Sign in to follow this  
bored_onion

Shadows of the Motherland

SotMSig.jpg

<span style='color:red'>Shadows of the Motherland</span> is an all-new single player campaign for Operation Flashpoint. It has 20+ missions with many fully voice acted cutscenes (featuring almost 500 recorded sounds), custom music and an engaging storyline:

"The year is 1988 and you are Captain Leon Yesenin assigned as part of a NATO peacekeeping force on the island of Nogova following internal instability. It has been three years since you defected into the US Army from your Soviet Spetz Natz division and three years since you have seen your old friend, and former comrade in arms, Alexei Tupilov, who you know moved to Nogova after the events that forced your transition. Little do you know that your experiences on this island will reveal new truths about your friendship with Alexei and about the events that forced your separation and defection. Once again you will be cast underneath the shadows of the motherland." --- Quote from the official website

The first full beta version of the campaign is now available. More details about the project can be found at the official website and an exciting new <span style='color:red'>promotional video</span> can be found by following this link. This thread will be updated with news as and when it is available.

<span style='color:blue'>Latest News:</span> Shadows of the Motherland now featuring on the front page of the OFPEC news section (added 1st September)

Shadows of the Motherland has been released! Get the latest version HERE and all replies are welcome in the beta testing thread at OFPEC

Great!!! I'll love it!

Very-very impressive trailer!!! Congrat!

But the website doesn't work. I see a blank page.

The link is OK. Your html downloaded, but I see nothing. If I view the page source, I see your HTML code, the frameset and everything, but in my IE6 doesn't see anything. sad_o.gif

Oh my God! Microsoft banned the freewebs.com... In my explorer I foind a restricted list.... banghead.gif

Now working. Sorry!

That looks interresting. I'm looking forward to this.

The end of the promovideo was a bit funny. tounge2.gif

pretty impressive ! thumbs-up.gif

cant wait to play it biggrin_o.gif

true, i hadnt made this clear in this thread but there is a link to the relevant download in the OFPEC beta testing thread - where comments are very much welcome.

I just got an e-mail about it this morning and I've spent most of the day playing through it. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have to say its great overall but there are a few problems.

First off the beginning cut-scene seems just a little long, and second of all I'm getting tremendous amounts of lag (but thats probably more of an issue of my playing this with the Y2K3 mod).

Other than that its great... One of the best campaigns I've played on OFP biggrin_o.gif

Although I'm still wondering why I got that e-mail? Did I sign up for something I don't remember signing up for? confused_o.gif

we had a mailing list for a newsletter on the site and we sent an email to all those on the list. i reckon thats where you signed up.

very pleased you are enjoying it. we are aware of some little bugs but we would greatly appreciate a few details of things which are going wrong. if you could, then please give us a little more information so subsquent versions can be better biggrin_o.gif

thanks a lot! smile_o.gif

Oh OK... Well maybe I did. huh.gif

But I'll play a few missions more and I'll get back to you about the bugs. I havn't had much time to play today. sad_o.gif

thanks we look forward to it.

a reminder to everyone that all comments are extremely welcome, as we have had quite a lot of downloads so far but not a great deal of feedback.

cheers tounge2.gif

Download links not work! NEMESIS6 MAD! NEMESIS6 DESTROY!

Anyway, the links don't seem to work.

are you talking about the links to the download page from here or the mirrors? the former seem to work fine for me and if you cant get one mirror to work then try another.

keep trying and you should be able to get it working

cheers biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]addon-free campaign   no need for addons when there are replacement mods out there  

This is the future of OFP. Pity certain other missions still require so many addons.

Quote[/b] ]addon-free campaign   no need for addons when there are replacement mods out there  

This is the future of OFP. Pity certain other missions still require so many addons.

I disagree entirely. But meh, we all have our opinions. Looks good anyway, I've been keeping up with your site. Gonna try it out soon as I get chance. smile_o.gif

Download works fine for me !

BTW, quite a nice video. Too bad we see some visual glitches sometimes due to your graphical settings...

Gonna try the campaign as soon as it finishes DL'ing!

Missions and campaigns are what OFP needs most. Thanks...

first of all my respect to this outstanding work !

i loved every second playing it. Shadows of the Motherland is with the best campaigns out there for me !

as my tribute three cool screens from playing.  thumbs-up.gif

09.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

note that the campaign requires the editorupgrade102.pbo addon

so far, this campaign captures the true spirit of OFP  notworthy.gif

massive groups of units on patrol, helicopter creating an eerie atmosphere, convoys moving around = thumbs-up.gif

I would like to express my gratitude to the makers of this campaign

I have been playing it for two months now and still can't get enough of it

I am playing this with DMA Army Pack Replacement Mod and ECP - near the end, it's a total inferno I have never experienced before

this campaign is truely OFP at its best notworthy.gif