Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Desert FIA

ive just finished adding "bandages" feature to those soldiers

(you can check how it works by downloading my WPS mini mod, link in my signature biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif)

after being wounded and healed by a medic, bandages will apear randomly on arms and legs of wounded soldier.

Why random when you can check where a unit is hit?

yes, as far as i know i can check where unitn was hit via eventhandler

but notice the fact that unit can be hit several times before healed by a medic

those can be grenades exploding near unit, unit can fall from building roof or can be hit by a car

you would have to record all body parts that were "dammaged" and apply bandages on them after healing.

that would need some heavy scripting

and i think its not worth of efford and CPU time ;-)

but thats what i know.

is there other way of doing this ?

I messed a bit with you Jon Doe kit and I did my Desert FIA

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8488/tmdesertfia4lh.jpg

Notice different Camo at legs and at shirts because it is a FIA unit

If you like it I can send you the files

edit:Spelling.... sorry for my English

i was hopping you will make Greek soldier ;-)

thanks for your offer but i would like to stick to one camo sheme.

only soldier using different camo will be spec op, and that will be this sheme:

http://www.phoenix-image.com/lighter....amo.jpg

Yes the eventhandler is much more specific, but a better way to do it is to check right before the unit is healed if 1. ?! canstand and 2. ? handshit, to see if he needs bandages on his arms or legs.

hmmm... didnt know that one :-)

Thanks for the tip Kyle :-)

ADDED:

but whats about situations when soldier was hit in legs but he can still stand ?

well... no reply means probably no solutions

anyway

work is going smooth

tommorow i will probably send models to M.F. for config writting

im not sure wich weapons pack he will pick but i personaly would like to see something that doesnt need jam3, not that i dont like it, i just dont have time to download it tounge2.gif

desf2wh.th.jpg

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2197/desf2wh.jpg

desg8ti.th.jpg

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/702/desg8ti.jpg

I thought i saw something on the hood of those jeeps! hah i wsn't going mad... anyways... very nice pics. Are there going to be any other armored units?

I thought i saw something on the hood of those jeeps! hah i wsn't going mad... anyways... very nice pics. Are there going to be any other armored units?

I believe its a scorpian. And, offtime, no, the only other way would to use a dammaged eventhandler, and then (possibly) use animations as switches. For example, if hes hit in the legs, animate "legshit" to 1, so when hes been healed you know his legs were hit.

Yeah, noticed that too.

What does it mean?

And anyways, good work, this is on my downloadlist wink_o.gif

I think the scorpion is just a fictional emblem same as on the officer's beret.

good touch though.  smile_o.gif

Ah, ok...

And yes, nice little detail smile_o.gif

good job, the short sleeves are an excellent addition, this addon is definatly on my download list thumbs-up.gif

Indeed, the pack does look very nice, especially with the recent additions.

tip:

now is the best moment to bug him about wich weapons pack will he use ;-)

None!

Don't use any weapon pack because most of the people nowdays now how to use the addweapon command and every one can use the weapon they like.

tip:

JAM3 pistols.gif

tip:

¨

Custom? wink_o.gif

JAM3 could be good to smile_o.gif

At the moment, first release will be basic BIS 1.96 weapons. There is a good chance I will also make a JAM3 version, depending on time restraints, which may be released either simultaneously, or a short time after initial release. wink_o.gif

If you dont have enough time I dont mind doing a JAM3 config.

Will these be ECP compatible?

ECP gives default eventhandlers to soldiers ?

if yes, then they wont be fully compatibile

they need to have they own init eventhandler to make Llauma's head work

but making special version of config wich would combine ECP eventhandlers with this one for Llaumas head, shouldnt be a problem

Ya, the short sleeves really make a difference. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Don't use any weapon pack because most of the people nowdays now how to use the addweapon command and every one can use the weapon they like.

That takes waaay to long. You just edit in your own weapons in the config from any weapon pack(s), it takes like 5-10 minutes...and you just have to do it once.

Quote[/b] ]first release will be basic BIS 1.96 weapons. There is a good chance I will also make a JAM3 version

I havent tried the new JAM but I didnt like the original (having the same weapon sounds for different weapons is not my cup of tea)...but again, easy to edit if its not a locked up cpp.

hmmm....

not bad idea would be giving bis weapons possibility to shoot JAM mags

i did such thing in WPS

its all about giving in cpp in magazines line, besides standart ammo, names of jam mags

this way missionmaker (if he wants) only needs to remove and add new magazines.

all weapons from OFPL_weap90 can also shoot jam2 mags.

such half good solution for JAM fans

besides, this way weapons could be "half" compatibile with jam2 and jam3

damn the new jam sounds are nothing like the original i think... this time around you can actually hear the difference between akm and ak sounds inlove.gif and also the svd sniper rifle sound makes the hair on my back twist tounge2.gif

please please make a jam configed version of the troops smile_o.gif

Looking great guys, notworthy.gif

Have you thought about using either the ORCS or RHS weapon packs? Both can use JAM magazines. You could kit out the units with ORCS or RHS weapons, and their respective JAM mags.

That way you'd get top quality East weapons, plus the advantages of JAM3 (High Dispersion, Interchangeability, Recoil, Player decides what sounds to use etc.).

Also, JAM3 has mounted machinegun magazines, with HD variants. These babies were made for your jeep - I've altered the Tonali technicals to use them and they work great. Advantages: sound the same as the hand-held MGs, option for High Dispersion.

Hop on over to the JAM3 thread (top of page 5) for a rough example of how to use them in a vehicle's config.

Quote[/b] ]I havent tried the new JAM but I didnt like the original (having the same weapon sounds for different weapons is not my cup of tea)...

Yep - fixed in JAM3. Most mags now have unique fire sounds, wherever reasonable.

Cheers,

CH

I will say for the initial release it will deinitely be BIS only weapons, but maybe an open source config for peeps who want to modify the weapon loadouts...the main reason is I know that a list of required addons often puts people off new addons.

I'm also hoping to have a small number of missions bundled with the pack too. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm also hoping to have a small number of missions bundled with the pack too.

Does that mean a delay on releasing the pack to make missions now? crazy_o.gif

Why not just release em after when they are done?