Sign in to follow this  
fatcroc5

vietnam maps

are there any vietnam maps that are good? ive made this kick arse mission (based on my invasion mission from 2002) but la drang is a bit dated.

the best ive found is la drang (bundled with SEB nampack2),

and i know about all of HC's maps, but their too open, and laggy in some cases.

ashau map is unplayable, way too laggy for anything help.gif

Ilo Ilo Island by Ebud doesn't really lag, but there is a lot of open spaces

I remember another one with nice rice paddies, A Shau Valley by cj525 (released on ofpec), didn't really lag and was different from the Ashau with dense vegetation + buildings imported from another game you mention (or is that one DAK seang island)

the first version of the Dak seang map was good i thought, the second one was quite a bit different, i didnt think it was as good.

there will be a release soon of a nam map from the unsung mod, but if your having problems running the old ashau map then you will definitly have probs with these new maps. there was a low density ashau map released that one might work for you, the only area of bad lag in the ashau map was the ap bia mtn area (hambuger hill). but the rest should be okay, just turn down the vis...bring in the fog.

good luck. smile_o.gif

Yes, you should wait for the map from Unsung which is supposedly "lag free." It looks really great and I can't wait until it comes out! Listening to the radio now.  tounge2.gif  Looks great, guys! thumbs-up.gif

Meekong Delta is one of the best nam islands imo. It's perfect for boat, chopper and infantry combat due to a wide range of different sceneries. Try that one mate. smile_o.gif

1 word: fog.

OFP cannot simulate real vietnam dense jungles while still maintaining performance. Use fog in your mission, it helps a lot.

Quote[/b] ]if that map is lag free i'm mickey mouse

Wow we have some comedians here icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah obviously it aint gonna be lag free but we are doing our best to try and make it that way. Just lower your viewdistance and put fog up to 0.4 or whatever.

sim

yeah the Meekong delta map is very good I used it extensively when it came out. There are some really great areas for SF missions (around the paddy areas and surrounding mountainous area). It is dated but it will work well with your computer.

Fog makes lag go away ...Fog is your friend thumbs-up.gif

Fog makes lag go away ...Fog is your friend thumbs-up.gif

D@mn right it is! Now here's a guy that understands islands and understands his laggyness or is it laggyless. You should listen to him oh and me, Meekong Delta is the better island for Nam at the moment. Nice river and nice paddy area's biggrin_o.gif

omg who made dak seang confused_o.gif

even with fog to the max im getting 10 fps... what was the man thinking... well detailed tho sad_o.gif

-Pent IV 2.8Ghz

-1500mb ram

-a video card icon_rolleyes.gif

Dak Seang is I find is fine, with fog 0.6, and viewdistance 650.

My machine is an Emachines P4, 2.8ghz, 160GB, 512mb and an ATI Radean 9200.

Quote[/b] ]-Pent IV 2.8Ghz

-1500mb ram

-a video card

sounds like you've got the guts of a kick butt system but one of the big keys is the video card I would suggest a 256 ram card if you can afford it with a high thru put, even though your MB might not be able to use it now your new one will  whistle.gif . Sounds like you might have a 128 meg card with the results your getting from dak seang. Also your agp slot might be old school like mine  sad_o.gif . But as Sim says bring in the fog  that usually solves lagg. if you cann't see it the comp doesn't need to load it.  wink_o.gif