Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

SEF_LAV

Semper Fidelis Addons Studio present the LAV Pack!

Quote[/b] ]West/US Marine Corp: Armored/

Woodland camo

LAV-25

LAV-AD

LAV-AT

Desert camo

LAV-25 (desert)

LAV-AD (desert)

LAV-AT (desert)

OD Green camo

LAV-25 (olive)

LAV-AD (olive)

LAV-AT (olive)

West/US Marine Corp: Artillery/

Woodland camo

LAV-M

Desert camo

LAV-M (desert)

OD Green camo

LAV-M (olive)

West/US Marine Corp: Support/

Woodland camo

LAV-C2

LAV-L (ammo)

LAV-L (fuel)

LAV-R

Desert camo

LAV-C2 (desert)

LAV-L (ammo, desert)

LAV-L (fuel, desert)

LAV-R (desert)

OD Green camo

LAV-C2 (olive)

LAV-L (ammo, olive)

LAV-L (fuel, olive)

LAV-R (olive)

Empty/Objects (SEF)/

C2 Tent

LAV01.jpg

SEF_LAV-X_1.0

Readme

You need the SEF_Misc_1.0 to use this addon

BTW: It is a tank class vehicle. That means it move like a tank. It is a engine limitation. The LAV-25 would be possible as car class vehicle but LAV-AD, LAV-AT and LAV-M would be impossible as car class. Cos of unitary i kept tank class for all.

Happy bug hunting/ finding confused_o.gif

You seem sad... This might cheer you up:

YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink_o.gif

Great work, as in the HMMWV pack

smile_o.gif

So many releases biggrin_o.gif , waiting for mirrors, i was thinking the CH53 pack would be the next release but everything SEF is great inlove.gif .

BTW: It is a tank class vehicle. That means it move like a tank. It is a engine limitation. The LAV-25 would be possible as car class vehicle but LAV-AD, LAV-AT and LAV-M would be impossible as car class. Cos of unitary i kept tank class for all.

Why not use MCAR? If there is a future version you have to change this, that would make them absolutely perfect smile_o.gif

Why not use MCAR? If there is a future version you have to change this, that would make them absolutely perfect smile_o.gif

... cos it wouldn´t help. Yeah the weapons would work and AI is able do use the weapon, but not the player. Car class do not allows seperate/ independent optics ... how often i explained that ...

... cos it wouldn´t help. Yeah the weapons would work and AI is able do use the weapon, but not the player. Car class do not allows seperate/ independent optics ... how often i explained that ...

I know it wouldn't have optics but I would have prefered that over a tank class steering vehicle, aparently some people don't agree with me on that confused_o.gif

But with the MCAR compatibility would you need seperate/independent optics? You don't necessarily need a commanders position.

I thought that overall the ONS LAV-25's performed very well. If its optics were combined with MCAR, I would think that their system would perform just fine. Where its hard to get away from the tank class is if you try building a Stryker APC due to the optics limitations on car classes where the gunner is below the turret. This problem is seen on the CROW humvee you guys made.

At any rate, I still hope you guys might still play around with the MCAR option as your LAV's would be VASTLY more realistic if they were a car class.

Nevertheless, excellent job on these LAV's. They look very nice!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i totally agree with ironsight...

besides, most of the time i dont use vehicles, i let AI do that while i run around as a soldier on the ground..

This vehicle also looks really nice and its like desert after the main course which are 50 new humvee models!

But I dont think I will use this addon that much if it turns on the same spot! Like a tank! I know many bugs keeps it from being a car class vehicle.

Ahh I will first try it out, cuz it does look really well!!!

They are great but could use some more work, basicaly the models and most exterior textures look great, the LAV with the C2 tent has a great looking interior but there are some bugs and some interiors dont look very sharp like the instrument panels, one noticeable thing was that in the driver position of the LAV M artilery the driver hatch wont open when you turn out, i also have trouble using the artilery because i cant lock onto any targets (cursor is missing in first person view) and i just cant hit anything with it.

Regarding the tank class i only have to say good job and good choice, so what if you dont see the front wheels turning, its not that noticeable and it behaves alot like a wheeled APC, it works better this way and its MP compatible, i dont think it would be worth going thru all that work just to see the front wheels turning a bit confused_o.gif .

I like the pack alot, just hope to see a more polished version sometime, considering you are the one man mod team you are doing a great work FK, thumbs up and thank you very much for your marines addons yay.gif .

A very nice addon though I hate to admit that I'm greatly dissapointed by the choice to go for tank-class.

I would have loved to give-up some optics in return for

more realistic movement behaviour...

But hey, thats just me..I'm a sucker for eye-candy on the outside...guess that makes me rather shallow wink_o.gif

Speaking of movement,

Added one LAV to desert-Island, gave move wp 50 mtr's up, and got some very funny rodeo-behaviour.

Bug?..tested CBT bradley, VIT btr-80 and none of them copied it.

Semper Fidelis

All the lav's are a little floating in the air (they "fly" at about 10 centimeters of the ground)

it works better this way and its MP compatible

Um, classing it as a car wouldn't have made it MP incompatible... And I disagree, class it a a car, its sucks having it classed as a tracked vehicle, and if you don't make a version thats calssed as a wheeled vehicle then I will.. tounge2.gif

Very nice collection of LAV.

I am not as disturbed by their tank behaviour as i expected to be, it looks very much acceptable in fact, noticing the wheels are slowly turning when rotating help to give a good "feel".

The ability to access optics for each vehicle class is certainly something to request for some BIS next projects, this way no workaround will have to be done by the addon makers to simulate some specific vehicles.

/add the new SEF LAV next to the old TOW AAV7 for some usmc missions recreating some nice situations experienced in WinSP:MBT smile_o.gif

i have tryed them out...

it looks that wheels are little bit small...

but everything looks at least acceptable... wink_o.gif

well, it looks that mortar's recoil is bit too big...

still, nice work FK!

Tank Class???

who was the guy remaking the Suchey and Earls Marines?

He added a LAV too but that didn't moved like a tank...or am I wrong??

Fisch

Nice job on the lav-M. Now all we need to do is change the mortar out for the wgl mortar system and watch out!!!!

Tank Class???

who was the guy remaking the Suchey and Earls Marines?

He added a LAV too but that didn't moved like a tank...or am I wrong??

I think Suchey and Earl made the Suchey and Earl marines....hehe just kidden it was Wilco i think.

but beside the point they only had the lav25 where the gunner is the same height as the 25mm cannon some versions such as the lav-ad and lav-at have the weapon systems different height to the gunner so you get no optics.