Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

i think its a Object Proximity thing its a crazy little bug (although kinda cool to)

if you dial an earth gate (inside a building OR outside)

then go drop something on the ramp

i walk up to worm hole then select binoculars then i drop them (right next to the event horizon) then walk away

after doing this, your chances of the gate transporting you are 0% and the gate will Stay open for 38 mins

wich is megga authentic

weird though how it wont let you through untill you pic up the binocs then step through

I'll add a closer proxy to the gate when it is in buildings, still confining the gate will have negative effects on its ability to work, this was true even back in the v1.

Yep.

It detects the closest thiung to the gate, and sees if that is in the event horizon.

If you have the binoculars on the deck nearer the middle of the EH than you, it won't be very happy about sending you.

Remember that your presence in OFP is the sole of your boots, not the middle of you.

I ran the a quick beta test with the mission I was having that stargate problem with and it all seemed to work perfectly in multiplayer, I guess the problem is solved for the purpose that I need it for but it still puzzles me why I only get the error when testing the mission offline.

Can't wait to see the 1.3 version of these gates, if it's anything like version 1.2 but for multiplayer then I'll be very happy as I've already got evil plans for a tense mission in mind..hehe.

Quote[/b] ]I'll add a closer proxy to the gate when it is in buildings, still confining the gate will have negative effects on its ability to work, this was true even back in the v1.

its a good flaw though, i no the building thing is problematic

(i never new you could add a closer proxy) that stuffs beyond me, but it sounds better than a total change

being able to keep the gate open is a cool feature,

as fans no in the show sending a radio signal keeps it open

(i got no idea how ofp would work around that)

but the binocs on the ramp is a great way to keep the door open smile_o.gif

from a noobs perspective i gather a closer proxy will still allow this trick ?, but will fix the building problem

on another note, for noobies like me, as a temp fix

(im not sure due to my addons dir)

but i think some of the Stargate Worlds {required addons}

adds AI path blocks to the ofp objects (i have them on mine)

(i think its part of one of the AGS addons)

maybe helpfull for people to lay thier own path inside a building

for the Ai to follow

Yep.

It detects the closest thiung to the gate, and sees if that is in the event horizon.

If you have the binoculars on the deck nearer the middle of the EH than you, it won't be very happy about sending you.

Remember that your presence in OFP is the sole of your boots, not the middle of you.

If you change the nearestobject position each time it loops to a random relative position within the event horizon, you should be able to pick up more objects within close proximity to the gate instead of the one object "hogging" the nearestobject command. That would also make detecting objects more reliable, allow it to detect more things at a time, and it will cover a larger area when detecting objects so things that enter the event horizon close to the circumference have a better chance of being detected. That is, unless the gates allready do this, but I can't find any evidence of it in the scripts.

Yep.

If you change the nearestobject position each time it loops to a random relative position within the event horizon, you should be able to pick up more objects within close proximity to the gate instead of the one object "hogging" the nearestobject command. That would also make detecting objects more reliable, allow it to detect more things at a time, and it will cover a larger area when detecting objects so things that enter the event horizon close to the circumference have a better chance of being detected. That is, unless the gates allready do this, but I can't find any evidence of it in the scripts.

the nearestobject doesn't work anything like that, the detection is carried out from 8 meters above and below the gate.

A detected object is monitored so that if its static the gate ignores it but if moving will transport it if it crosses the event horizon.

The 38min trick is caused by the gates being programmed not to close is something is detected just outside the event horizion, a way of keeping the door open.

I read the readme, if i'm just placing one in the editor to test it where to i put the description file.

I read the readme, if i'm just placing one in the editor to test it where to i put the description file.

IN

YOUR

MISSION

FOLDER

yeah, ou can't just drop one down now, you have to save it first.

I dunno why you'd drop down just one though...

What could it dial?

Hi all !

I have a little question about wormhole animation :

when the  earth stargate  is in  a building ( like Area-Sgc )  , and when i dialing it , the gate don't work after event horizon , no wormhole and no travel to the next offworld stargate

someone have the same probleme ?   huh.gif  

who can help me to fix this bug ? banghead.gif

héhé ..... I fix the bug for stargate earth in Area-sgc building  smile_o.gif

no wall behind the gate :

behind gate :.................................:20 metres wall  wink_o.gif

new little area-sgc pic  smile_o.gif

area update

its weird but i have no probs with walls n stuff

is that just a 1.2 problem or a problem with them all ?

when i did that video the other day

http://www.filelodge.com/files...._01.wmv

(lame graphics my end) LOL

only problem ive had using your Area-sgc

was when i have 4 in a line, sometimes 1 walks right though and falls of the end of ramp, but if i give just 1 of the 4 units a delay at the last moment they all survive

done in a desert they all survive each time,

its probably diffrent on varios pc's due to addons causing game lag

thats the thing i hate about ofp

the fps changes all the time with each footstep you take wich causes delays in scripts n animations banghead.gif

glad i dont play online, i'd be dead before i new it LOL

it could be the "Up Stairs"

i only have the 1st version (wich Dont have that 2nd window)

i only have 2 floors & 1 of them is ground lol

maybe the upstairs

the area61-SGC entry pic smile_o.gif

gateroom is more little then the first base but around the gateroom it's more big wink_o.gif , so it 's an another base whistle.gif

entry pic

nener.gif

The only thing that is buging me about the SG Command currently released is that there's an underground lab which I can't get into because it says access denied.....@ Colonel Wells....what's in the labs or is that something you put there to bug people?....lol I seriously like the look on the screenshots you've put in so far....I think I'll have to edit my mission to allow for the new version when you release it.

Hi all

you will find official SG mod infos on my website www.crio-zone.info

( website under construction there's no all news, pictures, files availables to download banghead.gif it will completed in next days )