Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Revolt 1998 Released!

REVOLT 1998

------------

Tonal Campaign as a U.S. Ranger

Ok here goes nothing, I got bored with testing this campaign for bugs and don't have too much time for this anymore either so I'm releasing it now. If you still find bugs, let me know about them! This version also comes with german translations now (Thanks to Sudden Death! ).

This is my second single player campaign and my second contribution to the OFP community. It’s made with care and used a lot of time to get things just right. It uses some of the best quality addons released so far. What can I say, I had a lot of fun making it and now after a long time since last campaign I’m very pleased to introduce this brand new campaign of mine spiced with up-to-date addons and improved mission editing. I hope you enjoy and have good time playing it!

The campaign is about a civil war between the tonali government forming a new regime and an opposing portion of the populace including the rebel faction. The player belongs to the U.S. troops supporting the new democritizing governement fighting the opposing force as a Ranger NCO, Sgt. Jonathan Carswell.

42e1150cb8198.jpg

Features:

-English and German languages

-11 full Missions + A Bonus Mission

-Play as a U.S. Ranger NCO, Jonathan "JC" Carswell

-Lots of Cutscenes

-Over 30 megs of Custom music for getting right atmosphere

-Lots of custom voices

-Very High Quality all the way! :;):

Detailed Features:

-Lots of my own Scripts such as a cool bullet chase camera script,

Box carrying script etc...

-Immersive random enemy shouting during battle using tonal packs voices

-Death cutscene and music replaced with new ones

-Time & Location - side texts in a Hollywood action movie style in missions and intros

-Too much group casualties and mission gets failed, you must take care of you soldiers out there!

-Bn880's Tracers, fire fights look cooler especially at night

-Custom characters also for your Teammates in all missions

-More, more and more!

Addons Needed:

-BAS Tonal Island + OpFor                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....ownload

-BAS Tonal Island patch 1                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....1;34853

-BAS Tonal Island patch 2                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....2;34855

-BAS Tonali Special Forces                                             ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/BAS_TSF_v1_00.rar

-Marine Assault Pack (Needed by Tonali Special Forces)          ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/MarineAssaultPack.rar

-OPFOR 1.3 (Needed by Tonali Special Forces)               ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/bas_rusopfor_v1_3.rar

-BAS Blackhawks                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd....AM1.zip

-Laser's Deltas/Rangers 2.0                         http://red.iskra-net.ru/download/addons/men/LSR_Delta_Rangers_200.rar

-Laser's US Weapon Pack                         http://red.iskra-net.ru/downloa....200.rar

-JAM 2                                                       ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM2.rar

-Hyakushiki's Modern US Infantry Pack LSR v1.52          ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/HYK_USsol_152_JAM.rar

-Combat! Bradley Pack 1.4                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_BRAD_1.4_RC1.rar

-Combat! Misc Pack                                   http://combataddons.com/modules....&lid=34

-Combat! Modern US APC Crew                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_APC_CREW_V1.0.rar

-Combat! HMMWV Pack 1.0                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_HMMWV_V1.0.rar

-RKSL Studio's US camo nets                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/RKSL-Netpack-USV1.0R.rar

-Martin's Radio Tower                                             ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/RadioTower.rar

-Bn880's Tracers                                             http://s92713009.onlinehome.us/OFP/BN_tracers1_24.zip

Picture:

This is how your mod folder should look like after installing the addons

Voice Actors:

Player (Ranger NCO):              Sui

Player's CO (Maj. Hotkins):      Soldat32

"Base":                                   topchris175

Bravo (Friendly units):             Balschoiw

Charlie (Friendly units):            General Barron

Download Links:

OFP Mission Database (Reviews included)

German Site, English Site

OFPCenter

Main page (German), Direct link

More hosts will be coming up later.

All commments, questions and suggestions are welcome! smile_o.gif

Have fun! 681.gif

Thank you for the Tonal campaign, its the first campaign for this island I believe smile_o.gif

Nice, I'd been keeping an eye on this will download and report.

Thanks for all your hardwork this has obviously been a labour of love.

thumbs-up.gif

This is some good stuff. Highly recommended.

Good job KN.  smile_o.gif

Getting a big error here,

Upon starting the campaign the screen freezes up and says....

no entry '.model'.

Dunno whats wrong but it freezes ofp and I have to end the program to get out.I have all the addons.

Getting a big error here,

Upon starting the campaign the screen freezes up and says....

no entry '.model'.

Dunno whats wrong but it freezes ofp and I have to end the program to get out.I have all the addons.

Ah, I had that error once. The problem was that I had an old version of some addon, don't remember it. Check the addon.jpg included in the zip or dl it from the first post, and check that the addon file sizes matches and redownload the addon that doesn't from the first post. smile_o.gif

played the first two missions, and even though early in the campaign I will give this a 10/10, best campaing I played yet smile_o.gif

Its like playing a very tense movie, very good action, animation, voice files, object placement and overall choreography. Mission assignments feel real and give you the feeling of being there and making the difference as a Ranger thumbs-up.gif

This is a definate must for any mission maker to get some inspiration on how to make very interesting and real missions/campaigns and intro movies.

what is left to say is :"King Nothing leads the way! All the way!" (insert saluting smiley here)

Completely agree with honchoblack. I've played a few missions now and I can say it was worth waiting for. Really a perfect campaign. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]insert saluting smiley here

maybe this one:

a030.gif

@topic:

added campaign review in English, see my previous post.

S.D.

This is indeed a must have so far the campaign is simple superb! Anyway, back to Revolt again! thumbs-up.gif

Thanks to all for very positive feedback so far, glad to hear you're liking it. smile_o.gif

OFPMDB links added to first post. Awesome review Sudden Death! thumbs-up.gif

"Heaven, i'am in heaven,and my heart skip's a beat",ect ,ect.This song say's it all for me,this new campaign is ace! I can't fault it, the whole ambience of the campaign make's you feel like it could be a current news item or a current/recent war.Apart from the fact that it's kin ace i also get on average 20 fps, which until now i have not been able to acheive with any existing tonal mission's.This coupled with the fact i am also running the Y2K3 mod is "heaven" I think in a nut shell what did it for me was it was like a modern conflict and very beliveable.Edit- you guy's must have put a hell of a lot of work into this because of the lack of lag! Thank you very much inlove.gif

Great job, King. I've not completed it yet, just at the second or third mission.

It shows that you enjoyed making this. The attention you paid is evident in the cutscenes; Tonal is a living and breathing country again.

Nit-Pick: In one of the scenes in the Intro, you had a soldier getting orders, then he saluted. No!!! His saluting just marked the for the enemy someone of high target value.

Question: The mission where I believe I'm to confiscate arms, the one with sniper support. Was I really supposed to do the job with just two other men? When one dies, I'm of course told that, basically, I "just lost half my manpower". I know we're Rangers, but honestly--three men?

Overall, outstanding work, King. notworthy.gif

I look foward to finish it.....If I can keep all three of us alive that is. tounge2.gif

I cant play it : (

I get a "no entry model" error. Can somebody help me plz? I tried everything and I cant get it to work.

Quote[/b] ]I get a "no entry model" error.

Must be an addon prob.

Be shure that you install JAM2-Addon last.

Within the Blackhawk-Addon comes JAM1, that´s outstanded.

Try also this actual addon-updates:

LASER WEAPONS Patch 2.01

Hyakushiki's Modern US Infantry Pack LSR v1.53

Remeber this:

Quote[/b] ]Check the addon.jpg included in the zip or dl it from the first post, and check that the addon file sizes matches and redownload the addon that doesn't from the first post.

Question: The mission where I believe I'm to confiscate arms, the one with sniper support. Was I really supposed to do the job with just two other men? When one dies, I'm of course told that, basically, I "just lost half my manpower". I know we're Rangers, but honestly--three men?

I thought 3 was too many myself, rather just of had 1 AI to give a sniper rifle and used him to cover me.

Thanks for your help Sudden Death!

I fixed the problem, and was able to play it. This campaign is incredible, very high quality, and everybody should give it a try.

One of the best campaigns I played along with Retaliation smile_o.gif

Awesome work King Nothing! I've played through the first two missions and I am very impressed. This is the stuff wars are made of pistols.gif

Simply outstanding campaign,

I have been immortalized!!!!:DSerious though great work King.Best Ive seen and finally we have a user made campaign for Tonal.Would love to see more but this is definately the best work IMHO.

I pass it to the 4th mission and while loading, ofp froze. I had to replay third mission again as a result sad_o.gif. While playing the 3rd mission I saved, and OFP froze again. Now it knocked me down to the 2nd mission mad_o.gif I can't use the endmission cheat so now I have to replay 2 missions again which I passed. And the changes are that each time ofp freezes while loading, Ill have to go back a mission crazy_o.gif

Cant wait for AA to come out and fix all those OFP bugs

Holy shit. This is a killa campaign. Only up to the second mission and I love it. First mission was annoying, got hit and had to craw to the helicopter which took 10 minutes 9Thank god for 4x speed)