Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Mercenaries 1

@wmk

the law prolly gets dropped

havent tested this yet..

Neph,

it would be great / at the other hand in real world if you carry two weapons and want to pick up another you have to leave one of them before.. so maybe your script should only check if 2nd/LAW slot is not empty and handle this in appropriate way so it would not return any error and say for example "sorry man, make some room first if you want to pick up that cool think" biggrin_o.gif

anyway it's a great and very unique work -even if this will not be released for ofp it's worth even $140 for... v***s product biggrin_o.gif (actually I saw beta pics of your mercs some time ago at v***s.com site and it was one of the reasons of starting thinking about getting into this... wink_o.gif [edit](really -I'm serious)[/edit]

notworthy.gif

And on a sidenote even though I don't know you orange juice I find your avatar deeply disturbing, don't ever change.

it´s the banana´s eyes, right? yay.gif

Hi Neph

Saw the VBS1 Units and they looked ace. Once question thou..

I noticed that the vbs1 units where all different heights, being as detailed as you are. this got me thinking, will the res pack also include them with the different heights (tall, small)? And if so, how?, without making a new anim pack. banghead.gif

Anyway keep up the great work as always.

Nick smile_o.gif

Pic of what im getting at

PS or it could be my eyes playing tricks on me, sorry inlove.gif

Krycek

Quote[/b] ]Stanley what the hell is your problem??

90% of your posts are like this"when is the release,relase it now,im tired of waiting etc.".You'll die or can't sleep at night if you don't have an addon when you wanted??

I really don't care about the release date, ok? I have a lot other games to play, like Q4, Fear, and a lot of other scrap to deal with.

I just wanted to say in previous post, that if you have given the word - keep it. And I don't mean only this topic and this addon. There must be some common foundations, I think.

@orange juice

Dude I've seen that weird looking creature bouncing around, but not with some funbags on it. The bananna I've seen before yes.

Getting back on topic:

Either way eventually the addon will be released, hopefully this doesn't turn into a flame war. After all it's just an addon, a very refined and polished looking one at that, but nothing worth getting angry over.

Krycek
Quote[/b] ]Stanley what the hell is your problem??

90% of your posts are like this"when is the release,relase it now,im tired of waiting etc.".You'll die or can't sleep at night if you don't have an addon when you wanted??

I really don't care about the release date, ok? I have a lot other games to play, like Q4, Fear, and a lot of other scrap to deal with.

I just wanted to say in previous post, that if you have given the word - keep it. And I don't mean only this topic and this addon. There must be some common foundations, I think.

If you don't care then go play your other games, and deal with your "scrap". Just quit bothering people. I mean it's exaclty this behavior that causes people to avoid providing information to "the public", not even a estimate. And yes I agree that it's important to keep your word, but in addon making things dont always turn out as you wish, but since you don't have any experience you have no idea what the addon making process is like, and how can releases can be pushed back. And it is expected most of the time. And also if you don't have anything productive to say, except complaining etc, then just dont say it (was gonna say something else but I better not). icon_rolleyes.gif And sorry for offtopic but I felt I need to get that out, because im really irritated. crazy_o.gif

guys calm down

stop that harrasment...

i dont want that topic to get locked down ok?

so if you dot have anyhting constructive to post dont

asking 10 times for the release date wont make it appear earlier...

if you have other questiosn post them

the mercs will be available under res side

the ofp version is not much diffren tfrom the vbs1 version

ive only replaced the vbs1 heads on tom and eric and the hands thats all...

yes the ofp version also will have deiffrent heighted units

and no you dont need any extra anim packs or wotsoever addons...

you just alter the model a bit thats all...

no new anims required for something like this at all..

Hi Neph

Saw the VBS1 Units and they looked ace. Once question thou..

I noticed that the vbs1 units where all different heights, being as detailed as you are. this got me thinking, will the res pack also include them with the different heights (tall, small)? And if so, how?, without making a new anim pack. banghead.gif

Anyway keep up the great work as always.

Nick smile_o.gif

Pic of what im getting at

PS or it could be my eyes playing tricks on me, sorry inlove.gif

Yeh, if you look, you'll see most of the main bits, like knees, hips, shoulders are at almost the same level, and their not that hugly different in size (Noticble, but not twice the height etc..).. So, giving a unit a slightly taller head, slightly longer neck, and more built-up shoulders, and slightly longer legs etc will make quite a difference between a normal sized unit and the streched one, and not screw up the normal anims

- Ben

Yeh, if you look, you'll see most of the main bits, like knees, hips, shoulders are at almost the same level, and their not that hugly different in size (Noticble, but not twice the height etc..).. So, giving a unit a slightly taller head, slightly longer neck, and more built-up shoulders, and slightly longer legs etc will make quite a difference between a normal sized unit and the streched one, and not screw up the normal anims

- Ben

duh... feels like a good magician´s trick has been revealed sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

magicimage01.jpg

@neph: the mercs use the standard anims?!? or have you done some new?

...yes the ofp version also will have deiffrent heighted units

and no you dont need any extra anim packs or wotsoever addons...

you just alter the model a bit thats all...

no new anims required for something like this at all...

She already answered you mate wink_o.gif

ooo thats cool, look at the likeness of neph nd eric smile_o.gif its amazing, well i think it wud be real fun engaged in combat with these guys, hehe neph ull be used in ppls mods nows, biggrin_o.gif gud work

As a matter of fact, my "likeness" was pretty much correct last week, when I had shaved my head because I didn't have time to get a proper haircut, and definitely don't wear tattoos, but hey, it's pretty cool to play me for a change, though maybe in the future she'll give me some hair....

Nephilim, would you like a radio female voice character to go with your model?

I have one finished female radio voice character (recorded by my girlfriend) that was supposed to go into a pack of female voices that I don't have time to finish. If you would like to use it, PM me. It would be good to combine the first decent female unit with a female voice to go with it.

any idea when we can finaly get these guys ? we all know they are finished so why are they not released yet ? did some new bugs come up ? or is it still your connection that is failing ?

she cud just record her own voice, lol its a while since i seen ur face tho eric biggrin_o.gif i just went off memory tounge2.gif

What would be the point in redoing a (AFAIK) prefectly good, finished voice pack or set?

- Ben

im writing translations of the readme smile_o.gif

ill hope i can make a scheduled release this weekend

she cud just record her own voice, lol its a while since i seen ur face tho eric biggrin_o.gif i just went off memory tounge2.gif

lol.. but I did some voice work for Sniperwolf572, so when Merc1 gets released for OFP, his little mission will have my voice in it.

Ummm this is a whole radio voice, as in every single word for OFP's radio replies, like

"10 o clock BMP 500, 3 attack BMP 10 o clock, engaging, BMP is history"

All it needs is to be added to the existing voice pack and entered as an identity into the main OFP .CPP  (alternatively it can overwrite an existing voice that isn't used much... I use the "Marc" profile)

It took me a good 4 hours broken into a couple of sessions to record, edit and cut this voice character.  Unlike many other packs which forget to record all the alphas, numerics, distances and o'clocks this has everything in a generic female voice (slightly Australian though).

So unless you have oodles of time an audio editing suite and the appropriate tools to decompile wavs back to WSS, a girl patient and willing enough to sit and say the same thing over again and again etc...

No?  I didn't think so.

Anyway, the offer stands.  Otherwise I'll just release in the later months this as a standalone pack with the Australian, English accents + Militia and plain speaking English pack I'm currently recording.

Quote[/b] ]What would be the point in redoing a (AFAIK) prefectly good, finished voice pack or set?

for authenticy that way the model wud look like her and sound like her wink_o.gif