Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Huge Release !!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>FFUR Total Conversion Packs v5.0</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>Woodland</span></span> (released)

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Winter</span></span> (still unreleased )

<span style='color:yellow'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Desert</span></span> (still unreleased )

==============================================================================================

The FlashFx Units Replacement (FFUR) is a complete modification for Operation Flashpoint. Its goal is to replace all standard Bohemia Interactive Studios units supplied in-game with high-quality community-based addons, while keeping the game set in 1985 - the era in which the original Cold War Crisis campaign was set. The advantages of this over other modifications is that the weapons aren’t over-powered for the point in time. Many find using modern-day equivelants can make the game unchallenging.

FFUR is based upon FlashFX, a collection of scripts by Nemesis6. These add high-quality explosion, gameplay and weapon effects, which in our opinion are the best ever made up till now. These efficient, high-class scripts enhance the realism in Operation Flashpoint to an all-new level.

All of the weapons have been standardised - if one rifle is more powerful in real life than another, it will be the same in-game. This should eliminate unfair advantages in offline play (Single Game) . This goes for recoil too.

We have also replaced the sounds weapons make when being used with more realistic samples.

The game’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) has also been altered to suit each pack’s theme. So for FFUR Winter, we’ve got snow. For Woodland we’ve got grass and green, and sand in Desert. We hope this enhances your playing experience.

In addition to a new GUI, we’ve added new audio content. We’ve tried to match the music with the event, and we think you’ll agree with our choices. The music is composed by very famous people, and we hope you recognise some of it.

The ‘Piece de Resistance’, though, is the Mission Editor. FFUR’s mission editor is the only complete conversion modification editor that is completely clean of unwanted clutter. We hope mission editors will find this helpful in allowing them to create new levels with little fuss.

The whole work has been tested on ONLY BIS campaigns/missions by a lot of people (more than 15).

==============================================================================================

Effects Enhancements and Changes :

Tank Effects

o A Tank’s machine guns now use very realistic tracers which help to improve the gameplay through making missions more immersive. Each side has its own NATO colour.

o The new tank explosion has debris, bellowing smoke, flames, and for heavy tanks. Our tests show that we can blow up thirty tanks at once and still incur no lag whatsoever.

o Tank shells have yellow/white flashes when being fired like in real life.

o APCs (Armoured Personnel Carriers) have their own seperate explosion scripts: a special splash effect if it’s in water, and a “traditional†explosion effect if it’s on land.

o Anti-Air units such as the Shilka and Vulcan fire exploding bullets like in real life. The explosion occurs between 1km and 2km above sea level.

o Realistic smoke for machine guns after periods of prolonged fire.

Vehicle Effects

o Fuel trucks have more realistic and impressive explosions than before. Huge flames, flying debris and other effects can be seen due to the large amount of ammunition and petrol onboard.

o Civilian/military cars and trucks have flames once exploded which can burn you if you go near them. In addition, they produce a which smoke from the shockwave due to the impact.

Helicopter Effects

o Helicopters now have a very impressive rotor failure effect - it produces black smoke and huge flames while falling to the ground, simultaneously twisting uncontrollably in the air.

o Dust on the ground and water in the sea is affected when helicopters fly low. You can see waves and ripples formed while hovering.

o Helicopters produce shockwaves when they hit the ground and occur a crater.

o Helicopters’ rockets produce smoke and sparks upon launch.

o Realistic cannon smoke.

Plane effects

o Ejection sequence added for jet fighters, so when a plane is damaged the pilot is able to eject using their seat, with the parachute opening once clear of the aircraft.

o Planes create trails of white cloud behind them like Jet Liners.

o Upon explosion a plane will send more than 100 fragments of debris in any direction, and then burst into intense flames.

o You are given warning messages when coming under attack from enemy fire.

o Waves are created when jets fly very low over the sea.

o A huge wave appears when a jet fighter crashes into the sea.

o Jet planes can launch flares to evade enemy missile fire.

o Realistic cannon smoke.

Soldier Effects

o Realistic grenades, along with unique timings and explosions for each side.

o Realistic tracers from light machine guns based on NATO data.

o Realistic rocket impacts based on flashes, flames and huge smoke.

Main Features :

Unit Replacements:

o Bohemia Interactive Studios’ (BIS) islands have been replaced by the best ones ever done suited to each theme (woodland / winter / desert) without overwriting BIS stuff..

o BIS's models have been replaced by the best ones ever done by the community, suited to the game’s original era - 1985.

o BIS’s models have been replaced by the best addons suited to each theme.

Realism Enhancements:

o AI Improvements: The AI hears and sees better to varying degrees. Specops and Snipers have more atuned senses.

o The AI uses the firing modes effectively: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

o The AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

o The AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

o The AI regular infantry sometimes panics.

o Small Arms Improvements: Realistic tracers based on NATO data.

o Realistic recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.

o Realistic bullet damage values based on military information.

o Realistic firing modes, for example the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.

o Realistic gunfire sounds, especially the M16 and the AK74 sounds which have been recorded by our military advisors especially for the FFUR mod.

o Heavy Weapons Improvements: Realistic sounds for the M2 and the Dshk.

o Realistic tracers matching real-life heavy weapons.

o Realistic M2 gunner position.

o Heavy Tank and APC Improvements: Realistic shielding values.

o Authentic weapons taken from real-life.

o Realistic tracers, different for each tank based on NATO data.

o Realistic sights for gunners and commanders modelled from real sights.

o Realistic engine sounds.

o Realistic explosive bullets for AA units (Shilka and Vulcan).

o Helicopter and Jet Fighter Improvements: Realistic eject sequence for jet fighters.

o Realistic flares for helicopters and jet fighters.

o Realistic and authentic weapons.

o Realistic tracers based on NATO data.

o Realistic armor values.

o Realistic sounds.

o Soldier Improvements: US BlackOps units carry binoculars and a Beretta.

o US Machine Gunners carry an M1911.

o US Pilots carry handguns.

o US Crews carry handguns.

o US Soldiers carry the M61 grenade.

o US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.

o Soviet Spetznatz units carry an AKM SD or an ASS VAL.

o Soviet RPG soldiers carry an AK74Su.

o Soviet Spetznatz units carry a handgun and binoculars.

o Soviet Pilots have handguns.

o Soviet Soldiers carry the F1 grenade.

o Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.

o Special Forces can swim.

o 10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.

Gameplay and Interfaces enhancements:

o Interface Improvements: New custom GUI for the main screen. Each theme has its own menu.

o New mission editor interface.

o New briefing book.

o New computer.

o New compass.

o Sound Improvements: New realistic sounds for all weapons, vehicles, aircraft and explosions.

o New music based on ‘patriotic’ tracks and war movie samples - all from the 1985 Cold War era.

o New animations for all soldiers.

o Standing and crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.

o BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more topical ones from the Cold War era.

o Briefing Improvements: New pictures for all weapons.

o New information available for all weapons based on military descriptions.

o New compass.

o New radio.

o New map design.

General Information:

o All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

o Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

o You must check and make sure you don’t have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR in your regular or Res\addons folders - this causes compatibility issues.

Minor problems :

-Choppers craters do sometimes float a bit , but we will fix it in an incomming patch

-A very minor message error occurs when jet fighter debris do bounce from the ground to water , but it doesn't disturb in any way the game.

After much hard work we are finally able to present the Woodland version. This entire Mod Project has been completely reworked in order to provide as many new enhancements as possible without compromising game performance in ANY way.

First Release :

<span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>FFUR Woodland Pack v5.0</span></span>

FFUR_air_3.JPG

FFUR_air_5.JPG

ffurarea30sd.jpg

FFUR_battle_17.JPG

ffurbattle328pt.jpg

System requirements :

-At least 1.4 ghz

-448 SDRAM

-(Optional ) 5th Generation graphic cards for the sky pack

Download :

"Download link coming shortly"

-Be sure you have deleted FFUR folder (for people who do use old FFUR versions) , once carried out then Launch the installer , let it to do and finally choose your Operation Flashpoint directory !

Credits :

=FlashFX Units Replacement Pack Team (FFUR)=

* Thunderbird84 - Project Leader, Addon Selections, Config, Scripts, GUI.

* Reven - Website Design, Hosting, Installer Scripts, HTML Readmes.

* Tomislav - Lead Beta Tester

* Sapper Dan - Military Adviser

* Silent ‘n’ Deadly - Island Designer

* Maximus-Sniper - Addon Designer

* Pierre - Promo Movie Maker

* Uziyahu - Military Adviser

Community

* The FlashFx mod and especially to Nemesis6

* The great animations maker Sanctuary (and also for his support and help).

* The ORCS mod and especially to Denorc

* The WGL mod and especially to Phaeden

* The CSLA mod and especially to Maa and Edge

* The Y2K3 mod and especially to Pappy Boyinghton

* The great Photoshop Artist Parvus.

* The RHS mod and especially to Soul_assassin

* The Vme mod and especially to tony ranger

* The Roc mod and especially to Andylee54

* The Vme mod and especially to tony ranger

* The RHS mod and especially to Soul_assassin

* The FDF mod and especially to Kegetys

* The EECP mod and especially to Kurayami

* The ECP mod and especially to Komuna

* The great animations maker Locke.

* The great island maker CJE

* The great addon maker Hyakushi

* The great addon maker Vit-Labs

* The great addon maker King Homer

* The great addon maker Earl

* The great addon maker Oyman

* The great addon maker Laser

* The great addon maker Llauma

* The great addon maker Inquisitor

* The great addon maker Combat

* The great addon maker Sigma

* To Bushlurker for his language support.

* To all the other great addon makers. Thank you for all for your hard work and enthusiasm in keeping the OFP community alive and kicking!

* All the military guys who do this stuff for real and graciously took the time to advise us.

*Huge thanks to ALL beta-testers for their efforts and support toward us.

Thanks to Bohemia Interactive Studio for the wonderful game, and a special big thanks to Marek Spanel for his support of the FFUR mod.

Thanks to Placebo (Paul .St.) .

Huge thanks to Reven and Parvus who're still working very hard on winter and desert installers/Screenshots , we will release both of them very soon + A FULL pack coutaining all packs...

Have fun ! smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84 - FFUR mod's Leader

Thanks alot to the whole FFUR team thumbs-up.gif

quite an impresive readme, will take some time to test everything out smile_o.gif

This modification looks stunning, i was about to join the CIA Co-op Night tonight but looks like i may have to put it on hold until Sunday when i've finished playing this.

Now, what do i have in my OFP Directory? Conspiracies, CSLA, FDF, FFUR, ECP, Y2K3. This is bliss i tell thee. notworthy.gif

Thunderbird84 - May i have permission to fertilise your offspring? This modification is almost sexual. nener.gif

Ah, at last.

You guys have done well and worked hard on this,

you guys should be proud of this. thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif

DOWNLOADING on my new 5 mbps connection yay.gif

Sweet. This will be cool.

Thanks bruddas in the FFUR mod. Downloading now.

yay.gif downloading...........

Cant wait for the winter / desert ones either.

Nice one FFUR guys

I.. I.. forgot I didn't have OFP installed because of some damn bugs huh.gif  sad_o.gif

Bah! Just have to wait until tomorrow banghead.gif  sad_o.gif

That really sucked huh.gif

Heh , thank you mates , we really hope you will enjoy it wink_o.gif

I have a small question as to the installation process of the modification. I recieve a prompt saying that my AddOns and Res/ AddOns folders should be completely empty before installing FFUR and that they should be placed into a modification folder themselves, i'm a little confused as i have multiple modifications in my OFP directory and don't want to have to reinstall OFP because i've made a boob.

It doesn't say you must delete all your Addons from your Res/Addons or OFP folders but it says that it's best to have only BIS addons there , but it seems that it works now , even with extra addons in Ofp or Res/Addons

just press "yes" and let it to do wink_o.gif

Funny coincidence: The song you used in the installer is one of my favorites! :-)

Boo sad_o.gif

I downloaded and Installed (nice installer might I add) Then doubleclicked the shortcut. Black screen came up for a second then that "Send, Dont Send" Error report came up, and OFP crashed. I will get a picture of the error if you dont know what Im talking about (its a long error)

I have played Ground Attack II and i must say that it truly is amazing, i felt more enveloped in OFP than i even have before although i wasn't too impressed by your choice of Apache for the mission as i felt more at home with the Apache used in Y2K3, the textures on FFUR's Apache just didn't suit it i felt.

Now, by the by, i know i may sound a little soppy but the installer almost brought me to tears, honestly. It was the only introduction to a modification, or a title infact, that i have ever felt emotional about. I need a hug. confused_o.gif  biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Nice work Thunderbird! Its all I ever wanted and thanks for getting it to me before school started! (tommorow) Can't wait for the other versions coming!!!

Off to play somemore FFUR,

Soldier out. xmas_o.gif

After installation it put the shortcut icon on my desktop. When I double click it, it says that the shortcut refering to "FlashFX Units Replacement Pack.Ink" is unavailabe. Readme file explained something about having two directories: one "Operation Flashpoint" and another "OperationFlashpoint". I do have that now, but I couldn't understand from the readme file what patch suppose to fix it. Please explain what the hell is going on ( and please, in the language that dumbasses like me can understand).

(and please, in the language that dumbasses like me can understand)

Yes for my problem too please sad_o.gif

It is absolutely amazing , all the efects the vehicles, to be short , everything.

But i have found a little bug.

I think you forgot or did something with one of your scripts becouse when i was playing ground attack 2 i took out that su25 frogfoot it fell into the the water and i got a script error.

Try youll se.