Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Ok, back on track boys and girls, everyone seems to want to have there pounds worth but that'll stop now.

Heres a Screeny from DSF beta Cloak, look straight through the big birdy.

cloak.jpg

Unless it's a spoiler from season 9, how is a cloaking thing related to the stargate mod? I mean, in what way is it used for the Stargate mod or is it not related to it and I'm just seeing things? wink_o.gif

Hi, this is a bit of a random question but I download a mission that was released and it requires the sgc_m4.pbo file which I can't seem to find, does anyone know what that addon is and where I can find it? I keep trying to do a search for the sgc_m4 file and all it does is take me back to this thread.

Edit :- Very nice work Dingmatt, that'll make interesting concepts to future missions.

2nd Edit :- I just did a search on my HD for it and I found it, I admit that was a stupid error but I'm seriously suprised I missed that one file and nothing else.

I think it means a file from the weapon pack.

Edit: see next post

Hi, this is a bit of a random question but I download a mission that was released and it requires the sgc_m4.pbo file which I can't seem to find, does anyone know what that addon is and where I can find it?

Edit :- Very nice work Dingmatt, that'll make interesting concepts to future missions.

you need the stargate mod weapon pack (by CRIONYK) wink_o.gif

you can find all addons at www.ofp-sgc.com where there is a nice live-chat, so you can ask most of your questions there smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BXBX's weapon pack

crazy_o.gif it's mine huh.gif it's a partnership but i'm the original author. the right credits are CRIONYK & BXBX weapon pack

I just put what it said on OFP-SGC.com:

Quote[/b] ] Weapons pack public beta released!

Written by Walmis

Friday, 10 March 2006

BXBX has released a public beta of his SGC weapons and new jaffa.

Unless it's a spoiler from season 9, how is a cloaking thing related to the stargate mod? I mean, in what way is it used for the Stargate mod or is it not related to it and I'm just seeing things? wink_o.gif

there are Cloaks in stargate in series 3 aphopis motherships have cloaking devices installed and i think i have seen cargo ships with them to. and the cloak is being made of walmis puddle jumpers from Stargate Atlantis which also have Cloaking devices. they are also in series 9 but wont spoil that for you.

Quote[/b] ]Accusing someone to steal a portion of the code and release it as his own is stealing, but what TheWraith did was make the gates more user friendly from what I've read. Good for him. I was waiting for his audio pack

audio pack v4 will still be comming out dude smile_o.gif

and thanks for your Comments (i no i should of asked) :'(

before i can release i have to clear up an issue with bxbx

and possibly dingmatt & a load of other people here  banghead.gif

i have a question for Everyone HERE (specialy addon makers)

i DONT want to argue with people,

i just want to make my addon helpfull to noobs

(like me and many others)

also people need to comment or it'll get no were

the current iris script, i conceved & finalized

started a while ago now (before 1.2)

dingmatt actualy asked if i needed help with it on this page

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=525

i then replied and asked for help here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=540

but i feel seeing it was a noob effort at a script the offer of help was suddenly ignored (clear as day)

then later Here im still trying

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=630

and Here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=645

then walmis steps in to save the day (much apreciated & needed)

thing is Me & Walmis finalized the IrisControl script,

and i released it in the AudioFXAddon version 2

(so in OFP terms this item is my concept) with much help from walmis

it later apeard again in v3

During all this time NO one ever said you cant use that type of code withought permission, i was just helped along with making it

im NOT even complaining my idea is in 1.2 (wich it is)

even if its code is written diffrently (its your code)

but its my ofp idea, with ought walmis i'd probably would'nt of finished it, and it is finished (also looks Nothing like it did)

looks nothing like the dsf code nither (does the same job though)

The Question is,

What is Aceptable and What is Stealing ?

(i no i should'nt of released the edited 1.1 mod)

but im asking about actual code, whats right and whats wrong ?

Im Trying to do the Right thing, ive been told i should ask

and im asking (and ive already asked)

if we can use Addon makers code in our missions

such as the Stargate Demo

on the trigger is this

[group ws1,g2]exec ""\SG_DHD\sqs\togate.sqs"

and on its Condition is this

nearestobject[g2,""SG_gate""]in BX_SGopen"

does it not stand to reason then that we may use these commands in an SQS ?

because if not, then that would mean such commands

as addmagazine "SGC_mp5mag"  are also not allowd as thats Thier code

im a noob right but its my understanding that to WRITE a whole new command

i would HAVE to edit the model to add that Animation Phase

and then Release "wich i cant" unless i make the WHOLE thing

so to draw a line "For NOOBs like me"

so i no wich side to stand on, what is acceptable to use and what is not ?

do YOU addon makers think Animation Phase code & Add Action code

is allowd in Missions & SQS or only in the addon its self ?

its a simple question, all be it a stupid one, but from previos posts regarding bxbx gate commands i feal i should ask before i release, because noob or not, i dont get whats ok and whats not when it comes to commands

(ive asked bxbx as yet no reply, probably as its a dumb question)

but if a few Addon makers can tell me, i'l no were i stand

and what i can release

if Anyone wants to look at the proposed script and elaborate on whats right and wrong, just ask and il pm it for your advice

also the cloak looks interesting, the Airwolf MOD Jeep

has a simlar thing (but more of an error)

when your inside you can see everything through the wind screen

if you change to external view and rotate to look through the window, the object is invisable

(im refearing to the Plane aspect though not the players head)

ps

anyone that dont actualy get my main point here, i'l put it simple

1 trigger in a mission, runs an SQS, in the sqs is a command to remove the "Open Door" option from an addon,

hence externaly changing an addon during a mission

the fine line between this is, the SQS is in an addon

NOT a mission folder    help.gif

i dont want to argue, or be made to look stupid

i just need a few honnest opinions

StargateAudioandFX.pbo  the FX clearly states FX

or the "and" would come after the word Audio

and be StargateAudioFXandPhrases.pbo

everyone new what i was making when i first started

an audio addon with scripts that create fx (they've had 3 versions of it)

if people want v4, i need to no about whats ok and not.

& please dont quote this, just reply (because its massive) goodnight.gif

My suggestion: Use a "." (period) instead of smashing your enter key all the time. Your posts will be alot shorter (looking)

Quote[/b] ]My suggestion: Use a "." (period) instead of smashing your enter key all the time. Your posts will be alot shorter (looking)

i type so its readable on any pc  biggrin_o.gif

my desk top is 800x600,  keep using . and its not very fair,

for example if i just keep typing on this line, it expands right across the screen, anyone with 800x600 will have murder with this and not because of the forum boxes, or my grammar

because of the picture posted above lol

you guys with 1240x desk tops have no idea what ye do to us 800x users   rofl.gif

although noted this forums boxes are seperate (wich is a sweet feature)

its just a habbit ive gotten from other places  banghead.gif

Will you at least stop pasting thousands of lines of code? I've only seen that like twice, but it bugged me. I alos just noticed this icon existed

firefoxlover.giffirefoxlover.giffirefoxlover.gif

i type so its readable on any pc  biggrin_o.gif

my desk top is 800x600,  keep using . and its not very fair,

for example if i just keep typing on this line, it expands right across the screen, anyone with 800x600 will have murder with this and not because of the forum boxes, or my grammar

because of the picture posted above lol

you guys with 1240x desk tops have no idea what ye do to us 800x users   rofl.gif

although noted this forums boxes are seperate (wich is a sweet feature)

its just a habbit ive gotten from other places  banghead.gif

wraith stop posting for posting sakes, your a spam artist.

Explaining your self is NOT spam, its being curtius and Polite

posting just to complain about the lentgh of a post is Spam.

and avoiding the subject when posting is even worse

a forum is an interactive enviroment, a little interaction is what most people are trying to get

its a simple enough question and its laid out enough for even noobs to see WHAT im asking,

so reply or not (to what i asked)

take it of topic with lame unrelated posts

at the end of the day I have asked, "like you said i should"

and this is the BxBx stargate topic is it not ?

so if anyone can help with my dilema from here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1170

regarding BxBx's code and other peoples action code

please do so smile_o.gif

ps

ive asked here & ive asked here

http://bxbx.atrey.vdsoft.org/stargateen.php

you told me to ask them ffs and this & thier is the place to do it, so i have

now get off my back confused_o.gif

Whats the problem here? The distinction is clear: If you have to unpack someone else's .pbo file to accomplish what you're after, you just crossed the line, and should not re-release it without permission.

If you take a mission, like mine, unpbo it, change what kind of soldiers there are in it, or change a line in the breifing, you can NOT morally re-release it without my permission.

If you're going to use the stargate in your mission, fine, no one cares. If you want to use a script you made to manipulate the iris or something, I think that's probably okay, but

DONT RERELEASE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK (usually a .PBO)

now, everyone should go make a mission because...im bored

Whats the problem here? The distinction is clear: If you have to unpack someone else's .pbo file to accomplish what you're after, you just crossed the line, and should not re-release it without permission.

If you take a mission, like mine, unpbo it, change what kind of soldiers there are in it, or change a line in the breifing, you can NOT morally re-release it without my permission.

If you're going to use the stargate in your mission, fine, no one cares. If you want to use a script you made to manipulate the iris or something, I think that's probably okay, but

DONT RERELEASE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK (usually a .PBO)

now, everyone should go make a mission because...im bored

wish i could download your mission boo-dro by rapidshares being anal about it.

Quote[/b] ]If you want to use a script you made to manipulate the iris or something, I think that's probably okay

that is what im trying to find out, "can we use the animation phase codes from mods" but the question is just ignored

the issue about releasing the OTHER pbo is already resolved

my discusion is about 3rd party scripts that manipulate things

within someone elses addon during game play

(NOT editing thier work then releasing it)

i cant explain it no simpler than i have

all's i can say is download v3 of the audio fx addon & look at my iris script, and tell me if thats allowd or Not

http://www.filelodge.com/files....dio.zip

v4 is slightly diffrent in structure but the Command Under The Option Remains the same from v3, is this code stealing ?

or an acceptable 3rd party script for use in missions (but stored in a pbo) as it currently stands

boodro your mission doesnt work and i extracted it to see what is wrong and it apperas that there is just a mission SQM file there. when you start the mission it say "missing hammond.sqs" this would be beacue the speach script that was supposed to be in the mission is not there. also there is no description.exe file so the gates will not work.

The great thing about that method of modding a cloak is that you can have the outside of the ship cloaked and still be able to view the inside of the ship from outside!!! (when the doors open that is)

Great for puddlejumper and Teltak, Made this for a static Teltak a few months back and works great for human players. yay.gif

boodro your mission doesnt work and i extracted it to see what is wrong and it apperas that there is just a mission SQM file there. when you start the mission it say "missing hammond.sqs" this would be beacue the speach script that was supposed to be in the mission is not there. also there is no description.exe file so the gates will not work.

if you remove the need for that sqs you'll find it needs something called "officer.sqs" as well as the other one confused_o.gif

yeah theres only the mission file in there so there are no SQS files or sounds i think he may have left them out by accident

okay, okay, ill fix it.

I looked into it. The files are gone. They're not in the mission folder anymore and I dont know why. I dont have time to rewrite them because I have to go to work, Ill Repost it as soon as i get everything straight.

Also, I have an ftp server, if you all hate rapidshare. Some people have reservations about FTP, I dont know why really. Anyway...sometime tomorrow maybe.

Man that pisses me off.

boodro, just send me a note, and your mission will be on my site

Why not add it to one of the stargate mod addons? Maybe one of the developers could do that. The amounts of required stargate mods should be kept to a minimum, that's more user friendly (especially when I think of the addon nightmare you just need for the Stargate island).

People want a relatively easy access to a mod without being confused too much.