Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Suicide animation

This might sound a bit bizarre, but I'm looking for some kind of suicide animation, that would make a unit put a gun to it's head...it's for use in a mission idea I had.

I'm assuming that if such a thing was to be made, you would need a different animation for pistols and rifles.

So basically, does such a thing exist, and, if not, would anyone a bit more skilled than myself in using animation tools be interested in creating this?

TIA - Fubar

i think i remember some script at OFPEC where it would make a unit play the saulte animation and some how setpos the gun in the position of the hand and then the unit drops dead. Not completely sure if i was dreaming it or its real tounge2.gif

Yeh, I remeber that from ages back, don't think it was made

I did wonder, if mainly because when running with the new animation pack, the gun's barrel does get close to the persons leg, if I fired at the right time would I shot myself in the leg tounge2.gif

Anyway, anyone who's half-decent with animations coiuld put the two animations together easily enough. Only thing, I'm not sure if a bullet from the units own gun could acctual dammage/kill the unit.. If not, you'd need to add an event-handler, that kills the unit.. Not ideal, but it'd work

Just need to kidnap an animationer and it'll be easy enough smile_o.gif

- Ben

If someone is making suicide animations can someone also make a suicide bomber animation i.e. someone using a trigger and self detonating

If your running in ofp and you shoot towards your feet you do kill yourself..

and that salute script is at ofpec i think.. but i cant get there sad_o.gif

there was a nice anim pack on ofp info few days ago,

link to anim pack

by medvezh, wich has some quite cruel anims in it, one called backhit, has shock shaking arms, i wasnt sure if it was gfx bug or wanted by author, so i wrote mail and asked, he made it and he had the idea from saving p ryan, i knew i had seen it like that before smile_o.gif

Seems to be the right guy for the job, answered my mail in less then a hour, so hes intrested in community questions, try it, think he will do it. Hes macabre enough to do it right.