Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

FINALLY got the weapon pack to work correctly.

Congrats mate, hope you enjoy it. What was causing the problem and how did you fix it? (Might come in handy for anyone else experiencing similar problems).

Need those HK416's, drool..........

Saw the version on SgtEversman's SWAT thread and that looks sweet.....

Yeah, thats a version he knocked together from the basic M4A1 model in the pack. Whereas, mine is a re-texture, plus a lot of model tweaking and tinkering. Mine will (in my opinion) look better once its done wink_o.gif (no offence to SGT.Eversman's version intended).

I should have some screenshots tomorrow of the new aimpoint model I've made (yes, I've made another one - the 5th time around, and I think I have finally got it down). This time, I used PAATOOL to convert the textures from 32-bit TGAs, so the texture quality is far crisper, with a lot less artifacts and 'bitmapping' present.

Well, this is not an HK...at least not in his hands

Oh really, what is it then?

humm..You`re kidding right? I can still recognize an M4.

Not sure what broke it finally just shoved all of the SBJ stuff into its own mod folder. That and it kept downgrading to the old verssion from the TOS seals pack. Now can use the weaposn even more so the bunch of infantry pack that use SBJ weapons I couldn't use.

Finally got to uploading the shots of the new aimpoints (a while back I made a 'CQB Aimpoint' which I placed on the CQB Variants of the rifles in the pack - namely the HK416 and M4A1 rifles).

Here they are:

CQB Aimpoint (ignore the texture bitmapping, they've been replaced since the shot was taken).

Regular Aimpoint (with new bitmap-less textures).

The M4A1s (and others) will retain the old model (with the new textures), where as the HK416 and LR300 (and selected others) will have their aimpoint replaced with the new one in the second link. The two are similar, but not exactly alike, so there will be some variety between models.

Lacks a lot of detail and the textures are crap, don't you think so? huh.gif

eeeuh  wink_o.gif  just kidding of course! Looks fricking awesome man!! Those aimpoints look sharp as a razerblade!!  

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Thanks guys wink_o.gif

Here is something else you guys may like, especially those of you who complained the M4/M16AX rifle textures were too dark.

New M4A1 Textures (right)

...and again from front-left

Let me know your thoughts/opinions on the new textures.

NOTE: The AN/PEQ texture is yet to be alterred to a more grey theme.

They're awesome! much better and more detailed than the previous ones, btw, please can you keep the same names of textures folders.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif OOOOO

Thats looking nice! Are you also going to use these textures on the M16A4's? That would also be great! Together with the scopes these look really nice! thumbs-up.gif

Yes I am planning on using those same textures on the M16AX series of rifles, as well as the CAR15 series. I am however experiencing some problems matching the foregrip and stock textures of the M16AX series to the body textures, as they originally started out as being part of another weapon, so the original colour values were different. I'm still working at it, and once I get it close enough, I'll post images.

Holy shit those are probably the best looking M4s in OFP! Cant wait to play with them. How are the other guns going along? notworthy.gif

The other guns are progressing well, in terms of their models anyway. The config is another story. The spare time I have had recently has been spent working on the M4A1 textures, and the texture-mapping of those models that are affected by the textures being alterred (mentioned in my previous reply). Therefore, very little of my time has been spent working on the weapon definitions within the config.cpp. I hope to get the HK416s (at least, but hopefully more weapons) ingame, by the end of this weekend. I'll post more info when I have it.