Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Urban Dead

Quote[/b] ] I noticed we get a little extra XP bonus for "killing" them instead of just injuring them.

I was wondering that. I'm a little bummed as I got a zombie down to 2 hit points yesterday. I had to let him go though as I had just enough APs left to get back to Fortress of Solitude and get back inside.

If I ever get enough exp to get a new skill I'm torn. I was considering either the melee attack bonus skill or basic fire arms skill. If I do one of those then I'll hit more often and be able to gain exp faster. Now that we have this heavy barricade predicament I'm considering scout ability.

I think the Free running ability is mostly a must have , noticing the amount of heavy barricade there can be on your way just when you are going to run out of AP.

And as staying outside or on a street without AP mean your character death , that skill is certainly one of the primary skill to get for survival.

But it does not help to get more XP , so that's a difficult choice.

If going to weapons, i think about getting an axe.

While dealing less damages than ranged weapons is the best current hand to hand weapon , the primary advantage is that it does not need any ammo, maybe another good skill to get (and certainly why Firefighter can gain XP more quickly than most of the other classes in the beginning of the game)

One of the test character i tried recently, a firefighter has mostly the same % of hit i have with my handgun , but in a day i had more than 20XP from hitting zombies, while only 5 XP after wasting lot of ammo (and missing a very lot).

Quote[/b] ]You are inside Marshment Place Police Dept. The building's doors have been secured

Any word on if the horde is outside!?

Just checked :

Quote[/b] ]The building's doors have been secured

You know what it means ?

A simple zombi with the memory of life can open the doors !

EDit: shooting at a zombi outside, Harr is present

OOPS sorry Harr , you killed the zombie and i shot you thinking shooting the zombie (fortunately i missed biggrin_o.gif)

5 more XP smile_o.gif

Got inside the police dpt again to get more clips (emptied one on the zombie)

Get ready to move people, our building is not anymore barricaded

I will spend the night there to get more AP back, but i seriously consider to move if none has made a "strong" barricade.

Outside with you now, taking down that zombie lol.

Killed it! WOO! lol. I'm gonna move to the armory. Armory heavily barricaded, low on AP. I'm going to stock up and get my AP back, kill some zombies tommorow and try to get free running.

So now that the doors have been secured does that mean I can go outside of the building and get back in again? smile_o.gif

Thanks

Now the big question , staying inside of an unsecure police dpt that could be attacked anytime now or moving to a totally unknown place that could be worse ?

edit :

Quote[/b] ]So now that the doors have been secured does that mean I can go outside of the building and get back in again?

Yes you can, but every zombi that has a specific skill can open the door to any hordes.

So unless someone quickly barricade it again, we are not exactly in a secure place.

Yes you can, but every zombi that has a specific skill can open the door to any hordes.

So unless someone quickly barricade it again, we are not exactly in a secure place.

Ah right, Thanks.

Just a few blocks south at Fennessy Police Dept I just met 23 zombies so ... uhm.. are we safe here? huh.gif

(BTW Im Sargeh ingame)

I just logged on still only doors secured. I only have 9 APs. I might step out side to see if there are any zombies and maybe take a few swings with my good old axe.

Well no zombies directly outside. I'm just going to rest up for the night so I have some APs for tommorow.

I'm going to stock back up on ammo before I head out. Just searched a little bit and now I have four pistols

All hail Armorer Harnu notworthy.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Well, the exact opposite with my fireaxe today - 4 hits in a row! Killed my first undead! Woooo! And I get my skills upgraded. As I was attacking, some fool called IWantToast was PKing me... rofl.gif

Just found a shotgun and a pistol clip in 2 searches (the first time it happen for me , usually it takes me 10 wasted AP points to find a clip)

Good , as my shotgun shells can have a use now, and i replaced the clip unloaded on the zombies finally killed by Harnu earlier.

Enough AP points going up, so they can attack now, i am ready to run... huh... fight i mean.

Edit: how many extra XP you get from 'terminating' a zombie ?

Edit no2 : now "lightly" barricaded, someone is working on upgrading the barricade !

Try to not get stuck outside in the case this one is going to make them heavy again.

I'm not 100%, I think it was an extra 10XP for killing the zmobie...

On an unrelated note, anyone else get PO'd by how many buildings are heavily barricaded? Are they just trying to get the n00bs killed or what?

Thanks for the information.

As i noticed our fortress of solitude went heavy as soon as report about a group of 100 zombies were in the same city block , i think most of the building are barricaded in "heavy" state because of all the rumours "the many" are there "the horde" is here etc...

When it's true it's good , as it take more AP from those huge zombies group to destroy the barricade, but when it is false it can prevent lot of people to come back if they leave.

That could be a real problem for beginner (and lower level in general) as there is a lot of "it looks like a nice" skill to select to advance in XP a bit more (more % of hits, more damages, more search efficiency...) , and only 1 skill allowing you to move in heavy barricaded building.

I'm thinking of starting a guild with my firefighter "Barricade Smashers Local 138" tounge2.gif Hordes of fireman berserkly attacking barraicades... rofl.gif

Hey guys I told my sister about this game and now she is playing. She is playing as a NecroTec Scientist. Well she has found 3 DNA extractors, what does she do with those?

She's trying to make here way to the police department, but it'll take a day maybe two as she's pretty far south.

Any way if you see "Nintonka Bast" guard her with your life or there will be consequences thumbs-up.gif

Hey guys I told my sister about this game and now she is playing. She is playing as a NecroTec Scientist. Well she has found 3 DNA extractors, what does she do with those?

She's trying to make here way to the police department, but it'll take a day maybe two as she's pretty far south.

Any way if you see "Nintonka Bast" guard her with your life or there will be consequences thumbs-up.gif

For future reference so we can make appropriate jokes in the future, how old is she? tounge2.gif

If there's 23 zombies in that PD to the south, I'm thinking we should do some attacking tommorow. I'm low on AP now, but I've maxed my pistol shooting ability. 65%. Only have about 26 rounds left, and maybe a shotgun round or two. Definately some clearing operations around fort creedy as long as zombies are there pistols.gif

Just killed my first zombie 3 blocks south at the carpark biggrin_o.gif

I noticed while I was in the area 3 zombies outside of St Helena's Church and 2 more outside at The Canning Motel.

You move into the same square as a zombie, and you will get the option to extract a DNA sample. Scientists get XP for each different zombie they take a sample from.

heh, im almost in Tollyton, and halway on my way to that police station, killed 1 zombie, and attack another one but i ran low on APs so i ran away  tounge2.gif

right now im hiding in a libraby with 1 other guy  confused_o.gif

Since yesterday I am in this game as well.

The Negrotec Snowbird is in the Merchant Crescent Police Dept

[32, 12] in Shuttlebank and is already fairly good equipped with pistol and several clips.

Pretty quite up here...

The Scout PFC Prowler on the other hand is in one of the PDs in Tollyton. While he already found a number of clips and shotgun shells he still lacks a good weapon. And I certainly do not like what I see when I look south of Tollyton on that Zombie locator  crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Just logged in and saw some chat that there was already an attack of ~12 Zombies on this PD but the other guys were able to deal with them  pistols.gif

Probably time to relocate to the Bunney Street Police Dept

[51, 51] in Stanbury Village with two Arms right next to it - need guns......

Edit: Changed Armories to Arms as of the destination for my scout...

Since yesterday I am in this game as well.

The Negrotec Snowbird is in the Merchant Crescent Police Dept

[32, 12] in Shuttlebank and is already fairly good equipped with pistol and several clips.

Pretty quite up here...

The Scout PFC Prowler on the other hand is in one of the PDs in Tollyton. While he already found a number of clips and shotgun shells he still lacks a good weapon. And I certainly do not like what I see when I look south of Tollyton on that Zombie locator  crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Just logged in and saw some chat that there was already an attack of ~12 Zombies on this PD but the other guys were able to deal with them  pistols.gif

Probably time to relocate to the Bunney Street Police Dept

[51, 51] in Stanbury Village with two Armories right next to it - need guns......

heh, i ran for that fight without knowing it... tounge2.gif

anyway, ill try to make it to 51,51 aswell, i need more shotgun shells and to the norteast, east and south are zombies, so ill never make it to that army base or that big police station  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: ah, that walk is at least 25 blocks, so with a bit of luck that will be tomorrow crazy_o.gif