Sign in to follow this  
BigRed

Any News on Publisher?

Because if we don't get a publisher we are going to be playing AAF (Armed Assault Forum) for a long time.

Can anyone provide any insight on this because this is the question all OFP fans have got to be asking themselves?

Any chance to patch things up with Codemasters?

Lets just hope for the best. Does OFP XBox have publisher? If not, BIS have 2 games ready to be released on their hands. That should intrest the potential publishers. I'm sure BIS knows lot more they are telling us.

I think BI are negotiating with some publishers, so they won't be able to answer any questions. ArmAss is still a few months away, so BIS has plenty of time. I'm sure, they'll announce it as soon as they sign the treaty.

i hope they tell us soon confused_o.gif  i want to know like everyone of us, hope everything goes for the best wink_o.gif The only thing i hope is that the future company let them do what they want with the game so it will be kickassssss pistols.gif

We could use a thread to discuss the implications? Codemasters is handling Flashpoint for the xbox, but the biggest problem I see is that no publisher right now is helping ArmA get the media attention it needs and deserves. I havent been seeing a mention in my US PC gamer and I really would expect to start seeing advertisements for a game coming out at the end of the year about this time. BIS shouldnt have to worry about promoting its game this early, but wouldnt it be helpful to sales if they locked in a publisher now to do so? Or is it still too early to matter?

hehe, or is Mr Statham their secret weapon promotional machine.. with his uber spamming... tounge2.gif

Talking about a publisher deal in the works or before the publisher wants you to is just about making sure the publisher walks away from you. It will be announced when they want it to be announced.

I can only say 1 thing , if codemaster  had done more publicity around ofp meaby Bis and them would have made more cash $$$ . ( In Canada if i ask to all my friend if they know flashpoint , they all answer no . There where almost no publicity here and they say if they did'nt hear about it , it must not be a great game. i know they are wrong .....really wrong)

arma will be really a great amelioration on ofp and i hope as soon they have a publisher , they will break all hell loose by making a lot of noise around arma. icon_rolleyes.gif By the way a hight quality video  would be good for us to keep moral up  while weating confused_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I saw little to no press about OFP in the US either. Only way I found out about it originally is when my friend had me over and had this game demo he wanted me to try.

Honestly, guys... when it's announced it'll be announced. Until then this kind of speculation is pretty pointless. confused_o.gif