Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Urban Dead

No you don't. I've been killed twice, to become a zombie and die as a zombie and I've lost no ExP.

I'm in Brooke Hills outside Swallow Lane P.D. (grid ref. [40, 20]) with 7 other zombies at the moment. If anyone is there abouts and wouldn't mind reviving me I'd be grateful. Just tell me where you'll be and I'll head to you.

Actually I don't mind you hitting me a little for XP. biggrin_o.gif

I'm not that good at roleplaying a Zombie I guess. tounge2.gif

edit: Cracking barricades gives no XP. whistle.gif

All i can say is that several zombies are reading this forum, as they attacked in a group the cinema i was hiding in as i just noticed Sanc Tuary was now undead when logging in biggrin_o.gif

Well, i will join you all in front of The Maine building, hoping for a revive and that no guy with zombie hunter skill will come there.

edit : I noticed the zombi Chris Death in the Dalley library while i was moving to the Maine Building.

Ragnar is now heading north, trough Tollyton to Stanbury Village, and i hope to kill some zombies on the way there  tounge2.gif

EDIT: well, didnt come very far, but killed my 2nd zombie, and im now at 97xp tounge2.gif

AHA! glad i got out of marshment when i could! So guys we need a new safe house, one less obvius then a police station but close enough to loot worthy buildings. Im at 'the steeds building' in heytown at the moment with a few others. its strongly barricaded and not a very obvious hiding place, plus a police station only 3 blocks away. If any one wishes to join me feel free, im planning on looting the police station soon and looking for a few zombies to pop pistols.gif

AHA! glad i got out of marshment when i could! So guys we need a new safe house, one less obvius then a police station but close enough to loot worthy buildings. Im at 'the steeds building' in heytown at the moment with a few others. its strongly barricaded and not a very obvious hiding place, plus a police station only 3 blocks away. If any one wishes to join me feel free, im planning on looting the police station soon and looking for a few zombies to pop  pistols.gif

might try to get there, but thats trough peppardville, and i dont feel like going there for the next few days...  tounge2.gif

anyways, what shall i upgrade first? advanced pistol, shotgun or the free running skill?  smile_o.gif

I guess theys are now on a cleanup op throughout the area. I saw several groups of 5-8 zombies in various places there. Guess they are tearing down the barricades and checking all the houses.

BTW: the only way you actually can loose XP (although no skills you bought) is when you get headshot by a zombi hunter (you must be an undead for this to happen, tho). This sucks imo, but the game's author seems to like it that way, so little chance for a change.

Yeah when I went through peppardale I saw loads of groups going through different buildings and then the main group at marshment pd huh.gif

We need a spy. biggrin_o.gif

Okay boys, you made it into the Wiki:

Quote[/b] ]The September 14th attack on Marshment Place Police Department in Peppardville, where The Many killed more than fifty humans in a night.
 goodnight.gif

Okay, maybe something to note, they say 'in a night' - considering that it was more like noon here in Germany, they are maybe mostly from asia... Maybe something to adjust your playing style accordingly when they are near.

aw just try to connect then

Quote[/b] ]Site unavailable. Too many connections. (We're getting a

lot of traffic from the readers of Boing Boing and its tentacles,

at the moment; it should die down again in a few days.)

If you're not doing anything life-or-death at the moment, give it a

few minutes and come back, or try again at a less busy time of day.

But if you're a survivor and out on the streets, make sure that you get

yourself inside a secure building before you call it a night.

damn sad_o.gif good thing im in a secure building

anyways, what shall i upgrade first? advanced pistol, shotgun or the free running skill? smile_o.gif

Free Running skill can save your life when you are very low on AP.

It saved me from the police dpt carnage depsite i had only 1 AP , as instead of ending in front of the cinema just north of the polic dpt (and so be a 0 AP target of any zombies walking in the street) , i ended inside of the barricaded cinema directly.

It gave me more time to stay alive.

A pity i was not at my computer when the horde attacked the cinema after that (and as i was the only corpse on the floor, it seems the 5/6 other folks that was with me were able to see them coming and ran away biggrin_o.gif ) , i had enough AP to run away when they did.

We need a bot to play for us when you are not at home biggrin_o.gif .

But more seriously Free Running should be one of the first skill to buy in my opinion.

EDIT : I have been revived at the Maine Building, thank you very nice Necrotech guy !!!

Quote[/b] ] * A flare was fired 11 blocks to the west and 5 blocks to the north. (09-14 17:23 GMT)

* A flare was fired 9 blocks to the east and 3 blocks to the north. (09-14 17:32 GMT)

* A zombie extracted a DNA sample from you. (09-14 17:53 GMT)

* Lance Uppercut revivified you with a NecroTech syringe. (09-14 18:06 GMT)

I hope you were as lucky as me and was outside of the Maine Building with me, chance are present that you are revived now.

As there are 18 dead bodies that were not present when i arrived at the Maine Building, i guess 18 other zombies have been revived and are waiting for more AP to stand up.

For now i will not stand up but stay on the floor a while, waiting for the zombies to calm down before standing up and running away with full AP smile_o.gif

We should plan to go in a more western suburbs, on the map as the zombie horde present there seems to busy cleaning Peppardville for a while.

Funny to see a zombi getting my DNA biggrin_o.gif

Don't go to Edgecomb if you're a zombie looking for revival. I've parked out infront of two necrotech buildings now. After a while say "this revive point is closed" with spraypaint, and now in the other one they keep attacking me. Once I get my AP back I'm heading Roftwood

I like the looks of it. It's full of PD's, Fire houses, hospitals, there's a mall, and a bunch of misc buildings like factories that can easily be made safehouses*

Roftwood seems like a safebet, i say we all should make our way to there and find a place to hide thats within a few blocks of the mall and a PD. I suggest the Summer Building [64, 55], or the Wrench Hotel [64, 56]. hopfully theyll be barricaded if not i hope one of us can pick up construction skill by time we get there.

I like the looks of it. It's full of PD's, Fire houses, hospitals, there's a mall, and a bunch of misc buildings like factories that can easily be made safehouses*

the Wrench Hotel [64, 56] looks like a nice safehouse...

well, anyway, tomorrow ill head to Roftwood aswell, i am low on ammo and it has the closest PDs nearby  tounge2.gif

ah, when searching the mall i found a GPS unit, pretty usefull, as it safes my time from looking on the map where i am  wink_o.gif

EDIT: dont try to use a GPS unit, it wastes 1 AP and then it says "The GPS unit is always on, and has no special functions." tounge2.gif

You should have gone to The Maine building as i suggested, it seems a massive revival session has been done there by nice (looking for XP given for each revival biggrin_o.gif) Necrotech capable livings guys.

Roftwood is a bit too near of Pepparville , and noticing the other suburbs attacked by "The Many" , it can be totally in their zone of cleaning.

I suggest something far away in the west part of the map, hoping no other kind of zombies group is going to group at 100 against some survivors biggrin_o.gif

Something like South Blythville , that has lot of good buildings and 4 Necrotech buildings ! (but no hospital)

Or North Blythville with 1 Necortech building and lot of good other ones too (with 4 hospitals)

its true what you said about the many... confused_o.gif

how aboutGatcombeton, 2 police stations, 4 hospitals, 2 malls, but alot of open space where you cannot enter buildings...  confused_o.gif

EDIT: or maybe Brooksville

mhm, there are alot of good places, but for now we need one that isnt going to be attacked by alot of zombies very soon tounge2.gif

well ive manage to reach roftwood. the wrench hotel was wide open but the summer building is strongly barricaded with a few people already inside.

Quote[/b] ]You are inside the Summer Building. The building has been very strongly barricaded. Also here are HunterGatherer, Jurgen Thorwald, Old Joe, mrlee, Chivk.

I met A LOT of roaming zombies in groups of 4's and 2's whiles crossing threw pimbank, like a group of zombies every other square! seems like there scouts to me.

In my opinion a good suburb for livings humans should feature a Necrotech building so we can be revived if some unfortunate accident happen, considering reviving items can only be found in a Necrotech building.

A mall , a police dpt and hospital are other actually very important buildings too (one for finding everything you need if you have the good skill, one for finding ammo even without the good skill, one for healing wounds and get XP from healing other.)

In my opinion a good suburb for livings humans should feature a Necrotech building so we can be revived if some unfortunate accident happen, considering reviving items can only be found in a Necrotech building.

A mall , a police dpt and hospital are other actually very important buildings too (one for finding everything you need if you have the good skill, one for finding ammo even without the good skill, one for healing wounds and get XP from healing other.)

There are two in Roftwood.

i just checked out Dempsey Grove Police Dept a block up from the summers building and theres about 20 odd people held up inside. I used the rest of my AP to search the place and found a clip,flare gun, and empty shotgun. Any way tomorrow i shalnt be staying in the PD again after what happend at marshment PD and with The Many so close by! i think we should all agree on a suburb down south (read in the forums theres less zombie activity down there) and find a safe house that wont attract attention but close enough to loot worthy buildings.

So guys lets take a democratic vote on which suburb we should use biggrin_o.gif

I vote for South Blythville because it has sevral Necrotech buildings, a mall, 3 police stations, a fire station, and many unsuspisious buildings that wont draw attention. wink_o.gif

Edit: Second thoughts...Lockettside seems to be even better because even though its only got 1 necrotech building it has a lot of hospitals, a few pubs, and every other building we need including a mall to!

Zombie tracker seems to indicate its pretty safe too!

I want some zombies around though. Gotta kill something. pistols.gif

I'm in North Blythville, 19 of us in Herbert Road P.D. on another account. From what I've seen of the place so far there doesn't appear to be much in the way of zombie activity here and there are some pretty useful buildings for survivors like Sanctuary said. I may head to South Blythville tomorrow when I have more AP since I'm in need of some items and ExP. If any of you are going to head that way let me know and I'll see if I can join up with you and put these healing skills to use.

I want some zombies around though. Gotta kill something. pistols.gif

The more than 100 horde that is crushing Peppardville isn't enough for you wink_o.gif

But do not worry, wherever you go you will meet lot of zombies soon enough as they will go where livings are to kill them wink_o.gif

Making more XP and so buying more skills before assaulting hordes infested suburbs is a better idea than going unprepared like we did wink_o.gif .

For now, North/South Blythville has my vote for our next QG relocation, the time we can get in a better situation XP wise.

Then after that , we will certainly have some horde attacking there anyways.