Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Urban Dead

http://www.urbandead.com

I love zombies so you know I'll love this. It's a pretty boring game when you think about it, but if you can get into it I think it's more intresting than if you just take it at face value. It really reminded me of Nation States. Free, long term, and roleplay and discussion for anyone who likes that.

Give it a shot, read the FAQ before you start (I wish I did...). The gample is pretty slow paced, but it explains the FAQ why you can only do so much at a time. It's pretty fun, and anyone who likes it, maybe we can try to band together within the city and declare some area's ours. Right now I'm hold up waiting for my AP (action points) to return. In a factory in Brooke Hills with a bunch of other humans. Ought to be safe here for a while.

My character (Harr) You can create multiple characters, but they can't work together otherwise you'll get kicked off.

Current "Safehouses" - Marshment Place Police Dept [76, 43]

When I read about it, I thought "yey, sounds cool", looked at the screenshot..... oh sad_o.gif

Might get bored enough one day to play it, but justnow it seems a little boring tounge2.gif (IMO anyway)

- Ben

heh i just played it now, its pretty entertaining for while if your into web browser games of this style (ive played a good few) but this is the first one ive played where you actully move around and attack things. Most browser based mmos seem to be empire managment games, like pimp wars tounge2.gif

But yea, good game! nice find biggrin_o.gif

Ach, laggy as hell.

I had some problems the first time around too with it going a little slow. But now it moves quite well.

i havnt got a proplem at all. Althou i found a nice little bug where i appear to have unlimited bullets. After i wasted my first magazine at a zombie (only hitting the damn thing once) i reloaded and now the bullet count dosent go down at all! biggrin_o.gif

I've got three accounts now, I'll probably drop two of them but for sake of getting used to the game I'm gonna use them all now, just not in conjuction with one another.

I have one person (Patronus <- Will probably become my main character) at the eastern power grid. Harr is near the Zoo. And Harnu (My zombie) is walking around a few burbs south of the Zoo.

Where are you at Murphy?

damn i forgot let me check and ill edit in a min

Edit: Im at the barrow building (near the coy and poulet museums) with 4 other people a pistol with 2 bullets in (hmm looks like there not unlimited after all) and one magazine, with only 4 AP left.

I'm barricaded in the Pers Arms in the Galbraith Hills area.

Fired four friggen shots at a zombie with my pistol and missed sad_o.gif

Damn, you're a good distance from any of my characters. Get a move on, I wont wait long for you! lol. Keep on moving around, we'll try to meet up somewhere maybe

Anyone else give this a try?

Hey, did one of you Goons leave me a message?

Who's El Phantasm?

*edit*

Just made it to Buckmaster Crescent Railway Station. But have to wait 1/2 hour because I ran out of points just before I was to enter it.

Shizzle. At least it's barricaded. I just hope no one decides I'm good pickings for lunch in that time.

That would be me. Just thought I'd say hi in passing. I'm currently in Stanbury Village, on my way to the armoury to see what I can see. pistols.gif

That would be me. Just thought I'd say hi in passing. I'm currently in Stanbury Village, on my way to the armoury to see what I can see. pistols.gif

I'm slowly working my way over to the armory too. Are you going to the one in Fort Creedy as well?

Just started a game as Chris Death;

I'm in Williamsville in the Hurst Square School.

Doors are secured and a guy named Filch is hangin'

around there. I've killed a Zombie inside and put' all dead

corpses out. Though the building next to the left has barricades and is filled with maybe 6 ppl, but i ran out

of AP's and must at least wait a lil bit to earn enough points

being able to enter it.

37 XP's

49 HP's

~S~ CD

just about to go and spend my action points for today. But i thought id post and mention that i found this really neat single player game while looking threw the urban dead forums. Its called 'survival crisis Z', Its a pretty fun open ended RPG/top down shooter. You can choose to work for two factions either the rebels or the swat team or you can stay nutral and take over buildings which gain you money. Or just do missions for survivers held up in buildings to earn cash and buy food n stuff. Its really fun once you get into it.

Linky!

Oh nos! ive forgotten my password and i didnt provide them with an email adress so no i cant log in any more mad_o.gif *sigh* time to start another account

Neat find. Downloading now.

I'm working my way closer to the armory. I tried to move from anecrotech buildting to another. One was fully barricaded I couldn't get in, and another was broken into with a bunch of zombies. I fianally made it out after a horde of zombies took some HP out of me as I passed by. I'm on the eastern border of Roachtown in a barricaded building, but I'm the only one here. The closer I'm getting to this fort the more intense it's getting, wonder if that fort is going to be overrun.

And did you read the new game news? Multi squared buildings are going to be treated as one it seems. That'll be good news once I reach the fort, if it's not taken over that is.

Heh, im on my way to Peppardville fort now, at the moment im held up in a train station in heytown with my new character Shell Shock. This time i started as a cop instead of a soldier. Im hoping ill be able to get in the fort and get some nifty weapons. biggrin_o.gif

Eddie and his brother-in-law can be found at: Ryley Road Police Dept., Brooke Hills, The City of Malton, [42, 26]. Please call before coming by to ensure we are home and so we can clean up for visitors. We'll be moving soon, but with luck we'll find a Post Office with some "Mail Forwarding" forms, so our friends and family will know where to contact us.

Got a flare gun and a pistol, brother in law is a Techie.

I can be found under EddieHaskel (who would've guessed!wink_o.gif and my brother-in-law as Grey Lord.

Oh yeah, might be nice (if ppl wanted to) to post your online name here, so we know when we run across each other. bummer that the chatting thing isn't realtime.

Eddie

I've decided to give this a shot. Name in game is Sputnik Monroe and I'm a consumer, (wanted to be as average as possible).

Harnu you should edit your first post to include a list of all our in game names. That way maybe we can all co ordinate.

I think we should all head for a location in the center of this city, that way every on will be close to an equal distance from it. Perhaps we meet up at Ridley bank?

I've run out of points for the day. I'm barricaded in the Oram Walk Police Department in Gibsonton along with about 40 others. I've accumulated the following items:

-mobile phone

-NecroTech Syringe?

-DNA extractor?

-fire axe

-two flare guns

-shotgun, (no ammo)

ANyone else find it all but impsossible to kill a zombie? I emptied two pistol clips into one, and only mamanged to hit about three times...i log back on the next day and it's killed me...

Where'd u get to clips?!?!?

I found 2 shotgun shells, AND not at the same time!

Eddie

Edit: Just checked in at Urban Dead. SOMEONE came in the Police Station, LEFT the door open, and now there's 4 zombies, 4 bodies, 5ppl innside. DAMN! All I can do now is throw shotgun shells at them! In a half an hour!

yay.gif

Eddie

Sanctu is exploring the city after beginning in front of a mall.

Using his great skill in ... shopping, he found inside of a gun store a shotgun and 2 shells that the other customers forgot to take .

After meeting a zombi some more inside of the mall, Sanctu with his loaded shotgun in hand felt that it was his time to be a hero saving the mall, (with the secret goal to continue shopping).

Bravely aiming his boomstick in direction of the harmless zombi, Sanctu opened fire in a ridiculous stance that none was able to describe, and did not managed to hit the undead happy guy a single time.

With an heroic instinct fueling him, Sanctu decided to run away to the south with his now empty shotgun, screaming of horror out of the mall, while the zombi had not even noticed his presence.

In a hospital that was on his way, and not totally barricaded, unlike some other funny places, Sanctu found a mobile phone like the one he already had in his pocket when arriving in town.

So after this hospital episode, now Sanctu is a totally lost consumer with 2 mobile phone, an empty shotgun and no more money to continue shopping.

Sanctu finally ended inside Karnaus Row Fire Station ( [72, 88] ), somewhere in Scarletwood, a barricaded building where it seems 8 other hopeless guys finally ended too.

But, Sanctu had a plan to get back to the mall, unfortunately it was the time he ran out of Action points, and so he totally forgot what his plan was or where to find again the mall he just left.