make some quick decisions. Anyone interested? Harnu maybe?

Who would have thought a simple game like this having such depth. wow_o.gif

From the various websites I've read, the WORST places you can hold up are the places WE think are best:

Police Stations

Fire Departments

Forts & Armories

Malls

places that are Heavily Secured (a sure sign for the zombies something worthwhile is inside)

The best places are:

Hospitals (you may die but ppl ALWAYS come along to heal u and earn their XP)

Junkyards (no door to close, BUT it has a fence and can be barricaded. Once youo make hole in fence though, you can't close it. When site is back up, I wanna see if the "hole in fence" is only visible on the side that u arrived from. THAT woul dbe a MAJOR plus)

Bars (Beer and Wine finds give u 1HP back, sometimes a shotgun pops up- Maybe the programmer saw Shaun of the Dead!wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Eddie

Edit: Chaldecott Auto Repair [64, 34], Randallbank, heavily barricaded

Site is back. I made a trip 5 blocks south to Fennessy Place since someone said the zombies are gathering there. I saw 20 zombies outside and maye another dozen of them in the surrounding blocks. I didn't check the inside, though since I'm low on AP now.

OK guys - Chris Death has entered the building smile_o.gif

I made it into Marshment PD and searched it down

to 15 AP's. From now you can count on my AP's being

spent for our 'Gang' biggrin_o.gif

I entered Peppardville exactly from SW making my way

NW and all i could see was a maximum of 2 undeads in

the same square together - a few squares with single

Zombies, but that was it.

I'll rest a bit now to regain some AP's and then we can

have a party goin wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

For now, we are always alive biggrin_o.gif , no zombies has tried to enter as the barricade level is always the same

Last words

Quote[/b] ] * Raen said "Oi, 92 zombies at Fennessy? Okay folks, screw using that as a fallback point! We'll use Wallis, its probably safer. Medics, keep up the good work. Now I just need to find some blasted shells so I can help defend.." (09-12 08:50 GMT)

* Sardinas said "5 spaces down at Fennessy Place Police 89 zoms inside and 19 outsided" (09-12 08:56 GMT)

* Grisuu said "I just returned from a trip to Fennessy Place 5 blocks south. 20 zombies outside now and maybe half a dozen outside the blocks around. didn't check inside." (09-12 12:19 GMT)

* A flare was fired 12 blocks to the west and 10 blocks to the south. (09-12 12:27 GMT)

* Tom Redd said "Why do i have 7 pistols, and not one can shoot straight?" (09-12 13:04 GMT)

So no news good news ? wink_o.gif

Sanc Tuary has 23 AP for now, always waiting for more in case of a danger.

We are currently 63 inside the fortress

My newest player(SniperUK) is barricaded in Kersley Mansion with 7 other people.

I got 7 AP and no bullets for my gun tounge2.gifhuh.gif

Looks like they dispersed after attacking that PD. They may just try to avoid zombi hunters while they wait for their APs to refill. Well, lets hope they take another target. I've seen some heavily barricaded hospitals on the way (as a scout I could enter them from nearby buildings). Those are probably the safest places - but you can't find any ammo there... sad_o.gif

hah, in my barricaded PD i found 4 pistol clips, 2 shotguns,4 shotgun shells and a Flare launcher, once i have enough AP, ill go to the nearest hospital for some new first-aid kits, adn then.. well..., gonna find some low level zombies to waste my bullets on!  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: how can 92 zombies appear and dissapear in such a short time? i hope they dont go south crazy_o.gif

Latest update on the large horde:

lordofbolid said "more than 100 zombies 5 blocks south"

crazy_o.gif

I just used all my AP searching the surrounding area for zombies and searching the DP for weapons. Found a few pistol clips and shotgun shells but still no shot gun mad_o.gif Now im out of AP so it looks like ill have to sit and wait for the attack! fingers crossed. goodnight.gif

58 people left in the building, it seems since the report of the attack in the south we have some desertion biggrin_o.gif

None has get into the attacked police dept in the south to see how many zombies are always inside, but +/- 20 are reported outside or nearby.

I wonder how many zombies have been killed/revived in the south "accident".

Sanc Tuary is waiting to get more AP , just in case he need to fight or to move away quickly smile_o.gif

If some more people here want to join the "fortress of solitude", it is always in the Marshment Place Police Dept[76, 43] Pepparville

I just noticed on my zombie account that a nice guy revived me smile_o.gif , just after some other people tried to kill me even more than i was.

Sanctu the hopeless and wounded customer is now hiding , alive again, inside the the Attle Building [56, 67] in Shackleville and is waiting for more AP to go to the hospital.

The building there is currently strongly barricaded if someone need to hide in this zone.

Edit : 100 zombies !!!

where are they all finding the time to make such coordinated attacks, i can't even find the time to check if my character is always alive biggrin_o.gif.

Edit : 100 zombies !!!

where are they all finding the time to make such coordinated attacks, i can't even find the time to check if my character is always alive biggrin_o.gif.

For a browser based game theres a good amount of organized groups and hordes. We have over fifty humans it looks like in this building, a good amount have to be checking this out more since 100 zombies are to the south. I think it's fair to say that we're next. But we're barricaded inside a police department, everyone has to be decently well armed. We might have a fighting chance!

I'm keeping at least 20 AP right now, I've got three pistols and three extra mags. Gonna try to balance out the points I can use for searching and the points I can use for defense when those zombies arrive.

Mhm, someone in our hideout (Creedy Way Police Dept

[58, 88] ) said that there were 26 zombies directly SE of us, we have about 30 people in here so we might survive it, but i dont have enough AP to do anyting (1)  huh.gif