Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Urban Dead

Site unavailable. Too many connections. (We're getting a

lot of traffic from the readers of Boing Boing and its tentacles,

at the moment; it should die down again in a few days.)<br><br>

If you're not doing anything life-or-death at the moment, give it a

few minutes and come back, or try again at a less busy time of day.

But if you're a survivor and out on the streets, make sure that you get

yourself inside a secure building before you call it a night.

(Eddie says: some big group is on the move, and it's gonna get dirty!wink_o.gifpistols.gif

So here's my main:

Name: Grisuu

Class: Civilian (Firefighter)

Level: 1

Skills: Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe.)

Inventory:

Fire axe (1)

Pair of wirecutters (1)

Flack jacket (1)

Shotgun shell (1)

Shotgun (2)

Bottle of beer (1)

It was a 2 day journey to that place. I traveled from safeplace to safeplace, carefully not to end up in the middle of a zombie crowd without action points. This was my 3rd try at it. As far as the other 2 are concerned...

goodnight.gif

Hehe. I'm now medding for action points and wait for someone to come up with some kind of plan.

About that talking needing action points, sure this is inconveniant,but if you think about it there really is no other way. Imagine this if everyone could talk for free. You log in after work and first have to read through like half a day worth of spam to filter out the important stuff. At least with the current rule people concentrate on the important things. Less spam, less d00d-sp34k is a good thing imo.

Well, Harr has the weapons to get some action, I may have more ammo than available AP. If a horde comes to the PD I'm in they might be in for a little suprise of a barricaded PD with 40 people, probably most of us stocked up from the station. I'll welcome that challenge. biggrin_o.gif

Name: Grisuu

Class: Civilian (Firefighter)

"Ich will Feuerwehrmann werden!" rofl.gif

Ah, memories...

Anyways, I gather I'll be needing some time to get there, as I started in the southernmost part of the city and I'm just starting to make my way north.

Yes Daddl that's how I got that name. biggrin_o.gif

If you traval that far try to plan ahead as good as possible. If you find a well protected place with some people inside try and rest there, even if you still have quite some action points left. You never know how long you need to travel to find the next safe spot.

Spending the night alone and unprotected meant waking up as a zombie every time for me.

Just spent my 30 odd AP to travel from the Marshment PD fortress to the armoury to pick up a few supplies. When i got there there was 22 dead bodys out side crazy_o.gif and about 5 humans already inside the armoury. So i did a bit of searching and found another pistol and 1 shotgun shell. Ive now got 3 pistols all with 3 bullets in and about 2 pistol clips. Also about 5 shot gun shells but no shotgun as of yet huh.gif

Edit: Also any one checked out the Wiki for this? pretty useful info about items and where to find them and stuff on it.

Clicky!

OK, Chris Death started his trip to Peppardville - gonna rest

on halfway with 12 AP's left. Actually i'm in the Moseley building in Stanbury Village.

Unfortunately i'm still on 37 XP's - my last tries of producing

some hash-meat resulted in a big series of 'you missed'.

Here's my Profile:

Chris Death

I think i should be able to reach you guys by tomorow or so

(alive or not alive - we'll see) tounge2.gif

At the mo i'm armed and alive, and looking forward to reach

you like that.

~S~ CD

75 people at Brancker Alley Police Dept [64, 76], Strongly Barricaded!

I'm gonna build up some AP (have 15 now), and then go on a shootout.

I'm in Frossard place PD, with about 50 others, people are talking about an attack by "the many", the streets are quiet of zombies, not a single one to be seen.........i'm locked and stocked, and saving up as much AP as i can......things are getting scary.... huh.gif

My contact info:

Daddl - a firefighter

DaddlZ - a brain eater

Joltan - a Scout

I just donated some money to get rid of the access limitations, but it hasn't been processed yet.

im in the Creedy Way Police Dept in West Grayside with about 25 others, have 1 pistol clip, some first aid kits and a lead pipe. A lot of people are saying things like "i dont like this" etc, but i am out of APs so i hope ill survive this night  biggrin_o.gif

my dude is called Ragnar smile_o.gif

You shouldnt hole up in PDs, all zombies know that loveelyy braaaainnssssshhhhhhh are inss thesss PDssssssssss

(been playing as a zombie for abit)

You shouldnt hole up in PDs, all zombies know that loveelyy braaaainnssssshhhhhhh are inss thesss PDssssssssss

(been playing as a zombie for abit)

was looking for ammo, and then i ran out of APs, ah well, there are enough people to protect me, i hope crazy_o.gif

I took a walk to the armory and noticed it is heavily barricaded (heavily is blocking everyone without the special skill if i remember)

There is more than 20 corpse outside on the floor outside the armory and some zombies in very small group (max 2 undead y groups) lurking in the fort.

there is a group of 4 zombies currently outside of the fort and none in the nearby areas of "our" Marshment Place Police Dept , always in Peppardville

Back inside the police dept and found 2 new pistol clips in 3 more searches (lucky this time, especially after the 10 AP wasted in finding nothing yesterday)

I have :

pistol (1) (i guess that's the number of rounds inside the pistol)

pistol (4)

pistol (2)

6 pistol clips

2 flare guns

4 shotgun shells (but no shotguns, i can try to throw them at zombies biggrin_o.gif)

Should be enough bullet to be able to take out at least one zombie with my 30% of hit.

Too bad it is not possible yet in the game to give objects to other people , as i have 3 pistols it could help unlucky searchers.

And too bad none can get what you drop on the floor too.

9 AP left but will not use them to search anymore, i will try to spare as most as i can to begin the hunt (and with my bad luck, i will need a lot of round and AP to take out one zombie smile_o.gif )

I noticed the Firefighter is a very good class to begin with, i tried one yesterday and nearly killed a zombie with the axe (the Firefighter has an additional 15% to hit with axe, he can hit more time), getting 30 XP in the process.

This mean the Firefighter can get lot of XP in a few time if you are relatively lucky.

For now, what seems to be the most difficult class is the customer , as he has no additional % to hit at start (but will just find more things in mall).

I read somewhere that more is planned for non combat classes so they are not that disadvantaged in term of XP progression.

I have a character in the armory, Im afraid to leave because I can't get back in.  tounge2.gif

good to know it is barricaded, saves me a long, dangerous and useless walk biggrin_o.gif

Talk about frustrating - I was hacking into a zombie with a fire axe, had it down to 5 hit point (2 more hits). Out of 15 swings, only 1 hit!!! Random determination my ass!!! One more hit would have been my first kill, but I ran low on AP to get to safety. Apparently they have had numerous complaints that their random determination is broken... mad_o.gif

Talk about frustrating - I was hacking into a zombie with a fire axe, had it down to 5 hit point (2 more hits). Out of 15 swings, only 1 hit!!!

What is the hit-rate of a fireaxe?

Just interested in the maths aspect. wink_o.gif

My other character, the zombie Sanctu after moving randomly and ending in the St Anselm's Church of Shackleville began to try to hurt someone that was outside of the church building.

As i had lot of AP , i managed to hit him several time , gaining +/- 20 XP .

Then running out of AP, i was stuck there, outside the church building.

Then, a Necrotech guy took a DNA sample while 3 other living guys successively attacked me , the last hit me several time , killed me and "headshoted" me with his zombie hunter skill (making all my XP to go to 0 again argh)

I took a look at the profile of the guy with the hunter skill just to see that some people are relatively high level, poor zombies.

I wonder if finally it is really the livings that are in danger , as my undead character died 4 times in the last 2 day (with 2 times a "back to 0 XP" headshot) due to those evil living roaming everywhere.

Good that my primary character is always with the living, it is more safe there biggrin_o.gif

Well I'm logging on for the day I'm still at the marshment poloce department. Which is your character draco so I can add him to my contacts.

Actually though could some one tell me what the contact list is good for?

Anyway I have 47 APs so Hopefully I can do something. What ever happens I'll end my day in the Marshment police department. Seems like it's become our HQ which is good. I'll probably try to run to the hospital and get some med kits as I have none, maybe try to hurt a zombie, I still have no exp.

*Edit

One of the chat messages said not to trust "GMUFBDude14" and included this link ... http://urbandead.proboards52.com/index.c....6455813

Seems he's a member of some fire fighter cult.

Unlucky for us that the lunatic is in the building with us all. If he does anything strange we should all be prepared to hack him to pieces with our fire axes and riddle him with bullets.

Ok dracon I added you to the list.

I just got 12 exp hacking at a zombie inside the  St Paschal's Hospital [74, 41] about 3 spaces northwest of here. He has 2 hitpoints left. If you hurry you can probably finish him off if any one has any APs left right now. I can't believe it I used up 30 APs attacking him and only hit him four times. I guess that's about right for having only %10 accuracy with the axe.

I left the QG, moved around it to search for zombies too near of us and found a zombi currently at Club Minchington in the very near left of "our fortress".

I shot 6 times (30% of hit) with my pistol at the lone zomie, missed 6 times (damn bad luck is back) , ran inside of the police dpt and reloaded.

Out of AP again.