Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

JAM3

Hi Guttersnipe,

Quote[/b] ]FFUR Euro, with SJB weapons...installed JAM3 (fixed/patched to latest version)....no longer get any 203 grenade/russian equivalent explosion sounds (the launcher reload/empty click work fine though). I've unpbo'd all three of the relevant files and the sounds seem to be there. Anyone any ideas how to fix/work round?

Hmm, strange. JAM's 40mm grenade ammo inherits its explosion sound from the base config class "Grenade".

In the BIS config for example, grenade soundhit ={Explosions\expl3,db20,1}. A config mod can of course change this to another sound, and any addon inheriting from the base class will inherit that new sound. I can't figure out why this isn't happening for you - probably best to ask TB84.

Are you hearing the fire sounds? These are hard-coded in the JAM config, and shouldn't be affected at all by a config mod:

M433: sound[]={"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\M203Fire.wss

M433 vest/belt: sound[]={"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\M203_FireVest.wss",0.000316,1};

VOG25: sound[]={"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\GP30_Fire.wss",0.000316,1};

VOG25 vest/belt: sound[]={"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\GP30_FireVest.wss",0.000316,1};

Cheers mate,

CH

Hello!

I have problems with getting JAM to work with ECP.

I copied the files JAM_Magazines.pbo, JAM_Sounds.pbo and JAM_Vehicles.pbo into /res/addons and into @ECP\Addons but i cannot hear the new sounds. Just the standard ECP sounds.

Have I done something wrong. What else can I try?

Thank you for help smile_o.gif

Make sure that your using the JAM weapons and that it is loaded with JAM mags as it doesn't just replace the BIS weapons. Also, if its in your res addons, it shouldn't need to be in the ecp addons. (Read about mod folders for more info)

Hello!

What are JAM weapons? I thought that all the needed files are in the JAM core (13,3 file)?

I thought that all i need to do is copy the files in the addon folder. With JAM 2 and ECP it worked like this.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Nightkin,

Quote[/b] ]What are JAM weapons? I thought that all the needed files are in the JAM core (13,3 file)?

Yes, you have absolutely everything you need in that 13.3mb .rar file. thumbs-up.gif

* I think you might have an old version of JAM_Magazines.pbo and/or JAM_Sounds.pbo hiding in a folder somewhere.

1. First, I'd search my whole OperationFlashpoint directory and delete all copies of these two files.

2. Then, from the 13.3mb JAM3 download, just place JAM_Magazines.pbo, JAM_Sounds.pbo and JAM_Vehicles.pbo in your Res/Addons folder, or in a modfolder of your choice.

However, if you put them in a modfolder (like @ECP), don't have them in the Res/Addons folder too. This will cause you problems, as the addons in Res/Addons are always loaded.

Quote[/b] ]i cannot hear the new sounds. Just the standard ECP sounds.

As cobra@pulse said, the sounds are only used by weapons that fire JAM magazines. They don't replace BIS sounds.

* Most popular weapons packs can use JAM magazines (eg. RHS, SJB, Laser), but will fire their own magazines by default. Exceptions to this are all BAS weapons and PUKF's rifles, which only fire JAM magazines. If you have a play with the following addons, you'll be hearing JAM sounds:

BAS Delta/Rangers

BAS Tonal/Tango pack

BAS Tonali Special Forces

PUKF DPM pack

Or, just try out the "JAM Sound Demo" mission in the editor.

Cheers mate  wink_o.gif

CH

Quote[/b] ]This sounds very much like when my video card gets too hot.  I will still hear sound, but everything freezes and I have to reboot.

That might be the cause, thanks for letting me know. I have been now doing extensive stresstesting and found no problems anymore since I checked my video card for cooling, must have been something wrong there.

My apologys for JAM3 team for suggesting that it might be JAM3's fault.

I know that JAM3 is backwards compatible, but its got some neat things like the CAVS and BIS vehicles made JAM compatible, if I understood correctly, even the tanks have new armor values to suit the CAVS(?). So I'd like to have all my existing JAM2 missions to be converted to fully support JAM3, meaning a BIS T72 would be replaced by the JAM3 new CAVS version. I'd like to know has anyone done a BIS/JAM2 -> JAM3 conversion guide?

Heya mate,

Quote[/b] ]I know that JAM3 is backwards compatible, but its got some neat things like the CAVS and BIS vehicles made JAM compatible, if I understood correctly, even the tanks have new armor values to suit the CAVS(?).

The version of JAM_Vehicles.pbo that was in the original JAM3 download just had standard BIS armour values, but the CAVS team found it a convenient way to try out their values, and Termipete knocked up a CAVS version. It's only a tiny file and can be downloaded from the CAVS Homepage.

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to know has anyone done a BIS/JAM2 -> JAM3 conversion guide?

Not really. There's not really any need to convert any JAM2 missions as all the mags etc are still there. There are only 2 possible issues:

1. The JAM_CAVS AT rounds aren't carried by the old JAM2 AT units. We left those units exactly as they were and "hid" them in the mission editor. If you wanted to "upgrade" a mission that uses JAM2 AT units (or units using JAM2 AT ammo eg. the BAS Tonal/Tangos), you'd have to either change the classnames of the units themselves, or rearm them with the new JAM AT launchers and ammo. The readme will give you all the unit, weapon and ammo classnames needed here.

2. JAM3 increased the muzzle velocities of all assault and sniper rifle "SD" mags to the realistic speeds of standard supersonic ammo fired with a suppressor. This makes them better to use at range, as you don't get the very arced trajectory of JAM2. They are also a bit more powerful. However, they're also a bit less stealthy to take account of the supersonic "crack" such ammo generates - extreme stealth missions might get a bit more difficult.

The JAM2 values for SD mags were preserved in a new set of "SUB" mags, that simulate subsonic ammo. So, uber-stealth is still possible at the expense of long range performance and power. This is more something for addon makers to be aware of than mission makers, as all currently available addons such as BAS, Laser and Jackal's rifles only use the SD mags and are thus supersonic by default. Rest assured, the next releases from Laser and Jackal will be compatible with both supersonic and subsonic ammo. Missionmakers might want to add both the "SD" and "SUB" classes of mags to their description.ext, so the player can load up for all eventualities wink_o.gif

As far as converting vehicles goes, there's a list of classnames in the JAM3 readme. I'd have a good look round the CAVs site, and also through the CAVS thread  here. A very promising project.

Cheers,

CH

I was wondering how to change the models that JAM uses. I know most of the models are the original BIS ones, except where there was no orignial eg AT4.

For example, I changed the config to this...

Quote[/b] ]class JAM_AKM: AK47

{

scopeWeapon = 2;

scopemagazine = 0;

picture="\dtaext\equip\w\w_ak47.paa";

reloadMagazineSound[]={"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\AK47Reload.wss",0.010316,1};

displayName = "AKM";

model = "\RHS_Weap\AKM.p3d"

modes[]={"Single","FullAuto"};

magazines[]={"JAM_E762_30mag","JAM_E762_30HDmag","JAM_AKMmortar"};

but it doesn't work. confused_o.gif

Hi Chops,

Quote[/b] ]I was wondering how to change the models that JAM uses. I know most of the models are the original BIS ones, except where there was no orignial eg AT4.

With the exceptions you note, the models (and optics) are inherited from the relevant BIS classes, rather than specified. Whatever weapon model the main OFP config uses, the equivalent JAM weapon will also use.

So, the easiest way to get a sexy JAM_AKM is to just run a config mod like FFUR, EECP, Y2K3, or InqMod (still a great, memory friendly mod), and you'll get whatever model the mod uses. Don't like that one? Try another mod!

The same applies for the unit & vehicle models. Give it a try and see.

One of the goals of JAM3 was to make it as "transparent" as possible to config mods.

Cheers bud,

CH

Thanks SelectThis! Your single keystroke of wisdom has opened new doors!

Gday Cornhelium,

I always like to figure out how to do stuff myself, even the little things. OFP is a bit like playing lego as a kid, just cant stop messing around with this and that. I'm right into ECP presently, so replacing models within JAM works well. Im going to have a crack at replacing all JAM weapons used by JJR's and DMA's middle eastern rebels, ie the AKMs, PKs and so on.

Thanks a lot for your help and for your great work with JAM3 too thumbs-up.gif

Hi

Do you have in plan to update JAM for ARMA

If you do so, can you add TOW, ICP, HKpack, RHS, LSR, BAS ; JAM missing weapons, launcher & Mag in one big JAM_MAGAZINES full standardized pack ?

Gun

ICP : ak47, aks47, rpk47, pk, pkn, svdn, akm, AKMPBS1, akmnb, akmgp, akmsgp, AKMSGP25PBS1, SVD63, SVDcamo, AK74NSP, aks74, aks74gp, aks74u, AKsubgp...

RHS : AKS74PBS3, AKS74PSO1, AKS74PSO1GP25, AKS74PSO1PBS3GP25...

LSR : AK101 to AK107

KEG : AK100 to AK107

TOW : FNC, PSG, SG551, M14, M21, M24

Launcher

ICPRPG2, ICPRPG7, ICPRPG7V, ICPRPG16d, ICPRPG18, ICPRPG_18, RHS_RPG22, ICPRPG26, ICPRPG29,

Thanks

Well... don't quite know what you're trying to say. Few of the guns mentioned are JAM-compatible AFAIK (RHS and ORCS stuff). Just to make sure you know, mag compatibility is defined in the weapon config...

If you're wanting to have those 'lil thingies implemented into JAM, well... totally out of my range. Permissions to the guns and all that stuff. Plus having "few" new models might have a "nice" effect on the pack size, especially since most use or can use JAM anyways and are available in a separate pack.

For ArmA... dunno. The weapons might look a tad out-of-place, plus might have to be recoded/remodelled a bit. ArmA does define the gun properties (not mag dependant) mostly in the gun AFAIK, which might give some nice results though.

For me I wouldn't choose the Repeaters they don't sound as good but the rainbow soundpack and my own personal one are my favourites.

As for a conversion to ArmA people are thinking about standardising magazines etc. But the request you made was to convert several authors work to ArmA for it. Also the ICP RPGs have issues with being overly powerful.

Helping_Hand

Is your personal one part of UCS Mercenaries in some way - otherwise I wouldn't know how to find it?

The links given in the first post of this thread (Flashpoint.RU, OFPEC and RapidShare.DE) have all expired.

Personal meaning private wink_o.gif It's pretty much sounds from other addons and games I cobbled together that I liked.

I'm sure if you asked someone nicely they could upload it for you out of the own addon folder.

Of course, excuse my manners, posted whee in the early hours of the morning and was totally exhausted.

General message going out to the OFP community, could someone please upload the relevant stuff if they have it? Thanks in advance. smile_o.gif

In the readme it says that you should put the JAM files into your addons folder or specific mod folder. Is it possible to create JAM as a modfolder then simply load it up with whatever other mod I want?

You could just add it to your OFP addons directory then it is always going to be there.

However if you want to make a mod folder just make one called JAM or something then make a folder within it called addons and put the JAM .pbos in there and then your good to go.

ok does any one have a dl link to the rainbow pack just put old OFP back on comp and would love to have this pack the links are down on this thred sad_o.gif

Full, fixed JAM3 & Community Soundpack (13.5mb) Updated 29th December 2005 - thanks Sanctuary for hosting.

JAM3 Fix, updated 29th December 05 (2.9mb) If you installed JAM3 after 3rd September 05, you can just download this fix and use the new JAM_Magazines.pbo and Readme.rtf to overwrite the .where are these file 2nd file is nowhere i see.

Error while playing with jam3 in mission. 'config.cpp/cfgvehicles.JAM_ReammoBow2HD'

WHAT THIS mean tell me.

If anyone know i.

Edited by tiket
@