raedor

Mapfact's Dynamic AI Creator: Preview

And it changes it to a "LONG WAY" to test these Type of Missions ;-)

No more things like : "We have first to go 150 Feet left kill the Soldier on the Houseedge ...then go 245 Feet right and make  Soldier  pistols.gif " ........... LOOOOL

thanks again smile_o.gif

and thanks honcho for this nice preview and the advertisement.

I am really glad that it likes you.

I hope that my translator also works.

It could be that he deals only with DAC wink_o.gif

bye

silola

This all sounds incredibly good. Now the AI soldiers will act like they should. thumbs-up.gif

Very, very impressive. DAC is definitely going to be the next big thing. So many possibilities.

Any chance of a DAC/CCE hybrid?

Due to the fact I participated in a MP test of the DAC engine on the Mapfact server yesterday (where I played my first OFP online game whistle.gif ), I started working on a DAC/CCE version for the Libya map. DMA meets Mapfact in an MP mission.

As you may tell it was quite an experience yesterday. We got surrounded by the enemy AI so many times that it was quite a struggle to stay alive (in which we didnt succeed, using up all our spawnpoints on the way to the second from 3 objectives). Further enhanced was the mission by the use of the Mapfact respawn, which requires a player to "heal" fallen teammates to spawn again. These teammate rescue operations play like mini mission by themselves. I had a blast giving covering fire to teammates that went off to heal fallen comrades. What I said about the SP possibilities definatly also counts for the MP experience of the DAC. Never seen such a life battle enviroment in OFP.

Truly fascinating and genius work, Silola. thumbs-up.gif

Due to the fact I participated in a MP test of the DAC engine on the Mapfact server yesterday (where I played my first OFP online game whistle.gif ), I started working on a DAC/CCE version for the Libya map.  DMA meets Mapfact in an MP mission.

As you may tell it was quite an experience yesterday.  We got surrounded by the enemy AI so many times that it was quite a struggle to stay alive (in which we didnt succeed, using up all our spawnpoints on the way to the second from 3 objectives).  Further enhanced was the mission by the use of the Mapfact respawn, which requires a player to "heal" fallen teammates to spawn again.  These teammate rescue operations play like mini mission by themselves.  I had a blast giving covering fire to teammates that went off to heal fallen comrades.  What I said about the SP possibilities definatly also counts for the MP experience of the DAC.  Never seen such a life battle enviroment in OFP.

Awwwww, i'm so jealous right now. tounge2.gif

Due to the fact I participated in a MP test of the DAC engine on the Mapfact server yesterday (where I played my first OFP online game whistle.gif ), I started working on a DAC/CCE version for the Libya map. DMA meets Mapfact in an MP mission.

As you may tell it was quite an experience yesterday. We got surrounded by the enemy AI so many times that it was quite a struggle to stay alive (in which we didnt succeed, using up all our spawnpoints on the way to the second from 3 objectives). Further enhanced was the mission by the use of the Mapfact respawn, which requires a player to "heal" fallen teammates to spawn again. These teammate rescue operations play like mini mission by themselves. I had a blast giving covering fire to teammates that went off to heal fallen comrades. What I said about the SP possibilities definatly also counts for the MP experience of the DAC. Never seen such a life battle enviroment in OFP.

Awwwww, i'm so jealous right now. tounge2.gif

me 2 tounge2.gif sounds like great fun.. ive been waiting for something like this for ages.. my wishes have come true. well not just yet but they will yay.gif

Excuse my lack of knowledge: what exactly is CCE? icon_rolleyes.gif

Without knowing that, it's hard to say anything about hybrids.

According to the readme of the DAC there are plans to incorporate external AI addons into DAC. Maybe this won't be before the initial release but sometime later. Let's see what the Maestro says.... wink_o.gif

Thanks. Unfortunately i haven't even had the time to play Dynamic Afghanistan yet. Shame on me! I guess i'ld better do this ASAP.

As to the DAC: more mission testing was done yesterday. Of course there are editor example missions for the DAC allready but we are thinking abou going a step further and probably present a fully playable demomission as well.

More on that later.

Still testing every Day !  pistols.gif   pistols.gif

By the way ...

Is there any chance to disable Mesages from Dedicated Server ?

Because:

If you create things like BMP2 in a Mission and you do not have placed it before in the editor.. you get at the moment of its creation an "BMp2 missing" addon message on all clients.

The will be BMP2 is created, but with this message.

And if you start the same on your local machine as server you don´t get it.

The way to avoid that is to place an empty vehicle of that type somewhere on the map (usually tucked away in a corner). Then just type "deletevehicle this" in the init line. Do that for every type of vehicle that plan on spawning (one's that are addons anyway - including BIS addons).

On the same note,

For every script spawning something (vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc..) if you place an empty vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc. of the same type of the one you will spawn (and that is not existing yet ingame) somewhere in the sea (so it will not be annoying for the mission), ingame it will prevent the "spawn lag" that occur everytime a currently non precached model is created on the fly.

This way you can have missions with spawn scripts that will never lag during the unit creation process.

Do not "deletevehicle this" to such empty unit to be really "lag free" during the whole missions with multiple spawn script.

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">The way to avoid that is to place an empty vehicle of that type somewhere on the map (usually tucked away in a corner).

...precisely this process runs off in DAC automated.

The problem appear exclusively in the mp operation,

if mission.sqm not all Addons includes.

This must not happen, however, it can happen

Now the state is following:

If an error message comes with regard to missing Addons in mp,

then the mission must be start once in the single player surroundings and

after everything was generated, it must be saved over again.

It is sensible to activate for it the Unit cache, with it all

possible ones units once are generated.

Then after this process, all possible unities are put down in mission.sqs

Okay, this is a small fact, but with it one can live, or?

bye

silola

Quote[/b] ]For every script spawning something (vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc..) if you place an empty vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc. of the same type of the one you will spawn (and that is not existing yet ingame) somewhere in the sea (so it will not be annoying for the mission), ingame it will prevent the "spawn lag" that occur everytime a currently non precached model is created on the fly.

This way you can have missions with spawn scripts that will never lag during the unit creation process.

Do not "deletevehicle this" to such empty unit to be really "lag free" during the whole missions with multiple spawn script.

OOOOOHHHH so that's what causes the spawn lag. That's great news. I'm going to have to implement that into my future missions. I didn't know there was a way around that lag.

Quote[/b] ]For every script spawning something (vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc..) if you place an empty vehicle/soldier/wreckage/etc. of the same type of the one you will spawn (and that is not existing yet ingame) somewhere in the sea (so it will not be annoying for the mission), ingame it will prevent the "spawn lag" that occur everytime a currently non precached model is created on the fly.

OOOOOHHHH so that's what causes the spawn lag. That's great news. I'm going to have to implement that into my future missions. I didn't know there was a way around that lag.

Yes, that's an interesting trick Honchoblack suggested to me, and it is what i used in the dma template.

Doing that allowed me to never encounter any of those old horrible spawn lag on my , by today standards, low end computer wink_o.gif

That's logic when you think about it , as OFP "pre-cache" the models when loading a mission, and if a new model is created 'on the fly' without having been pre-cached during mission loading , there will be a lag/freeze while OFP is registering/caching the new model created.

For some addons that are using killed eventhandlers script to have a modeled wreck to replace the destroyed vehicle (the DKM Mi28 or the recent Kamov 52 by Evgeni by example) , putting somewhere far away in the sea the wrecked model will allow their script to work even better when their chopper will be destroyed.

Proud to present a little upcomming Tool for DAC

Design is Beta ...

Function is about 90%

Multilanguage 90%

Here is an sample in German

demo-ger1.jpg

And the same Function in English

demo-eng1.jpg

Release is together with DAC

mfg

Emmi ak MCPXXL

wow_o.gif

I'm just loving it!

Hope I could use it in my third Pedagne/Tonal mission.

Klavan

Excellent work, MCPXXL, this will make the DAC accesable for even more people. Great addition to the exquisite DAC engine. thumbs-up.gif

I can't see the images you posted MCPXXL. sad_o.gif

Maybe their site is down because they are uploading it? biggrin_o.gif

*hopes*

Upps Sorry !

Changing the Design often last Days ...

They are back as soon as possible  whistle.gif

The Funktions are Final so far and now in "Internal STRESSTEST" for finding last Bugs

But i have to say "this is only a Help Tool for DAC  notworthy.gif "