Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Desert FIA

Hello,

I am wondering if there would be any community interest in some new desert FIA units? I know there are plenty of middle-east type desert resistance units, but, AFAIK, no one has made and desert FIA troops since SelectThis released those with his desert island. These are great units, but unfortuantely are pre-resistance, and so have no pistol proxies, and also dont untilise the new models included in OFPR.

I was thinking along the lines of Edge's retextured resistance, and his winter versions of same, but in desert camo. For weapons, I'm thinking pretty much plain vanilla OFPR, plus maybe Kegs East Weapons Pack...

Maybe this camo pattern: http://www.phoenix-image.com/lighter....ipe.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am happy to lend any spare time I have to this project. If it helps, SelectThis gave me permission to update his units a while back... My texturing and modelling skills are virtually nonexistant, but I can muddle my way around a config... wink_o.gif

I took Edges winter pack when it came out, and made the winter into desert FIA camo.

It looked great but my HD got a virus and I lost it all. tounge2.gif

My point is though that the Edge style FIA camo in desert looks pretty darn good rather than going with another pattern.

give me 4 days

and he will knock to your doors with his friends

i must think about backpack and some pouches.

Here's the basic unit list I'm thinking of:

Desert AA Soldier

Desert AT Soldier

Desert Engineer

Desert Grenadier

Desert Machine Gunner (PKM)

Desert Machine Gunner (RPK-47)

Desert Medic

Desert Officer

Desert Officer (Night Equip)

Desert Saboteur

Desert Sniper (Remington)

Desert Sniper (SVD)

Desert Soldier (RPG-7)

Desert Soldier

For the snipers I would say a boonie hat or cap - who'se gonna wear a ski-mask in the desert? tounge2.gif

I love the night cap on the guy. I suggest for the ammo pouches adding ones similar to the russians.

Like this:

Magazine Slots

|     |    |    |

V    V    V    V

[ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  

[ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]

[ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]

=====Belt====

Then some nades clips arround the belt and for the mg guy belts of ammo wrapped arround his chest.

pouches should have same pattern as rest of uniform or something different ?

desjon22aa.jpg

why not try with plain OD green puches?

that would look like this:

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7734/desjon38ak.jpg

wow holly molly that's great, I love the quality of your addons great work.

For a desert FIA i was thinking more of something like the Afghan nothern alliance or something like the kurdish fighters both of which have some sort of regimental organisation and can have some sort of armour organisation

why not try with plain OD green puches?

that would look like this:

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7734/desjon38ak.jpg

wow holly molly that's great, I love the quality of your addons great work.

For a desert FIA i was thinking more of something like the Afghan nothern alliance or something like the kurdish fighters both of which have some sort of regimental organisation and can have some sort of armour organisation

Hmm, that would kind of defeat the purpose of a desert FIA...like I said, there are plenty of middle eastern type desert "resistance" addons...

looking great offtime biggrin_o.gif

think u can make a nogova resistance skin out of them aswell? wink_o.gif

For weapons, I'm thinking pretty much plain vanilla OFPR, plus maybe Kegs East Weapons Pack...
Make that JAM3 and I'm all for it yay.gif

For weapons, I'm thinking pretty much plain vanilla OFPR, plus maybe Kegs East Weapons Pack...
Make that JAM3 and I'm all for it yay.gif

Aye, JAM3 with reg and HD weapons wink_o.gif

Looking good. Any chance of some slight variations, like a unit with a cap instead of a boonie, one with no hat, one with a helmet, a black beret for the officer etc...also, maybe a bullet belt across the shoulder for the MG unit, a grenade vest for the grenadier...just a few ideas if it's not too much work wink_o.gif

As for the weapons, there could be two configs - one JAM3 config, and one "plain vanilla" config using only OFP:R weapons. I know for a fact not everyone likes to use JAM, so it would be nice to give people the choice. wink_o.gif

i wont make ammo belt for mg gunner

setting selections to make belt work propertly with anims is impossible, for gunner i will just give big bag for pk mag.

similar thing with vest, im experimenting with this model and so i didnt have yet good idea for vest, i hate animations based on selections.........

but things like different head covers shouldnt be a problem

maybe backpack or something

i also want to implement bandages like in WPS mini mod.

il try to send you, this weekend, ready models for config writting.