Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

No, it takes me a whole day to motivate myself to do it...because whilst I'm doing it I contemplate suicide because its that god-damn boring!

Mais non! Configs are my favorite after scripts, so much to work with, playing around with them... one time I made a helicopter with a rotor dive of 90 degrees - it was like flying an Osprey...  biggrin_o.gif  You just have to know all of the cool little things you can do.  wink_o.gif

Jackal meet Kyle, Kyle meet Jackal.

Config problem solved. smile_o.gif j/k

Nice Famas Jackal.

No, it takes me a whole day to motivate myself to do it...because whilst I'm doing it I contemplate suicide because its that god-damn boring!

Mais non! Configs are my favorite after scripts, so much to work with, playing around with them... one time I made a helicopter with a rotor dive of 90 degrees - it was like flying an Osprey...  biggrin_o.gif  You just have to know all of the cool little things you can do.  wink_o.gif

Jackal meet Kyle, Kyle meet Jackal.

Config problem solved.   smile_o.gif   j/k

Nice Famas Jackal.

Jackal is rather secluded, and independent, I don't think he welcomes help too often. Besides, I know he'd rather not have to put up with me more than he allready does each day... icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

I doubt he trusts me, and for good reasons, because I would take too many things into my own hands... *caugh*F2000*caugh* nener.gif

whistle.gif

Those shots of the FAMAS are looking really good Jackal. Also those pictures of your M16A2 are looking nice, just curious though do you plan to keep the same sound f/x or are you thinking about changing them? Thanks

@JGreyNemo/Kyle: Its not that I don't trust Kyle, its simply that if I do it all myself, I have a lot more control over what is done, how its done, and when its done (though the latter is often a bad thing)...that and he'd want to add a damn F2000 to the pack, like he keeps hinting at every 5 minutes on MSN crazy_o.gif

@marine26thmeu: I plan on keeping most of the soundsthe same.

IMO A2 sounds are quite good, altough I don't know how realistic are they, it's very hard to reproduce real gunshot in a game.

Werry nice one I like it. And I still dont know are you making or was already made a IDF GALIL I mean there is no one in ofp world Its such a shame. confused_o.gif

to be honest there isnt anything special about the galil but a galil MAR or Magal would be something...

Jackal a request which will more than likely (99%) be denied could you possibly ise as an alternative to the aimpoint a acog ta 26 1,5x16 so it give slightly better long range accuracy while maintaining the bac priv of cqc (on an m4 or g36 platform would be nice)

any 6.5 or 6.8 conversions planned?

good pics of magal

(offtopic)

could you send this site to the estonian forces mod plz

under addons and mods complete

(ontopic)

in the screenshots the grainy sort of texture on the aimpoint is that Killflash©?

(offtopic)

could you send this site to the estonian forces mod plz

under addons and mods complete

Well, since Jackal and estikass has already met, I don't see that as a problem wink_o.gif

Anyways, very nice Famas, hope you can make alot of weapons we don't have, especially with the quality of your work.

Just make sure to give 'em ACOG's tounge2.gif

Great work (do I really need to add "as usual"?) /asslick

wink_o.gif

@JGreyNemo/Kyle: Its not that I don't trust Kyle, its simply that if I do it all myself, I have a lot more control over what is done, how its done, and when its done (though the latter is often a bad thing)...that and he'd want to add a damn F2000 to the pack, like he keeps hinting at every 5 minutes on MSN crazy_o.gif

@marine26thmeu: I plan on keeping most of the soundsthe same.

Well I guess you could say I'm quite fast, nearly everyone allready does... icon_rolleyes.gif I think you've allready seen how fast I work when I fell like it. wink_o.gif I only get bored when I lose interest, which only happens when the work gets small and insignificant - in my mind... tounge2.gif

And what the hell do you have against the F2000? Like so many others, you've got bad taste... nener.gif

I mean, the FAMAS? That thing puts me to sleep... icon_rolleyes.gif

The F2000 in Belgian mod not good enough for you? I admit it ain't the highest quality (read: SJB quality), but... biggrin_o.gif

The F2000 in Belgian mod not good enough for you? I admit it ain't the highest quality (read: SJB quality), but... biggrin_o.gif

It's not the quality, it's the model design - and it's lack of modularity. What people tend to neglect is that, IRL, the F2000 can be stripped into this:

f2000strip20di.jpg

fn_f2000_modular.jpg

But everyone allways models it with fixed modules (integral 1.6x optical sight, 40mm or plain handguard) that cannot be seperated from the rest of the weapon, making it impossible to make tactical versions such as this:

F2000_FN_Herstal_France_Milipol_2003_01.jpg

Being obsessed with this weapon, I can provide close up pictures of the modular parts (and many others) if anyone were interested in modelling it. This is too important of a feature to be left out and I'm sick of seeing it so.

Yeah, I love that gun too Kyle. When I first saw it i tought it's some Sci-Fi gun, but I did some research on it and found out it wasn't. wow_o.gif

Altough someone made a stand alone model of it in the past, not sure who.

Also, lovely FAMAS, in love with it since I first saw it in MGS. inlove.gif

what about the existing F2000 pack? why not use that instead of hounding poor Jackal...

Just mod the existing F2000 available.

a few rails here and there and your done. Its not like it will change much about the performance of the thing ingame anyway. That and he would then have to come up with custom anims so that the units held the weps correctly.

Requests are fine, but badgering annoys and also forces people to be frustrated and do desperate things  pistols.gif

Oh and btw the FAMAS is looking shit hot man thumbs-up.gif

what about the existing F2000 pack? why not use that instead of hounding poor Jackal...

Ok, nobody's hounding anyone... The offer is there for anyone who wants to do it.

And like I said before, both F2000 models (Belgian forces' and Sole's) don't have the modularity - the optical sight is fused to the rest of the model and same goes for the handguard - so they can't be changed.  confused_o.gif

Both models are pretty good, only I wish they took the modularity into account when modelling them. I really want a tactical version (with integral sight removed and rail exposed - it's there under the sight which some people seem to forget), which can't be made out of either of them without having to remodel certain significant parts.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]Just mod the existing F2000 available.

a few rails here and there and your done.

But I allready said that the optical sight on those models can't be removed (and believe me, I've tried) without causing damage to the rest of the model. Even if they could, the whole top of the gun would have to be remodelled to correct the innaccuracies.

First off, I do have plans for a Galil (in several variations), but these wont make it to the v2.0 release, as right now they're just plans and no work has actually begun yet, merely gathering of source images - as such I'm greatful for the links provided.

As for the F2000, it may make it into a future version, but I have to draw the line and exclude it from v2.0 of the pack. I have to draw the line somewhere. In the meantime, Sole (addon tag SSV if you want to do a search on ofp.info or somesuch) released an F2000 pack a while back, which I seem to think contained a version with Rails (and various optic mounts). Either way, discussion of that particular addon should remain in its thread, which can probably be found somewhere in this very section. EDIT: Turns out that was inaccurate and Sole's pack DOESN'T contain a railed version.

@helping_hand: THIS isn't exactly what you meant, but its close enough (HERE it is from another angle) - basically its a regular aimpoint optic with an aimpoint magnifier attached behind it on a twist-mount (model parts by Dasquade). Right now I don't plan any 6.x conversions.

Several innaccuracies/limitations in the existing F2000 models are summed up below.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The F2000 is extremely modular, and several key parts are involved in allowing for different varients.

One such part is very hard to notice at first, but is very important. The front part of the rail on the foreground weapon here can be replaced with a piece that has a "sling swivel" to be used when the optical sight is mounted on it, as you can see in the weapon behind it:

f2000example8wv.jpg

The rail is fixed (always there), just not always exposed. The optical sight is infact mounted on it and covers it - fitting perfectly to the shape of the gun. This is the sight without it's cover:

scope9th.jpg

The rear part which slopes up contains an integral rear ironsight, as you can see here on this FS2000:

f2000example25za.jpg

And then there is the handguard, which is outlined due to it's slighlty darker tone. This can be replaced by a number of handguards with rails, tactical flashlights, etc., or with a special 40mm grenade launcher module:

handguard9sh.jpg

granadel2ai.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

That's just some information I figured I should write down before it gets lost... and incase Jackal's F2000 does make it into a future version.  icon_rolleyes.gif Galil sounds nice too, can't wait for post v2.0...  biggrin_o.gif  tounge2.gif

KS are you obsessed with that damned f2000? get some theropy dude firefoxlover.gif

isnt that aimpoint called a tripower jackal?

KS are you obsessed with that damned f2000? get some theropy dude  firefoxlover.gif

isnt that aimpoint called a tripower jackal?

Someone has to be, to make up for the thousands of people obsessed with M4's and AK-47's... tounge2.gif

On another note, stop hijacking the thread. If you want to talk about the modular nature of the F2000, kindly take it to the OFF-TOPIC board, or somewhere else thats applicable (anywhere by here). Getting really sick and tired of it now.

Quote[/b] ]isnt that aimpoint called a tripower jackal?

Probably, need to talk with Dasquade about the correct designations.

@Jackal326

Are you going to do F2000?Never see your posts about that...but it would be a very nice addition ti your pack I hope.