Sign in to follow this  
bored_onion

Shadows of the Motherland

I`ll give it a try. Sure this is very interesting, it is addon free and can be used with the different ffur mods, and any other full conversion mod. smile_o.gif

Edit:

After playing the first missions i confirm that this is the best campaign ever made for OFP. It works with the ffur desert mod without problems, so i`m sure it will work with any other mod.

Great work, thanks for that. thumbs-up.gif

meeting between Guba and a DMA Army Pack unit (click to enlarge)

sotm114ir.th.jpg

the contrast makes it clear that Guba's Cold War Crisis uniform needs an update (as well as the interior decoration)

are there island replacements packs that update buildings?

Hi,

nice campaign so far. But it seems i've got some problems in the "Last Stand" - Mission, orders are simple: defend the evac zone until all NATO personal has left the island... .

I've fought of the first wave and began retreating to the minefield, under heavy fire from advancing enemy units i made my way down to Modrava. Once reaching the outer limits of the city i'm getting told that there are only 10 minutes left until the last evac leaves, shortly before i reach the evac-zone another message tells me that i should go to the evac-zone now or it would be too late.  But once i've reached that spot i can wait for ever and no damn chopper comes to pick me up, there's also no other message that it is already to late and they left without me, i could just wait there forever.   banghead.gif  banghead.gif

First of all I' ve to say "Great campaign". Other question : Are we allowed to test and rate the mission on our database? This campaign looks quite interesting to us and it could easily get a high rating. Moreover there might be more than 340 ppl. that visit our page every day that might have some need for "good and Addon free campaigns" like yours.

OFPMDB WEBSITE

Regards

Vyruz

Congratulations! Very professional campaign you have here. Everything is top notch. biggrin_o.gif

I don't know if its a bug, but in the first mission, Alexy wouldnt follow my orders anymore. After I blew out the station. Maybe because after dieing so many times, I decided to shoot the tank commander, and gunner and force the driver to eject? Then take over the tank and play rambo style, disrupting the way it was meant to be played. Because at the end, the mission wouldn't end, so I had to use endmission cheat.

hey ! i'm stuck in the second mission , the escape from prison, the soldiers always kill me ! i am suposed to be a speznatz , some kind of indestructible russian rambo , then , why can't i kill a punch of rookie soldiers ? crazy_o.gif i am the shame of the mother russia confused_o.gif arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghhh !

very nice campaign , but difficult , dificult.... biggrin_o.gif

Uhmm, I thought that was one of the easier missions. If you think thats hard, the 2nd mission that follows is INSANE. Its one of the hardest missions I encountered in ofp, and the enemy AI are very well scripted. Also Im using ECP, so maybe the AI reacts differently?

a tip for that mission dont stand up knock out the guy take his weapon and dont stand up crawl around the dooe and open fire on that guy and slowly crawl and take out all the guys

Great campaign guys

I found this campaign's overall difficulty as moderate (enjoyable), and the second mission is not that hard, IMHO any averagely 'trained' OFP player should dealth with it without many problems (as 456820's tips suggesting).

Otherwise nicely made campaign, one of my favorites.

The link for download is obviously broken ... anyone to provide us with a working link please ? help.gif

I just went to the website, the link is here on first page, the link for download worked, but the download provider said the service is temporarily disabled, or something like that. I just got this mission last night, but I cant remember where I got it from, was prolly from the website link tho, as the link showed purple when i just visited it (indicating id already used it before). Almost every campaign ive download last 2 days ive had to hunt down functioning links lol, like retaliation, the provided dwnld mirrors where like 6 of em, only one worked for me. A web search of the campaign name plus ofp has helped occasionally too.

Maybe someone can be more specific for you that knows of a link that works for sure, gl.

Filefront download link works, if one download server in there isn't working click one of the others smile_o.gif

I'm pondering the ways to finalize the mission where you need to fend off enemy prior to hasty evacuation ("Rescue"?)

it's the exact location where you re-invade Nogova in that other fine mission "Foothold"

Upon arrival in Modrava's port area, there's a helicopter hovering there but when I approach it, it flies away. the same seems to happen to the boat (in nautical terms of course).

am I just too late or too early? Do I need to fight off some further enemies?

the trigger indicating the evac zone shifts 700 meters along the coast, but the Helicopter landing zone is clearly near the harbour

Im playing the WGL version, and i'm somehow to dumb to manage the stealth mission at the beginning...

Any help? tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Regards, Christian

I download this campaign,but after ist mission when i destroy fuel depot and return to russian base.than a cutescene goes on in kokugjev and my game crash.help me is this a error.

@Riffleman;

It looks like editorupdate102 is required, make sure you have this addon installed.

@Zulu

Its work,

i always stuck with editor update,they are many in number.is there a editor which meet all editor requirements.

i am playing that shadows of motherland,i reach at the mission last stand,whenever i get into chinkook than chinkook not move and i did't find mission end help,

Edited by riffleman
info

Sorry to post to old thread but:

Download links are down. File is unavailable here. WHERE to get this campaign.

To Walter at post #42 :Link working. Many thanks for that.

It's the main download link that is down here.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

i recently formatted my system and by mistake deletes this campaign:mad:,can anyone upload this one somewhere?:rolleyes:

To keep people informed, many of the old OFP campaigns can be found on ARMAMDB.com, including recently requested SoTN.

Because of a personal request:

Shadows of The Motherland

thanks alot friend.:)

To keep people informed, many of the old OFP campaigns can be found on ARMAMDB.com, including recently requested SoTN.

now i know about this site too.:rolleyes: