Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Opera without ads

This offer is only open for about 8 hours more so you better

hurry if you want a version of Opera without ads for free.

Since Opera is 10 years today Opera Software decided that

they should give all those who registrer a free version of Opera, a version without ads and so on.

More about it here:

Link

Reg. link

I just downloaded it and I think it's nice without those damn ads.

Top bananna col, you are now officially my hero. Sorry Ex-Ronin. inlove.gif

*Hugs ad-less Firefox*

Without, erm.. insulting Opera users, the extra features seem a little useless, and could get annoying, espiccaly things like holding the right-mouse button, and going down the menu, and it doing something, shortcuts like x to go back etc..

Doesn't seem like anything that isn't hard to do with a 5 button mouse/keyboard (Two side buttons do forward back, left/right do normal clicky things, middle does scroll-wheely-stuff and clicking it does the continual scrolling thing)

But who am I to question it when I've never tried it tounge2.gif

....*hugs firefox again* tounge2.gif

- Ben

Oh, the things like IRC etc are avalible in the Mozilla Suite, and anyting that isn't in the browser is normaly avalible via pluigins..</FirefoxAdvertising> tounge2.gif

Firefox is the better version of IE.

Opera is the better version of Netscape, it's all a matter of prefrence.

"it's all a matter of prefrence.", ye, very true icon_rolleyes.gif

I still don't like the fact, by default, you get adverts in websites, AND in the browser.. crazy_o.gif

- Ben

*Hugs ad-less Firefox*

Without, erm.. insulting Opera users, the extra features seem a little useless, and could get annoying, espiccaly things like holding the right-mouse button, and going down the menu, and it doing something, shortcuts like x to go back etc..

Doesn't seem like anything that isn't hard to do with a 5 button mouse/keyboard (Two side buttons do forward back, left/right do normal clicky things, middle does scroll-wheely-stuff and clicking it does the continual scrolling thing)

But who am I to question it when I've never tried it tounge2.gif

....*hugs firefox again* tounge2.gif

- Ben

Oh, the things like IRC etc are avalible in the Mozilla Suite, and anyting that isn't in the browser is normaly avalible via pluigins..</FirefoxAdvertising> tounge2.gif

That's why you can turn off the extra features.

Personally, I just grabbed a browser when I finally got sick of IE. Opera was the first one I saw so I took it. Never had a problem. Firefox or Opera, dosn't matter.

This is the 4th "tabbed" browser i finally installed.

And as i used it since yesterday after carefully configuring it to disable all those useless options and java/script support like i did for Firefox, i found it as nice as this one.

Firefox and Opera now that i have it ads-free are both very good browser.

Proxomitron is very nice with both of them though smile_o.gif

I have a bit of preference for Firefox, but that's only because i am more used to it. Let's see what i will think in one month after using both.

I personally prefer firefox because of adblock. Especially after those jamba flash ads with sound featuring everybody's favourite frog. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Top bananna col, you are now officially my hero. Sorry Ex-Ronin. inlove.gif

I was your hero huh.gif

confused_o.gif

band.gif

End of the line, no more reg. codes to get.

You might just close the damn thread now wink_o.gif

Top bananna col, you are now officially my hero. Sorry Ex-Ronin.  inlove.gif

I was your hero huh.gif

confused_o.gif

band.gif

[offtopic]Yes was!!111! as in past tense. muhaha. 2nd in the league!!!11!!! biggrin_o.gif