Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Mercenaries 1

It uses the setobjecttexture command..

Ah..I'm not all that familiar with commands and such. Does that mean it's randomized, like the vehicles that use setobjtex for numbers? Or is it some sort of script enabled thing?

Nice job on hijacking the topic and turning it into a something thats creepy.

Nice one!  thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: Ontopic, just because I havent gone through every page...how many custom faces are in this and does the head model use the BIS faces at all?

Looks like it is back to the World War II Online forums, where the community is even older and more knowledgeable, the men and the women don't feel the need to pretend that they are in the company of kindergarteners and celibates, and everyone isn't trying to become a deputy moderator.

Ya ok, well off you go then.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]the men and the women don't feel the need to pretend that they are in the company of kindergarteners and celibates

Ya, the WW2 online community is a real online dating service.

I'm sure you'll do real well there! thumbs-up.gifrofl.gif

I seriously doubt they'll be using the VBS1 Head model. As far as I know, the fully custom Mercs (i.e. Jennifer, Graeme etc.) use completely new head models made by Neph. The other mercs which featured in the VBS1 Pack that were made by Frandsen/Jahve (unsure whether they will feature in the OFP version), will (assuming they feature) most likely be converted to use the OFP head model, or maybe Neph is making a new head-model (who knows?).

As SGT. Eversman correctly pointed out, the 2nd rifle script does infact use new weapon proxies as opposed to hidden-selections, which would up the poly-count considerably.

Lets try and keep this on-topic now. An addon of this quality (well, any addon for that matter), deserves constructive comments, and a forum thread that doesn't attempt to deviate from its intended purpose, and indeed go to the extent of sexually harassing the creator of the addon/thread. Anyway, I'm not a mod, so I'll just leave it there.

yup headmodels are made by Neph.

uhm...so with the proxy...is it easy to add new rifles into the script?

I mean you have the script and then you edit the script that you can use Jackals Weapons for example

Its not simply a case od just editing the script, you also have to edit the models to be in the position of a secondary weapon (i.e. the BIS LAW Launcher), instead of in the position of a primary weapon (i.e. an M16A2).

Example:

M16A2_example.jpg

This is an image of the BIS M16A2 Model in O2. Note the orientation of the model in each view window.

LAW_example.jpg

This is the BIS LAW Model (slightly edited for use in my weapons pack). The view window's position have not changed, but note the difference in orientation of the model, compared to the M16A2 in the image above it.

So you see, its not just a case of editing the script, each weapon model would require editing too.

hmm.. what will happen if you already HAVE a secondary weapon on back, i.e. LAW..?

I assume you can only carry two weapons in total, and a sidearm, so that if you have a LAW, that is one of your weapons, whereas for people who dont have an AT weapon, they can sling another gun there instead.

Quote[/b] ]I wanna know when the bikini model version of Jennifer comes out, so that she can sun herself on one of these speedboat addons.  Making a mercenary's pay, she must take some vacations along the French Riviera or around the Cayman Islands...

stop anything like that

if i should become aware of anything like that

ill cease further public releases!

also be aware that these models/textures are copyright protected

the models /textures are entirely scratcg made

i mean everything!

heads hands etc etc..

heads are indiviudal

its not possible to use any of the mercs (UAP) heads with ofp faces.

once the mercs are released ill make smal tute to show modders how to make more 2nd weaposn avalable.

atm the script uses the LAW slot for the 2nd rifle

there fore its not possible and not realistic to carry an additonal law...

also heavy machine guns can be supported but ive left them away simply because theyre too heavy

the tricky part on the script was actually the interchanging on between the rifle on the back and in hands

rest is very easy

to the mercs

they have several customizable parts that can beset via setobjecttexture

plz be patient.

btw im currently looking for some people to translate the readme in to diffrent languages

if your intrested drop me a pm smile_o.gif

@wmk

the law prolly gets dropped

havent tested this yet..

but anyway you have to deal with that.

ofp only supports 3 weapon slots

1. primary rifle

2. law

3. handgun

using setobjecttexture for the dummy rilfe would be suicide...

imageine haveing 34 diffrent rifles to setobjectexture on one unit...

Tommorow is weekend:)

Can't wait for the release.

Great job neph:)

i cant promise a 100% release this weekend.

í´ve also got other work i need to care about

which is also more important then the mercs.

be patient i´ll think theyr worth a bit of waiting.:)

as vbs1 use might can say....

but dotn expect too much im not very good..

nephilim

Cmon, don't worry. We will wait till OFP2/Next gen game/whatever will be released. Maybe only then will see this addon.

goodnight.gif

stanley. that Was not very nice.

She did a great job, and I will wait for her work, for week, year, century. She is one of the people who are makeing things very good.

Its easy to say "Why it isn't released yet?". If we try to make our own addon, we can see how hard it is. And she is a very respected person for me. Neph. sorry for me when I was asking when is the release date. Make the things good as always:) You are the best:)

BTW. Sorry for my bad english:P

lol, i cant wait smile_o.gif they look like good quality addons to me, i would like to use them in missions.

I dont no if this has been asked but what side they going on.. east/west/res?

smile_o.gif

Ingram

Every time I read such posts as yours, I begin to belive more and more, that addonmakers are making addons for themselfes. Of course, they owe us nothing, but when the addon was shown to the public, when the release date was named (and cancelled) for two times and this "public" cannot get the addon, it says about wrong behaviour of the addonmaker(s). Thats not right to announce the addon, and not to release it. Because it seems that the addonmaker is bragging how cool is he, but really he wants to spit on the needs of the public. Thats abnormal.

"-The word, Riggs.

- The word, Roger"

© Lethal Weapon

Thats the way =)

This comment isn't directed towards any one person:

Hopefully we have enough going on in our lives to occupy our mind and the delay or cancellation of a computer game addon won't cause us any emotional distress. Just the usual .02

And on a sidenote even though I don't know you orange juice I find your avatar deeply disturbing, don't ever change.

Ingram

Every time I read such posts as yours, I begin to belive more and more, that addonmakers are making addons for themselfes. Of course, they owe us nothing, but when the addon was shown to the public, when the release date was named (and cancelled) for two times and this "public" cannot get the addon, it says about wrong behaviour of the addonmaker(s). Thats not right to announce the addon, and not to release it. Because it seems that the addonmaker is bragging how cool is he, but really he wants to spit on the needs of the public. Thats abnormal.

"-The word, Riggs.

- The word, Roger"

© Lethal Weapon

Thats the way =)

"needs of the public"? WTF is wrong with you?

Stanley what the hell is your problem??

90% of your posts are like this"when is the release,relase it now,im tired of waiting etc.".You'll die or can't sleep at night if you don't have an addon when you wanted??

Like many others said it and it seems you still don't get it,is that a number of unknown factors can contribute to a delay of an addon,factors like technical problems with the addon or just simply real life problems(you know something else than bitching and moaning about release dates).

So how about you live with it eh?It's not the end of the world when an addon doesn't come out just because some stanley dude wants it on the table in seconds.

Sorry for this stupid quetion, you can't delete it:

[this message will be deleted] If these units will be released this night or tomorrow morning? [/this message will be deleted]

Very good! Cant wait! Some good features, (new weapons?) and very good units:yay:

Quote[/b] ]Thats not right to announce the addon, and not to release it. Because it seems that the addonmaker is bragging how cool is he, but really he wants to spit on the needs of the public. Thats abnormal.

You dont "need" anything.

She'll release when she's ready. The same goes for other mod makers.

Dont be so whiny. crazy_o.gif

Nephilim said these units may be released at some time this weekend if that's possible, they are after all finished. So until she does, go play with the limitless amount of other content the community has created or make some missions. xmas_o.gif

No. Don't understand me wrong.

I didn't wrote anything about that neph is makeing this addons for herself.

I just wanted to mark, that people are always shouting when some release date is not at the time.

Daniel, and thats the spirit:)

I am going to make some screens:)

Maby about Jets:)