Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

I think people should stop bugging Jackal about retexturing and making new weapons - We would all like our fav weapons in the game, but I would just prefer to play around with the new pack! I dont think that will happen if people keep asking for more!

To clarify: No, there are no XM-8 rifle variants, nor will there be in the for-seeable future. As of right now, no more weapons are being added. I'm finishing off the numerous ones I've already added (coding, inventory images, sounds etc.), and thats it - well, thats it until work on v3.0 begins icon_rolleyes.gif

Good to hear - any BTW, the army diched the XM8, its just a museum piece now. biggrin_o.gif

I hate when the Army considers any rifle besides an M4/16 variant. Glad the XM8 is history - it looked like crap anyway.

Waiting with baited breath, Jackal.

nooo why did they ditch the xm8huh.gif!!! tounge2.gif

it looked like from the Alien movies and itlooked really mean and pure pwnage! So boring to stick with the same boring m16' m4 stuff still... when will thf future get here? wink_o.gif

Nah way, it looked like a shoddy ACU covered hunk of plastic shite.

What weapon did it look like from the Alien movies? It sure as hell didn't look like any Pulse Rifle I've ever seen, or shotgun, or Incinerator, or Smartgun I've ever seen.

Nah way, it looked like a shoddy (...) hunk of plastic shite.

well, I hope you do know that's exactly what they said about the M16 when it was introduced. Just reminding you of that unimportant fact  wink_o.gif

Don't judge a weapon on it's looks when you've fired the damn thing. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

I hope you do know that's exactly what they said about the M16 when it was introduced. Just reminding you of that unimportant fact wink_o.gif

Of course the M16 managed to get past the prototype stage tounge2.gif

...and of course this topic is getting further adrift from its purpose again. huh.gif

hey Jackal, I was abit bored and made an M24A2 out of the M24 from your pack smile_o.gif

I know the mag is wrong but it was just a 10minute work so :P

thesniper.jpg

stay OT m8s wink_o.gif

jackal maybe you wont need to make an m24a2 after all

*starts talks with eversmann*

I'll make a better one wink_o.gif

Maybe you could make a better <insert badly needed weapon> first... whistle.gif

XM8s weren't ditched, just suspended indefinatly. They're going to rework them a bit after they analyze needs and problems from Iraqi Freedom.

Jakal, mate, Prick 177s are old school. US military uses the AN/VRC-91A Transceiver. The offical name is the SINCGARS (SINgle Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System) which is being merged under the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS or Jitters). Now, before I become slandered for begging for something ( nener.gif ), let me throw this out --> About all you need is a name change. The "Sinkcars" as we call it is a modular system carried in the ruck. So all you need to do is change a name.

But it's your pack mate. If you want to keep the Prick 177, it's your call. I use it anyway tounge2.gif

Keep up the work, mano. I love your packs.

Frostbite - having eyes, and being able to see out of both of them, I think I do know what I'm talking about. The XM8 LOOKS like an ACU covered lump of plastic shite. (I don't think I said the word "fire," "fired" or any such derivative in my previous posts). Topic closed.

@Jackal - are you going to revamp your radios, like .Tyger suggests? I do like having ye ole RTOs, and the more realistic, the better. smile_o.gif

i thought the Xm8 looked cool and yeah i heard HK is just going to rework the weapon. But yeah that m24 looks good.

Frostbite - having eyes, and being able to see out of both of them, I think I do know what I'm talking about. The XM8 LOOKS like an ACU covered lump of plastic shite. (I don't think I said the word "fire," "fired" or any such derivative in my previous posts). Topic closed.

And you said;

Quote[/b] ]Glad the XM8 is history - it looked like crap anyway

So you didn't want to weapon and judged it based on the wa it looks. Just like they did with the M16 when it was introduced.

I stand by my point; you can't judge a weapon in any way unless you've used it. No matter what the weapon looks like, it's not designed to look fancy in the hands of supermodels in camouflage, it's meant to be used to shoot and kill people as quickly and effectively as possible.

@jackel

any update pictures? I love drooling all over my keyboard because of update pictures tounge2.gifthumbs-up.gif

No, I wont be changing the radio, as I don't feel like changing the classname as well (buggers up old missions). EDIT: On second thoughts I may just alter the "display name" and keep the classname the same, as its only "SJB_Satcom" or similar

I've been busy working with Kyle Sarnik to try and get my shotguns coded like real shotguns, with moderate success (apart from a small niggling issue, but after talks with KS last night, we think we've managed to fix that - still need to test it). I'll hopefully get some shots, and perhaps a short video of the updated shotgun system when I get home from work this afternoon.

ah one note:

I don't want a competition with Jackal, just making some special versions out of his smile_o.gif

Sure Jackal is the better addon maker, I have to learn howto create new stuff and such smile_o.gif

Ah, looks like the pack is doing well. I just got back from a family emergency.....all is well now considering the circumstances......however, this bickering about the weapon pack is more welcomed than listenting to greedy family members talking about who gets what........*sighs*

ok, back to topic.....

Looking great my freind notworthy.gif

My only request is that the pack is released sometime before i go into OCS (paperwork starts may 10th)

hehe just my luck, the pack will be released the day i leave confused_o.gif

you da man, Jackal thumbs-up.gif

OCS, eh? Im ROTC myself. UD Branch of 7th Brigade, Ohio Cadet Command.

@Lifeguard:

I think you will be around for a release date, altough, don't take my word for granted.

Yeah, I would think so, just don't set a release date Jackal. Cause if you do, and miss it, you're gonna have a hell of a bitching...

Keep the good job up, can't wait for the new version biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and BTW;

you da man, Jackal thumbs-up.gif

Indeed.

wink_o.gif