Sign in to follow this  
CJE

The Unsung Mod

Quote[/b] ]ut were not sure as for the traps yet, as for visibility.

The problem with ofp is that your teammates wont just walk inot them, as they would be buildings, and your teammates would automatically avoid them. Again, as for visibility we aint sure. Nothing is certain when there are only 3 core members.....

Could try a gamelogic and then replace it with a trap once a unit gets within 1 meter, that way the AI will not have time to move out of the way.

Since about 2 dudes complained that the jungle pics i posted were soooo big, ive decided to set paint on them. crazy_o.gif

img15wj.jpg

img28hf.jpg

img35sv.jpg

img44xm.jpg

Also, requests for images of anything in particular will be welcome, we need people to be interested. nener.gifthumbs-up.gif

@Jakerod. THanks for the idea, we'll try that one out. wink_o.gif

Any chance to see a few more Marines? Love those units.

OK, but I want an updated car15 first though. thumbs-up.giftounge2.gif

Ill make some soon. wink_o.gif

Take your time, so long as everything is going well I am happy.

Don't worry we ARE taking our time. about 2-3 years infact. crazy_o.gif Arma will be old by the time we get this baby going. tounge2.gif Well, not really, I can smell a demo edging closer. wink_o.gif

How about a pic of a enemy (VC or NVA) bunker position in the jungle? Possibility? smile_o.gif Or at least some form of enemy position...mg..aa..mortar pit..Anything, even if it's just half a pic of it, just to show a bit of the stuff, so we can see how well the camo for it works.

RE the NVA bunkers we do have a series of bunkers made by Drow, I'll be posting some pics of them soon.

Oh joy. The more i read here the more i'm convinced this could be the nam mod i looked for (from the start). biggrin_o.gif

Different things that came to my mind during reading the last 2 pages:

Nam objects:

- camo bunkers should be very low so ppl can only shoot from crouching position. most vc bunkers were nothing more than holes in the ground with camo cover above. you cant dig into the ground in opf, so firing from crouching postition might be the best possibility to get a realistic vc bunker ingame.

- camo vc tunnel exit. you should be able to open/close it, but only after you stood still next to it for several seconds. that way nobody walking thru the jungle will get 'reminded' by his action menu popping up, stating: 'open vc exit'. tounge2.gif

a custom animation for units would be nice, showing how they enter/exit the hidden base. would be so cool to simulate 'real' nam warfare by turning several hidden exits into spawn positions, simulating a whole vc underground base. so if you can't find all exits and destroy them (with a grenade for example) there'll still be more vc spawning in the area.

- vc caches / camo ammo crates. these can be used to reload on ammo and health (if you can spot them).

Inaccurate AI:

maybe the invisible targets addon might be of use. as i understand it you can make the AI shoot at those fake targets once you 'reveal' the targets to all AI units. you can also set the target to a specific height - that way it'll appear as if the AI shoots right over the crouched players - anyone who gets up will take a hit.

Jungle noise objects:

would be cool to have special objects, randomly placed in the jungles, that emit a sound when anybody is close to them (0.3m or so?)

things like dry bushes, branches or big palm leafes on the ground. these could also be used as some sort of trigger for the invisible targets script - you step on a branch, the sound 'spawns' an invisible target at your position and a script reveals it to any enemy group nearby. just imagine the effect that would have: ppl will start to move more cautious thru the jungles.

Quote[/b] ]just imagine the effect that would have: ppl will start to move more cautious thru the jungles.

No, I was thinking more of the lines of this:

Quote[/b] ]k guys be STEALTH we are covert ops gonna take out the enemy position, lets go. Be careful! Dont step on small twigs that could alert an entire vc platoon!

*2 mins later*

<snap>

Dude there were no branches! Ah shit here they come!

*300 VC raid your position.*

It just.. Wouldn't work. Anyways creating so many objects and having so many triggers/scripts running for so many objects would be so inneficient/cpu hogging.

Things like this can be scripted, like that dynamic grass script. I agree it doesn't make any sense to place 10000 palm leafes in the editor.   wink_o.gif

)rStrangelove @ Aug. 31 2005,20:46)]I agree it doesn't make any sense to place 10000 palm leafes in the editor.   wink_o.gif

Don't forget the time consuming factor this would be. Oh and damn what a boooring job to do ROFL rofl.gif

@CJE

i'm an optimist and i'll say that ArmA will only be in it's best years when your mod is released smile_o.gif

@CJE

i'm an optimist and i'll say that ArmA will only be in it's best years when your mod is released smile_o.gif

Wow my friend I can see you are either telepathic or have a crystal ball in your hands..... crazy_o.gif

This guy "knows" what the mod has and has not. I'd love to know how you got that information. whistle.gif

And incase no one noticed I am being sarcastic, but not in a nasty way. All I'm saying is.... never assume. thumbs-up.gif

hi, mod looks great, and my appologies if this has been mentioned/answered/asked/covered but will there be vehicles like tanks and such? I havent seen any...

...and once again my appologies if this has been mentioned.

Tanks are not planned for the demo im afraid but we will be using modded (i think) APCs and helis. smile_o.gif Don't worry there will be tanks for the main mod. wink_o.gif

sim

wow, nice jungle pics at ofp.info guys! THAT is what i have always wanted in ofp. that is so amazing you have no idea. It looks from the pictures to only be really tall grass, which is very clever and hopefully shouldn't be too performance-consuming.

My only gripe is make the variable on undergrowth height a little bit. Density is fine, but the height of it shouldn't be so unifrom to give it a more natural look.

I agree... those jungle pics sure do show a immersive atmosphere

Yep, jungle looks amazing!

btw, how are you going to do it with armed assault? will unsung be only ofp, or if unsung gets released after aa, will it be ported directly to armed assault?

Yes, good question. nobody knows, well I dont well, no one else does... tounge2.gif

Well, Ill put it this way, at the moment I think we'll be doing it for ofp first, then, when Arma comes out, or already out, we'll be porting it to arma, because nobody would be playing ofp no more with arma around, so it would be senseless to just stick to ofp.

But with arma, we can see walls of bamboo huts flying off, just imagine.... biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

How's the AI walking through that dense jungle?

Does the jungle catch bullets for teh meh?

It looks really excellent! thumbs-up.gif

Psst hey guys... pic 1 and pic 5 on the current Unsung's site gallery are the same. Dunno if you noticed buttah...well ya know.  smile_o.gif

Probably one pic is filled with VC and NVA and we just dont notice them wink_o.gif