Sign in to follow this  
CJE

The Unsung Mod

How's the AI walking through that dense jungle?

AI runs through it better than they do with BIS forests. rofl.gifnener.gif

...But how do we know that those pics are really from OFP1? huh.gif

Sounds, looks, smells, tastes and feels great! At least if we just hop from Seb Nam Pack 2 to Unsung, damn, it's gonna be an entire new game. Like when the first FDF Mod was released.

GET SOME GET SOME! pistols.gif

Well, Im working on something to get you used to the new "interface" (*hint hint). It will be a different game... biggrin_o.gif Well, different GUI, and even command menu. thumbs-up.gif

How's the AI walking through that dense jungle?

AI runs through it better than they do with BIS forests.  rofl.gif  nener.gif

We, the readers, want proof! tounge2.gif

I hereby insist on the unsung mod team to release a jungle-demo.pbo immediately ! Otherwise i'll suffer braindamage when the next jungle screenshots come out !

Don't let us sufferrrrrrrr ! biggrin_o.gif

Braindamage it will be for you then.

Well, we could release our veg, and island. But we wont. biggrin_o.gif

I dont know why. But accept it. tounge2.gif

BUT! I have requested that we make a video to show you it is lagless. wink_o.gif

Okay re lag probs, the only area with lag prob at the mo is the paddy field area and that's due to a palm forest in one area made from single trees ...which is going to be replaced shorty.I've run a test mission 48 marines defending / combat patrolling a defensible area, with 66 NVA assaulting, vis is down to 50 feet, comp specs p4 2.6 gig 128 radeon 512 333 ram win2k. still very playable,able to lead moving targets fairly smoothly, I'll check frame rates shortly. Also on initial load if vis is set high. In the dense forest areas no noticable lag, so you cann't use that as an excuse to getting killed.

pistols.gifyay.gif

Okay ....bla bla.....mission 48 marines defending / combat patrolling a defensible area, with 66 NVA assaulting...bla bla bla.... In the dense forest areas no noticable lag, so you cann't use that as an excuse to getting killed.

Good to hear that! THat's already to much units in a close environment so that sounds very good! And hey that 1 area that needs fixing, no biggy. You are doing a might fine job with this mod. You are finally giving all those ofp 'Nam fr33kz what they have been waiting for for so long. A real Vietnam jungle feel and look with very fine units notworthy.gif

Oh and i will never use the lag factor as a excuse to getting killed in that jungle, i will just say that the damn bushes are to close and that i can't see sh!t in front of me. Please make the island more with open area's.......NAAAH!  rofl.gif   pistols.gif

okay I'll remove all the dense forest areas make it more like vietnam 2050, after they've deforested all the jungle areas and but up sheep and cow farms.......................it's done the island has no lag at all now, problem solved. That was a great idea!!. whistle.gif

crazy_o.gif  Ya flippin' your wig! Wrong!!! SO wrong!!!! ya should have put goats on the island instead of sheep m8. Oh and paint them in camo so that they blend in with the green monotone flat textured grass looking squares on the ground. There all beter now. FPS is 120 now on a 0.0001 MHZ compy. A OK.   nener.gif

okay i'll cut the bs lol.

The vid is an idea that has now been approved. thumbs-up.gif By me and CJ525. tounge2.gif Expect it sooooon. Well, soon. yay.gif

Goats .... your right and water buffalo, not cows shesh my bad okay I'll make the changes.

If you guys need any help with a video, I can help. I make OFP videos all the time. Just pm if you want, and great work guys your mod looks awesome!

...waterbuffalo? ah common man, those dudes stink. Don't do that, instead invest your time in the vid and take a shot of a NVA bunker instead  whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

Hey pic 5 of the gallery got changed. Nice! When i see that jungle i am really starting to fear the enemy AI already. And i haven't even met one yet.  biggrin_o.gif

Ive just come off OFP Unsung, and I mean, sheesh, all you can hear is bullets and Ak's and M16's sounding off, and I had no clue where it came from, well, you know, just so complicated. Man, Im in love. tounge2.gif And we still need help addonmakers. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

We are still looking for addon makers, we are very very close to releasing the demo, but we will need more people to help us out for the full mod, mainly as stated above with repect to vehicles, buildings, and config/script writers. Alot of the team is back in school/college, so the work will slow down, so I don't want to hear rumours about the death of the Unsung Mod.

We have two new/revived members who are very welcome to the mod, we have independants helping out (in a big way). Thats how I started out lol.

Anyhow sorry for the delay in the demo release but every member of the Unsung team's lives has gotten busy. The more peps that help the faster we can get this mod out.

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

I'm doing my own jam_sounds.pbo atm, using all kinds of different wavesounds from games and movies. So i could help out with explosion, rifle and jungle environment sounds.

PM me if ya want. smile_o.gif

Hint: If you wanna be really cool and get your name in the list of people who make original stuff, get those M16A1:s to JAM! Of course, fighting in neck-high water does get your gun to jam, but man... If it'd be anyhow possible, please. That'll make the others put the jamming thing to their Colts, and bwa ha ha. Grabbing the AK of the dead VC fella gets even more important.

But as always, sounds, looks, tastes and smells (except for those waterbuffalos) great! Hey, I've came over the lookin' great part! Yippee!

Quote[/b] ]Hint: If you wanna be really cool and get your name in the list of people who make original stuff, get those M16A1:s to JAM!

Waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you Dynamite_cow tounge2.gif

Just to keep you peps in the loop, we haven't been posting lately because we have been busy bees. Alot has been done I've had to completely redo the dense forest sections after recieving invaluble help from Fab(WWIIEC MOD, GURU). The forests are made alot more effiecent, and run smoother.They still look every bit as dense though.The rest of the team is really making an effort between University/College projects.

I'll have to update the website to show the new talent which has joined our team, but right now I'm focusing on the more important stuff ....getting a demo finalized.

thanks for your patience ..CHEERS!!