Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

JAM3

jam3.jpg

Good evening from the JAM3 team!

We're very happy to announce that JAM3 is finished and ready for download.

-Fully compatible with ECP, EECP, FFXUR, INQ-Mod, Y2K3, etc.

-New AT rounds, compatible with CAVS project

-Improved recoils for all rifles, pistols and shotgun

-Tweaked accuracy for all sniper rifles

-SD magazines tweaked to simulate realistic supersonic ammo where appropriate

-Subsonic "SUB" mags preserve JAM2 SD values

-New sounds for 99% of magazines and weapons- big thanks to the OFP community

-Most magazines have separate fire sounds. Now you can tell who's shooting!

-Different fly and hit sounds for different bullet types

-Bullet hit and fly sounds also externalized to JAM_Sounds.pbo

-THREE alternative versions of the JAM_Sounds.pbo available. Community Pack, Rainbow Pack, Cinemania Pack

-New Mounted Machinegun magazines, with HD versions. Ready to be used on vehicles

-New realistic-size mags for M60, M240, RPD, PKM. Max loadout of 500rds per unit

-New 12rd Belts for grenade launchers, like GL Vest but only taking 3 spaces

-Primary and pistol-slot options for most SMG/PDW mags.

-Unsuppressed, suppressed and silenced (subsonic) MP5 and Uzi mags

-Improved support for UMP-45

-New magazines for Remington SPC 6.8mm and Grendel 6.5mm rounds

-New sniper mags for: L96A1-type, AWSM type (including armour piercing incendiary round), SVU tactical rifle

-Made recoil more manageable for .50cal sniper rifles, based on real-life reports

-New Editor groups

-New units for all sides: Spotter, Grenadier (Belt), Machinegunner (500 rounds), AT Units (CAVS compatible)

- All BIS vehicles available with JAM crew

-Editor mission allows players to quickly preview many of the sounds

-More effective smoke grenades.

-A few config fixes

Instructions from the ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]INSTALLATION:

* The files JAM_Magazines.pbo, JAM_Sounds.pbo and JAM_Vehicles.pbo should be located in either OFP's  /res/addons folder or in an OFP mod folder of your choice.

* Put the folder JAM Sound Demo.Intro into your OperationFlashpoint/Users/>yourname</missions folder

SOUNDS:

ALL JAM sounds are contained in the JAM_Sounds.pbo. You can simply replace this file with a different version if you want different sounds. The version distributed with JAM3 is the Community Pack.

There are two alternative versions of the JAM_Sounds.pbo available right now: the Rainbow Pack and the Cinemania Pack. These all use different sounds and feel completely different.

The Community, Rainbow and Cinemania packs are also available in Repeater form. "Repeater" means that Machine Guns make 2 shot sounds for every one shot fired, making AI gunners sound better.

Players can use whatever soundpack they wish, in Single or MultiPlayer. It doesn't matter if players use different soundpacks in MP.

Making your own JAM soundpack couldn't be simpler. Just un-pbo the JAM.Sounds.pbo and replace the individual files with the sounds of your choice, making sure they are given exactly the same filename. You can use the Credits-Filenames.xls to quickly look up the right filenames. Then, re-pbo the folder and you're done! Test your new sounds in the editor JAM Sound Demo.

Credits:

Quote[/b] ]Coding by Eviscerator and SelectThis. JAM3 coding by Cornhelium.

JAM2 Scripts by Rom.

Sounds by Katerina, Suchey, Flocko Jocko, RHS, Eviscerator, SelectThis,

Earl, Nagual, Vipersheart, and the OFP Community. Please see the JAM_Credits-Filenames(Community).xls for full credits.

Pictures by Suchey, Eviscerator, SelectThis, Denorc

JAM2 Beta Testing: BAS and Digital Grenade

JAM3 Beta team: hardrock, raedor, crashdome, Denorc, Dragofire, Edge,  FireflyPL, AgentFox2, King Homer, Messiah, Uziyahu, calm_terror, commando84, MrN

Thanks to Kurayami and Gatordev for recoil input.

Thanks to TermiPete, Przezdzieblo and SPQR for CAVS input.

Thanks to Denorc for new inventory pics and JAM3 banner.

Thanks to Hardrock for hosting a forum for the JAM3 team.

Thanks to Mintyboy for the vehicles config.

Thanks to General Barron for the improved smoke grenades.

Thanks to Snypir, Zayfod and Killswitch for ECP input.

Special thanks also to Killswitch for config advice, fixes and general beta testing godliness!

Lastly, a big thank you to The Avon Lady for kick-starting JAM3 with her MAAM project, and to SelectThis and BAS for allowing development to continue.

Downloads:

Core Files - JAM3 and Community Soundpack:

Full, fixed JAM3 & Community Soundpack (13.5mb) Updated 29th December 2005 - thanks Sanctuary for hosting.

JAM3 Fix, updated 29th December 05 (2.9mb) If you installed JAM3 after 3rd September 05, you can just download this fix and use the new JAM_Magazines.pbo and Readme.rtf to overwrite the old ones.

Alternative Soundpacks

Community Repeater Pack (same as community, but MachineGuns sound like they're firing more):

Mirror - thanks to flashpoint.ru

Mirror - thanks to OFPEC

http://rapidshare.de/files/4327925/JAM_CommPack_1_2_REP.rar.html

Rainbow Pack:

Mirror - thanks to OFPEC

http://rapidshare.de/files/4331472/JAM_RainPack_1_2.rar.html

Rainbow Repeater Pack:

Mirror - thanks to OFPEC

http://rapidshare.de/files/4338165/JAM_RainPack_1_2_REP.rar.html

Cinemania Pack:

Mirror - thanks to OFPEC

http://rapidshare.de/files/4320541/JAM_CinePack_1_00.rar.html

Cinemania Repeater Pack:

Mirror - thanks to OFPEC

http://rapidshare.de/files/4323024/JAM_CinePack_1_00_REP.rar.html

Resources:

OFPEC JAM Page

Scripts to swap dead units' JAM HD/Standard mags - very useful. Thanks Fox2 and Strango.

Thanks again to BAS for letting the community carry on the good fight!

Cheers, thumbs-up.gif

CH

I can't believe that i have just finished downloading JAM 2 only to find JAM 3 on the forum. I was almost kicking myself and laughing. Good to see that the standard BAS set for weapons and ammunition is still getting the care and attention it deserves. Well done. Will report any issues with an Edit. smile_o.gif

thanks alot for the joint effort put into this project, hope that it will be adapted in the basic addons soon thumbs-up.gif

lol I am the first one to download this great release!!!

Wanna bet? wink_o.gif

BLAH and my provider HAD to cap my connection NOW banghead.gif

Ah well, 56k-like downloading it is for me then goodnight.gif

Sounds very interesting... thumbs-up.gif

*edit*

Speaking of sounds, what is the difference between the different sound packs available, seeing as I'm downloading at Albanian judiciary system speed, I'd like to make sure I'm getting the 'best' one huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Speaking of sounds

I haven't tried the Cinemania pack yet but I would suggest the Rainbow pack, it's suitably different to warrant the download. The Community pack is the more "conventional" sounding JAM stuff.

Good job CH & Jam3 associated peeps.

thumbs-up.gif

Hi mates,

Quote[/b] ]what is the difference between the different sound packs available

Community Pack: Default in the JAM3 download. Sounds mostly taken from the community, ranging from Inquisitor, Earl&Suchey's Marines, FDF mod to WWIIEC. Generally loud, outdoor-ish sounds  smile_o.gif

Rainbow Pack: More CQB-like sounds  wink_o.gif

Cinemania Pack: Mainly movie-ish sounds. This was only made over the last 7 days but I'm very pleased with it.  tounge2.gif

So...between those three I think you could pick a favourite sound for each weapon and make your own mega-pack  biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Hi mates,
Quote[/b] ]what is the difference between the different sound packs available

Community Pack: Default in the JAM3 download. Sounds mostly taken from the community, ranging from Inquisitor, Earl&Suchey's Marines, FDF mod to WWIIEC. Generally loud, outdoor-ish sounds smile_o.gif

Rainbow Pack: More CQB-like sounds wink_o.gif

Cinemania Pack: Mainly movie-ish sounds. This was only made over the last 7 days but I'm very pleased with it. tounge2.gif

So...between those three I think you could pick a favourite sound for each weapon and make your own mega-pack biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Hmmmm that's no help tounge2.gif

Meh I'll go for the community pack...

Also, having not downloaded it yet and not read the readme, is this JAM3 compatible with JAM2 and everything JAM2 related? Is it a one-for-one replacement?

Also, having not downloaded it yet and not read the readme, is this JAM3 compatible with JAM2 and everything JAM2 related? Is it a one-for-one replacement?

Same question here before downloading.

Does a mission built with JAM2 is always playable if one user install JAM3 , as i notice you have named the .pbo the same ?

Kinda early to ask, but Rapidshare isn't working for me, any mirrors yet for the other sound packs? Particularly the Rainbow ones?

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Shashman @ Aug. 25 2005,22:58)

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]Does a mission built with JAM2 is always playable if one user install JAM3

Yes. smile_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Wow...here I am, sitting here eating my cheesecake, pondering downloading JAM 2 just because....and here we have JAM 3 out. Screw 2, this'll be fun!

Well I got an error message and couldn't run the demo mission.

Something like

error loading something/JamVehicles/H8BT.....pbo

confused_o.gif

Something like

confused_o.gif

Yeah, that helps... I just loaded a correctly installed JAM3 and tried the supplied demo mission. It loads and plays fine.

Make sure you don't have any old JAM2 addons left - replace them all with the JAM3 ones.

Sounds in general are great the rest well It's okay I guess- recoiles are better than BIS's. And it seems you have zeroed the MP5 for 300 meter. huh.gif

STGN

Ditto EricJ

Rapidshare NEVER works for me! Either I'm already downloading a file - (even though I'm not and never have) - or they've detected "extreme downloads" from my IP and banned me for the rest of the day!...

Can ANYONE provide a mirror for the soundpacks???

Thanks...

B

Something like

confused_o.gif

Yeah, that helps... I just loaded a correctly installed JAM3 and tried the supplied demo mission. It loads and plays fine.

Make sure you don't have any old JAM2 addons left - replace them all with the JAM3 ones.

Should I have deleted JAM2 before installing this then? Because I didn't, just overwrote them

Quote[/b] ]Can ANYONE provide a mirror for the soundpacks???

Flashpoint.ru to the rescue - first post updated with mirrors for all packs. Thanks (again) guys smile_o.gif

Hopefully there should be a few more on the way too  wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

seems it is will not work with JAM2 server, will wait till there is an upgrade of server or something like that confused_o.gif

Hi 4in1,

Quote[/b] ]seems it is will not work with JAM2 server

Correct mate, the JAM_Magazines.pbo and JAM_Vehicles.pbo must be the same on all machines (although you can all use a different JAM_Sounds.pbo). Once the server installs JAM3 it should work fine. thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

Thanks Cornhelium!

Just wanna fool around with the different soundpacks...

Got the main core pack no problem from OFP.info... it installed and overwrote the ECP-compatible version of Jam2 no problems... I tried an online one-on-one mission or two with ECP and a few addons (Lasers weapons/rangers/ruskies & BMI blackops... no errors or problems at all so far... Great Stuff!