Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

New exclusive Screenshots

Placebo's Holidays videos huh.gif??!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  rofl.gif

hm... actually i alllways found the ai incredibly blind doing dark hours :/

Thats because the black op has greater stealth and nvg's? Try a regular soldier in the dark, once one of them a.i. sees you the others will shoot you in the head just like that pistols.gif  wow_o.gif ...

Actually, thats what im talking about. Ive alllways been able to crawl up on the enemy during dark hours, despite any class....

Thats because the black op has greater stealth and nvg's? Try a regular soldier in the dark, once one of them a.i. sees you the others will shoot you in the head just like that pistols.gif  wow_o.gif ...

Actually, thats what im talking about. Ive alllways been able to crawl up on the enemy during dark hours, despite any class....

nah, even when lying down, when you come a few meter behind them they automaticly turn around and shoot you :P

(altough that super-ninja-thingy actually could do it, but heh, thats modded tounge2.gif )

Quote[/b] ]You've shared your opinion, that's everyone's right on the forum, you're opinion is clear so now I would suggest you move on to somewhere/something else that offends you less

I actually didnt mean to vent that much to be honest.

smile_o.gif

nah, even when lying down, when you come a few meter behind them they automaticly turn around and shoot you :P

(altough that super-ninja-thingy actually could do it, but heh, thats modded  tounge2.gif )

Exactly, you won't be able to do that in real life either smile_o.gif

In real life, most guards have passive nightvision goggles as well - so in ofp, its actually unrealistic easy to sneak up on an enemy smile_o.gif

In real life, most guards have passive nightvision goggles as well - so in ofp, its actually unrealistic easy to sneak up on an enemy smile_o.gif

Well, actually it is possible. It happened in my time as conscript in a training mission (~13years ago). It was a cold night in late fall (~0°C), our platoon was set in some hasty prepared fox holes in a small wood with some open meadows around, the various squads covering different edges of the wood, with two men of each squad as watches in fixed positions (no NVGs), others going patrol and the rest trying to catch some sleep deeper in the wood.

And so it happened that some little motivated conscripts sat in their holes as watch in the middle of the night, waiting that their shift shall end, not expecting that anything will happen anyway.  goodnight.gif

Now there was this particularly bad motivated sob, sitting in his hole with a comrade, chatting and smoking on his watch, little caring what is going on around him.

And so it happened that suddenly out of nowhere a well-camouflaged seargant tapped on the helmet of our little sob. He abroached them right from the front in what was described as a 1hour crawl for about 50m through not very high grass  wow_o.gif  notworthy.gif

Only good it wasn't me who got the visit (though it happened in my watch, but on the other edge of the wood) tounge2.gif

Well, actually it is possible. It happened in my time as conscript in a training mission (~13years ago). It was a cold night in late fall (~0°C), our platoon was set in some hasty prepared fox holes in a small wood with some open meadows around, the various squads covering different edges of the wood, with two men of each squad as watches in fixed positions (no NVGs), others going patrol and the rest trying to catch some sleep deeper in the wood.

And so it happened that some little motivated conscripts sat in their holes as watch in the middle of the night, waiting that their shift shall end, not expecting that anything will happen anyway.  goodnight.gif

Now there was this particularly bad motivated sob, sitting in his hole with a comrade, chatting and smoking on his watch, little caring what is going on around him.

And so it happened that suddenly out of nowhere a well-camouflaged seargant tapped on the helmet of our little sob. He abroached them right from the front in what was described as a 1hour crawl for about 50m through not very high grass  wow_o.gif  notworthy.gif

Only good it wasn't me who got the visit (though it happened in my watch, but on the other edge of the wood) tounge2.gif

Yea, My platoon was actually infiltrated a couple years back, by the danish special forces (Jćgerkorpset), while sitting in the dark in a forest. Noone had seen them, until the next day we woke up, seing crosses painted on our tents, that were laying 2-3 metres from our guarding positions.

But still, this is what can be compared to special ops, youll never see a regular squad of grunts, crawl up on an enemy platoon during dark hours (atleast not on purpose, hehe)

As entertaining as this discussion is it's not really ontopic to this thread wink_o.gif

I see one of the main requests (at least one of MY main requests) has been addressed: buildings are not cut-out cardboard anymore.

In the original Flashpoint, hiding inside a building didn't feel safe at all, with those pixel-thick walls and the AI's uncanny ability to lob grenades inside through windows, even though you fragged yourself most of the time when you tried to do it in the other direction.

I can't help wondering whether there will be wall penetration physics involved at least to some degree.

Facing a .30 cal MG, I would feel a lot safer outside a wooden building than inside it to be honest.

In the original Flashpoint, hiding inside a building didn't feel safe at all, with those pixel-thick walls and the AI's uncanny ability to lob grenades inside through windows, even though you fragged yourself most of the time when you tried to do it in the other direction.

With screenshots from NGPCG like this:

opf23.jpg

It still looks like you won't be able to feel safe inside buildings  wink_o.gif

I can't help wondering whether there will be wall penetration physics involved at least to some degree.

Yeah that'd be really nice, and offer some protection from fire inside buildings.

It also could be applied to armoured vehicles to make the armour stop small arms fire in a more realistic way.

I will be very disapointed if in ArmsA will be same vehicle destroy as in OFP 1 :/ i hate when vehicles blow up vehicle become one big messed LoD something.

We want realistic vehicle destroyment.

I will be very disapointed if in ArmsA will be same vehicle destroy as in OFP 1 :/ i hate when vehicles blow up vehicle become one big messed LoD something.

doubt u will see anything else than OFP there actually..

but at next gen game i think they will fix it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I will be very disapointed if in ArmsA will be same vehicle destroy as in OFP 1 :/ i hate when vehicles blow up vehicle become one big messed LoD something.

Sorry

they dont look like a big crumpled paper they are just darkened on fire

They're still distorted... I think I am not 100% sure but that is the way it looks to me.

looks like they got rid of the crumple exploding thing biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Great news! I can't wait to get rid of the paper effect.

I duno,I wouldnt expect to see somethin like this http://metalpower.rtv-mm.com/Golfo/confl-11.jpg or this http://www.aeronautics.ru/img....012.jpg

for one it would take alot of tanks to do that damage (story behind those screenshots,when abrams tank takes enough damage or something messes up too bad the cost of repairs is too great thus they use some kind of high explosives inside the tank and blast it so that nobody can make use of it,destroying everything inside and the treads)

At most I guess there would be somethin like a T72 or T55 (not sure which) turret being blown off or somethin,then again I don't really study tank warfare so I can't say.

pic

On this pic you can't see the turret turned to paper anymore so I guess they removed the entire thing, because the paper damage effect is really really starting to get old wink_o.gif especailly when you destroy all buildings in a town.

pic

On this pic you can't see the turret turned to paper anymore so I guess they removed the entire thing, because the paper damage effect is really really starting to get old wink_o.gif especailly when you destroy all buildings in a town.

what do you mean paper effect?

lol the damage models when an object is destroyed it looks like its made from paper. biggrin_o.gif

But it looks like the old damage effect.

Yes, looks like WGL mod...but more realistic on the Arma's screens.