Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Revolt 1998 Released!

Heh, even though I am one of the voice 'actors' (I use the term very, very loosely smile_o.gif ), I only downloaded this to play in the last couple weeks. And I can't tell you how impressed I am so far!!!

The cutscenes are all top-notch, and the whole thing has a very cinematic feel to it. The missions aren't too long or complex, but they aren't cake-walks either. By far the best campaign I've ever played! (Although honestly I've only played a few campaigns; but even in terms of individual missions, these are top-notch)

I've only got a few complaints, but they are rather annoying: for one, all the radio chatter has an astounding amount of distortion in it, which makes it painful to listen to, and nigh-impossible to understand. On the bright side, it makes it harder to hear my shoddy voice-overs, for the few that I did :P. My other complaint is that there need to be more saves in the middle of the missions. After every objective that the player completes, there should be a save. Often I will be able to easily take the first obj, but the second one is rather difficult. Since I used my own savegame saving after the initial cutscene/travelling, I usually have to start over from before the 1st obj each time. Highly annoying!

Despite those two issues, I still love this campaign! I'm on the mission after "Respect the Gun" (which btw was the coolest sniper-mission I've ever played thumbs-up.gif). I'm a little stuck on the current mission (due to the above reason), but I'm definately going to play this one the whole way thru! notworthy.gif

This is a top campagin..

The only problem i have seen is that i have finished it and i want more..

That was the best bit of ofp i have had in awhile thanks for the hard work notworthy.gif

Again, thanks for all the positive feedback, makes me really feel like I've done something remarkable. smile_o.gif

At this point I'd like to know what was your favourite mission and cutscene. I was personally proud of the 8th mission "Thunder Snake" and for cutscene I would choose "Infiltration Blunder". Those that have played the campaign through tell me what are yours. thumbs-up.gif

Let me think,

2nd is easy, my favorite cutscene is the campaigns intro!

my favorite mission ... ya THUNDER SNAKE was good, and I think SURGICAL STRIKE for all "Sam Fischer"s too.

I can't say which is my favorite. I love them all. I appriciate Snake's mission smile_o.gif (I mean surgical strike, player has callsign Viper, but one of the snipers by accident call him Snake, it is the name of MGS hero). From the first sight I felt like I would play Metal Gear Solid biggrin_o.gif Very nice accent and very original for OFP, I guess.

Sniper's view of bullet is very original and good idea too. Eh, as I said, I love them all. First series of cutscenes in OFP that did not bored me. Amazing.

I can't say which is my favorite. I love them all. I appriciate Snake's mission smile_o.gif (I mean surgical strike, player has callsign Viper, but one of the snipers by accident call him Snake, it is the name of MGS hero).  From the first sight I felt like I would play Metal Gear Solid biggrin_o.gif Very nice accent and very original for OFP, I guess.

Sniper's view of bullet is very original and good idea too. Eh, as I said, I love them all. First series of cutscenes in OFP that did not bored me. Amazing.

Actually no, the officer who said "Snake" didn't mean the player was named snake, it was the countersign to the password "Viper". Anyway good to hear that you liked all of them. wink_o.gif

What I can say - campaign kicks ass smile_o.gif - and I think It's the best unofficial one. Quality beats all other campaigns, even BAS one. Good cutscenes, great voice messages and really good atmosphere  smile_o.gif You're god  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

YES, King Nothing, you achieve one of the very best unofficial campain so far. I probably wrote that down once already, but it's fine with me to repeat it since this is such a great piece of work. notworthy.gif

AGAIN, I wish we could play at least part of those missions in MULTIPLAYER COOP. Don't you have any plans to do so for 3 or 4 of your missions ? yay.gif

I've only just begun on my campaign but after seeing this i'm considering scrapping it. There's noway i'm going to be able to come close to your intros and cutscenes. I'm pretty good at missions but it's the finnishing touches that makes for a great campaign as this has it in droves....The only thing that i can complain about is unrelated to your obvious skill in the editor and that is the absolute F***ing idiocy of the friendly AI.. Your missions involve keeping your team mates alive which is good but they tend to have an IQ the size of an inbred snail. Many times i've heard them tell me of an enemy and in what direction only to get shot by him. and yes i put them on engage at will but still they don't take him out. My only option is usually to go it alone while the squad is on a hill somewhere at a safe distance....I'm only on the third mission and already i've ran out of curse words to use. friendly AI can't and wont follow correctly in built up areas causing me to stop and micro manage the idiot to my location. This is in no way a negative post about your campaign, it's realy my way of letting of steam as i'm close to breaking point with the AI in this game which only goes to show how much i realy want to enjoy this campaign...Top work King Nothing...

ps: i got wounded in the 2nd mission real early on but just after a vital point so i wasn't gonna restart it. I had to belly crawl to the town and the market place. It was tough but i got there in the end...(No medical cover for US troops on the ground  crazy_o.gif ). And does that sniper actually take anybody out.......

Mr Reality. I think you need some experience in AI commanding, because I did not get any big problems with AI... But then I am used to use it.

I really think that playing with AI in some mission (not only this campaign) is even greater then playing solo (but MP coop is the very best smile_o.gif ). Still, you have to know what are they gonna do in some occasions so you need to play more to learn AI behaviour.

In Tonal only real problem I found was missions in urban enviroment. I had to use ONLY main streets to not lost my team members, as they usually do not see gaps between buildings. Or even if something looks like big gap, they think it is builiding. But this is Tonal issue. And if you are caution, and think about AI, you can use it very well.

Regards and be patient, this campaign is really worth it.

P.S. I even was thinking about making some tutorial (as mission) for AI commanding, but as always, I had an idea, but not enough will sad_o.gif

Thanks for making such a great campaign, King Nothing. thumbs-up.gif

Even the opening cutscene was breathtaking.... smile_o.gif

Mr Reality. I think you need some experience in AI commanding, because I did not get any big problems with AI... But then I am used to use it.

Well thats the point, it's not a big problem it's just the little things that were pissing me off. And if i ordered my squad mate to follow me in a town he does'nt. As per what you also stated about urban areas. I also have him on hold fire so he does'nt go rambo styly on me but when i put him on open fire he tells me where the enemy is but doesn't shoot. Instead he gets shot by the enemy he's just spotted rofl.gif .(and yes i have also used engage at will, but that's a bit of a gamble when you don't know the numbers and whereabouts of the OPFOR. It's because of the casualty limit on the mission that makes it that bit harder. But that's a good thing...If you don't get any problems with the AI then either you have them go prone and stay put or your just plain lucky tounge2.gif ...At least i can keep on trying.... biggrin_o.gif

Also keep in mind the dealer is a civilian not a BAS Tonali rebel

I don't know who is the dealer so i'm still stuck to this mission help.gif

Don´t hurt me for spoiling but this is your man:

revolt03M_small.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Have fun with this great campaign!

S.D.

yes that is your guy kill the guards and watch out for the dealer he try to get away my fisrt atempt I killed every guard and the dealer was got away could not find him biggrin_o.gif

At my second atempt I killed every guard again but with my other eye I kept an eye on the dealer cause if you dont keep an eye on him he goes away wink_o.gif

hello i love the campaign so far but i am stuck on rebel tide

i get to the end but nobody is there to extract me and i cant find the bonus rebel camp anywhere either

also was i cheating when i shot the driver of the apc and used it to complete the mission to stop the arms dealers  :->

just after i wrote this i did it not looking hard enough north

I like it, very nice cutscenes, nice missionn and fun missions.

A master Piece ! Any other campain of this kind, I mean that good ? I guess not many. biggrin_o.gif

I still wish we could enjoy some of those missions in MP games and not as single player whistle.gif

I just learned about this campaign today.

Extremely cool, the campaign intro actually gave me goosebumps wow_o.gif  first time any OFP mission did that to me smile_o.gif

Great atmosphere, music and voice acting!

On to the nr.3 mission now and i love it so far.

Defenantly looking forward to future missions/campaigns from you.

Edit. Jeeze the ai pathing in capital city of Tonal is really terrible crazy_o.gif Couldn't find my team mate, turns out he was stuck in a building. banghead.gif Had to shoot the truck driver (poor soul) and drive to extraction zone myself to end mission.

Anyway, got to Rebel Tide and got this error message "cannot load mission, missing addon "Jam_magazines"", but the mission loads fine.

Maybe because i'm using JAM3.

Enjoying this campaign very much!

Please specify your problem or better post it to Addons-Discussion section.

IMHO the 2nd patch you have to manually find the pbo-files to patch with the exe.

S.D.

Quote[/b] ]==========================================================

Tonal-Tango Pack Patch 2

for BAS Isle 1 + BAS OPFOR

by Ballistic Addon Studios, 2003

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/

08 November 2003

Patch Program made by Romulous (rom'wink_o.gif, using PBO source code from JaZzBrE.

==========================================================

INSTALLATION:

==========================================================

Addons :

Open the BAS_Tona-Tango_Patch2, you will be prompted to locate the addon files on your PC (browse to your OFP folder).

After the files have been located the patch will continue and update the addons automatically.

Files to be Patched:

=============

BAS_OPCPP.pbo

BAS_OPFOR.pbo

BAS_i1.pbo

BAS_O.pbo

BAS_i2.pbo

BAS_Tonal and Patch 1 must be installed

- read the line which file is needed f.e. BAS_OPCPP.pbo

- move to the folder so you will se BAS-OPCPP.pbo in the window

- press okay

- next file is shown f.e. BAS_OPFOR.pbo

- move to the folder .... press okay ... and so on

You can also dl BAS_Tonal_1.20 wich is already patched at www.gotf.net. Note, you have to register to see this file!

S.D.