Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Aright thank you very much. Also if you want to cheack out the M4 Marksmen, it's under WEST>SJB Weapons smile_o.gif . It's a cool weapon pistols.gif .

Finaly had the time to try em out.

Well they are really great looking weapons inlove.gif , but what seems to be a bit forgotten is the realism in this weaponspack.

I mean almost every weapon including the MP-5's has got an Initspeed of about 2200 m/s huh.gif

Also on some of the models, parts of the scope or other weaponparts are disapearing behind the muzzle-flash.

I boosted the initspeed (perhaps too far) as most of the weapons the rounds, for some unknown reason, were dropping less than 200m from having been fired, at such a rate I could stand on the large hill on desert island, fire due south parallel with the ground, and the rounds would drop and hit LAND before making it over the ocean. I'll tweak these values accordingly in an attempt to find realistic values.

I too discovered the BMI Blackop issue when using the handguns. Strangely, I remember using them in several 'fun' missions I created without incident, the problem only seemed to start when I took the handguns from crates/dead-bodies. It only happens, in my experience anyway, with the BMI Blackops, so as has been said I imagine its a BlackOp issue.

Quote[/b] ]Also on some of the models, parts of the scope or other weaponparts are disapearing behind the muzzle-flash.

Thats an issue with the .PAA texture format. Earl explained it to me once and I can't quite remember what he said, but it was to the effect of OFP incorrectly layering the .PAAs so when the Muzzle-flash, with Alpha channels to make areas-tranparent is loaded "in front" of a PAA without Alpha channels, sometimes it causes the 'vanishing' model-parts issue. The only way for me to fix it would be to re-do the muzzle flash in EVERY Model, which I am prepared to do, but there are more pressing bugs to be resolved first, so this will be done in more of a major update.

I still haven't got around to editing the classname file whistle.gif but I will hopefully be able to sort it when I get home from work tonight.

quote "Aright thank you very much. Also if you want to cheack out the M4 Marksmen, it's under WEST>SJB Weapons . It's a cool weapon"

lol, under west, SJB weapon, i'm sure that helps him a lot man, considering thats where EVERY single one of these weapons are wink_o.gif

I have a problem with your handguns (excellent in all other ways btw! ). When I pick them up from the ground, dead bodies or crates I cant reload them and the slide stays back. Reload-Hotkey doesnt work and there is not a reload option in the actionmenu.

I have magazines....

quote "Aright thank you very much. Also if you want to cheack out the M4 Marksmen, it's under WEST>SJB Weapons  . It's a cool weapon"

lol, under west, SJB weapon, i'm sure that helps him a lot man, considering thats where EVERY single one of these weapons are wink_o.gif

Lol it's the only one that there "M4 Marksmen" and "M4 Marksmen (Bipod)", i'm pretty sure it's like that biggrin_o.gif . Can someone please tell me the classname for it? welcome.gif

From the readme!!!!!!!

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_C

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_D

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_C

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_D

PS:Always read the readme

Mfg OG

It wasn't in the readme, also what is it for the SD version?

Is it:

SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD?

Edit - nvm it is lol tounge2.gif .

I have a problem with your handguns (excellent in all other ways btw! ). When I pick them up from the ground, dead bodies or crates I cant reload them and the slide stays back. Reload-Hotkey doesnt work and there is not a reload option in the actionmenu.

I have magazines....

press spacebar to change weapons when the pistol is out.

thats an OFP bug

Quote[/b] ]Also on some of the models, parts of the scope or other weaponparts are disapearing behind the muzzle-flash.

Thats an issue with the .PAA texture format. Earl explained it to me once and I can't quite remember what he said, but it was to the effect of OFP incorrectly layering the .PAAs so when the Muzzle-flash, with Alpha channels to make areas-tranparent is loaded "in front" of a PAA without Alpha channels, sometimes it causes the 'vanishing' model-parts issue. The only way for me to fix it would be to re-do the muzzle flash in EVERY Model, which I am prepared to do, but there are more pressing bugs to be resolved first, so this will be done in more of a major update.

I still haven't got around to editing the classname file whistle.gif but I will hopefully be able to sort it when I get home from work tonight.

All you have to do is get the muzzle flash and the rest of the weapon on the same alpha. Use this trick, select the muzzle flash, go to faces, then click move to top, then select the rest of the weapon, go to faces, click move to top then click move to prev. alpha. That should put them on the same alpha and fix your problem.

Thanks Kyle, but I found a slightly quicker way, I sim ply opened the model, selected the entire weapon (minus the muzzle-flash) and then clicked on faces, then 'Send Bottom'. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, its saved me a lot of hassle.

I'll be uploaded the updated class-name file shortly.

All M4 Marksman classnames:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">M4 Customised Marksman SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Woodland) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_C SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Desert) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_D SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, Woodland) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_C SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, Desert) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_D SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (SD) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (SD, Woodland) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD_C SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (SD, Desert) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD_D SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD, Woodland) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD_C SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD, Desert) SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD_D SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

I browsed the whole config for weapons and ammo classnames last night, you can get the list here:

SJB Weapon classnames

It would be nice if this file could be available also on the mirror sites smile_o.gif

Wow, thanks a lot W0lle. wow_o.gif

P.S. - I couldn't find it in the readme, but i guess there is not M4 SOPMOD/M203 (DESERT)?

Also SJB, the recoil for some of the handguns is to strong imo. I mean the M9, wow the guy moves so much when you fire with it, it's stronger than the M4's, the 50. Caliber sniper rifle and more. Will you be releasing an update to fix this in the near future?

This file might be useful too. It's a description.ext with alot of the SJB weapons as gear loadout. Not all, but save sometime at least.

you kinda forgot that you can use normal m16 & m4 mags with the corresponding weapons in that class name list

P.S. - I couldn't find it in the readme, but i guess there is not M4 SOPMOD/M203 (DESERT)?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- M4 SOPMOD w/ M203* ** - SJB_TOS_M4_M203 - SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4, SJB_TOS_M203_Grenade, SJB_TOS_M203_Vest, GrenadeLauncher, Flare, FlareGreen, FlareRed, FlareYellow

Quote[/b] ]> NOTE 1) Weapons marker with a "*" after their description have a woodland camo version. Simply add "_C" to the

end of the weapon class-name to access the weapon. e.g. "SJB_TOS_M4_M203_C"

> NOTE 2) Weapons marker with "**" after their description have a desert camo version. Simply add "_D" to the

end of the weapon class-name to access the weapon. e.g. "SJB_TOS_M4_M203_D"

Sorry lol, thanks.

Ops sorry lol i meant a M4 SOPMOD with a M203 and Aimpoint (DESERT).

Sorry lol, thanks.

Ops sorry lol i meant a M4 SOPMOD with a M203 and Aimpoint (DESERT).

no, only one with the iron-sights.

OK, I've finally completed the model tweaking (the muzzle-flash causing elements of several models to become invisible when viewed directly behind the flash texture). I have also modelled the M4A1 CQB SD, which will also hopefully be included in v1.01 of the pack. I am still debating whether or not to include the updated models in the patch, as it would require re-shipping SJB_TOSM4.pbo, which is responsible for the bulk of the filesize of the original addon. If I just include an update for the weapon names, ballisitcs etc. then the patch will only be ~400kb, as only SJB_TOSM4_cpp.pbo will need to be updated. I was instead considering releasing an interim patch, fixing the config.cpp reltaed issues with the pack (ballistics, weapon designations etc), and then releasing a full-patch, including the updated models, and adding new weapon variations, at a later date. If the interim patch is decided upon, it could be released as early as next weekend, however the "full-scale" patch would take slightly longer, as it would require more time to code and test the new weapon variations etc. Please post your opinions

when i try to extract the .cab i get an error message reading something like not enough memory, even when i unpack the 3kb readme file.

i have ~35gb free space on my HD and 512 mb ram which should be enough actually, but nevertheless i get that error message, even with all programmes closed.

oh yeah, and i DID download the file twice, just to be sure there was no erroneous download huh.gif

unless this proves to be a problem of my system, couldn't someone provide a .rar or .zip mirror? rapidshare.de or yousendit.com would be enough.

cheers smile_o.gif

my vote goes to

Quote[/b] ]the "full-scale" patch would take slightly longer, as it would require more time to code and test the new weapon variations etc.

because I think you provided 200 ways to make the wait worthwhile, so take all the time you need for a full-scale patch wink_o.gif