Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Men,keep away from Jackal with suggestions.I believe work is nearly complete and private beta test will be soon.So,I must admit that adding "a few new guns" would be worse for you in first place-in case with such trend we would never have SJB's 2.0 pack out. wink_o.gif

indeed arma assault would be out and being modded then j326 would finnally release the pack with something like a 1000 weapons...

on a note of the sniper rifle views jackal are they the standard all over black or the ffur style because if they are the ffur type then you have put a hell of a lot of work into just that tiny amount which means that the rest of the pack must me 110% perfect in all other aspects keep up the good work master jackal notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

@ .Tyger--Yea doin the officer gig.....tried to do ROTC for college, but A&M didnt accept me as a student (Damn Aggies) mad_o.gif

So OCS is the way for me *sighs*. Though i did do JROTC in military school. (like the army cares about that, right?)

Ohio huh? im up in michigan.

Ok, back on topic.

I didnt mean to give him a request on release date, i like to think of it more of a "hint"

inlove.gif

I agree about not putting a release date, but the child inside of us all is like "GIMME WHATCHYA GOT!"

speaking of weapons.......i tried using an MP5-SD of LSR's to drop some tangos.........used half a mag of 9mm on 1 guy confused_o.gif

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing LSRs work, i almost worship him and his projects, but damn, Id be better off clubbin the guy with it. Stickin to my M-4 suppressed, thank you. nener.gif

But all those guns are going into crates I hope? crazy_o.gif Otherwise I would have to put down 300+ dead guys! rofl.gif

Yeah, would be nice... You'll be spending half the day scrolling down the action menu when near the M4 crate though. wink_o.gif

But all those guns are going into crates I hope? crazy_o.gif Otherwise I would have to put down 300+ dead guys! rofl.gif

I remember one great day last August, whilst staying with my cousin who lives out in the middle of nowhere going through each soldier and playing with all the guns. It was great. I certainly cant wait till these weapons come out.

simple solution to the crate thing.

in the previous pack if you read the readme you will find that jackal wrote in some init line scripts to add the differant weapon sets beware though that putting all of these init field lines in may make the save and load time of map/missions to increase wink_o.gif

could just create crates for different weapon systems... M4 crates, M16 crates etc etc

yeah i remember the old earl and suchey marine pack had a few different crates, special ops crate and a regular crate and some smaller crate or can or something smile_o.gif

I've been busy working with Kyle Sarnik to try and get my shotguns coded like real shotguns, with moderate success (apart from a small niggling issue, but after talks with KS last night, we think we've managed to fix that - still need to test it). I'll hopefully get some shots, and perhaps a short video of the updated shotgun system when I get home from work this afternoon.

Do the shotguns work like that old M590 shotgun addon that LSC released? I loved that addon, it used to a script that made it work a lot better than other shotgun addons.

I've been busy working with Kyle Sarnik to try and get my shotguns coded like real shotguns, with moderate success (apart from a small niggling issue, but after talks with KS last night, we think we've managed to fix that - still need to test it). I'll hopefully get some shots, and perhaps a short video of the updated shotgun system when I get home from work this afternoon.

Do the shotguns work like that old M590 shotgun addon that LSC released? I loved that addon, it used to a script that made it work a lot better than other shotgun addons.

It would kick ass if it did.

Do the shotguns work like that old M590 shotgun addon that LSC released?  I loved that addon, it used to a script that made it work a lot better than other shotgun addons.

thumbs-up.gifwink_o.gif

Isn't this better than talking about ammo crates? tounge2.gif

Isn't this better than talking about ammo crates? tounge2.gif

No, I found that conversation highly interesting... tounge2.gif

Yeah, the way BIS coded shotguns in the game was horrendous - though I suppose you cant blame them because there wasnt a shotgun in the original game, and they did the best they could pistols.gif

I'm not sure about the particular M590 addon you mnetioned, unless it was by Kyle Sarnik wink_o.gif

Basically, with Kyle's scripts, the weapon fires one round (one unit from the ammo counter) and a full spread of buckshot is fired) - no more of that "7 round burst" bullshit.

As for the ammo crates, I've already got some in the works (well, a contact of mine has anyway).

I'm not sure about the particular M590 addon you mnetioned, unless it was by Kyle Sarnik wink_o.gif

Basically, with Kyle's scripts, the weapon fires one round (one unit from the ammo counter) and a full spread of buckshot is fired) - no more of that "7 round burst" bullshit.

As for the ammo crates, I've already got some in the works (well, a contact of mine has anyway).

My script is based off of LSC's, same concept (that's really the only way to do it anyways).

My script is based off of LSC's, same concept (that's really the only way to do it anyways).

Awesome, that script actually makes shotguns worth using in this game.  Cant wait for this next release.

Heres the old M590 I was talking about:

LSC's M590

OK, I haven't got around to making that video of the shotgun, but as everyone seems to know the concept behind it, I probably wont bother now - saves me some time. Speaking of time, I had an hour or so spare the other night, and came up with THIS, all it needs is the updated scope slapped onto the rail, and a slight tweak to the positioning of said rail in relation to the main reciever, and its ready, so it probably will make it into v2.0 afterall wink_o.gif

nice model! I know I shouldnt be saying this after giving out about other people making suggestions (me being the big hypocrite smile_o.gif )- but you should consider for the next pack the new US Army sniper - the M110 I think its called, basically its an SR-25 with a different scope and rails.

EDIT: I vaguely recall someone mentioning this before, but its up to you anyway.

The M24A2 WILL be the LAST weapon to be added before v2.0 - No more requests will be considered until development of v3.0 of the pack begins, as I want to try and actually get this released. If I took into consideration everyone's requests, I'd be up shit-creak and never get the pack released.

Wise solution,Jackal.Hope you'll release it soon.

great J326 m24a2 to play with the count has gotta be at least 300+ now?

Its nearing 300. I'm not entirely sure of an exact number - no doubt I'll find out when I code the last few weapons, as I'll be able to check in the config.cpp once its complete.

There were about 193 (1st page of the thread; I got over 210 when counting on a printed readme, wtf?) weapons in v1.1 (plus one radio), so I think we'll easily pass 250 with v2.0...

Plus considering the fact that some of the old weapons have been tweaked and improved - theres gona be alot of new stuff to play with

Small update to the M24A2 - the scope still isn't final, I still have to add lens-caps and tweak the scaling slightly. Forgive the crap quality of the screenshot, it was saved in Paint as Photoshop doesn't want to work right now huh.gif